PDA

View Full Version : installing bumper and repeaters

MWAKU
26-01-2009, 01:29 PM
1. you know them clear side indicators, how do you install them? How do you take out the existing amber one? Do i have to pry it out? I don't want to damage my paint.

2. If i bought, say a mugen front replica, from carmate, do i have to drill the holes in myself to get it put on or what? or should i be taking it to some professionals to get it done?

simonnowis
26-01-2009, 01:39 PM
what car is this for?
the aftermarket bodykits dont line up perfect, most likely will require a professional to fit.
not deflaming or anything but havent heard alot of positive things about carmate bodykits.

DvSnGuYeN
26-01-2009, 01:42 PM
1. There should be a little "gap" somewhere around the edges, just stick a flat head screwdriver in and then pop it out... pretty easy...

2. Unless ya know where to drill and what not, it's best to get it installed professionally... it'll probably fit better too if done properly...

simonnowis
26-01-2009, 01:55 PM
from memory you ended up getting a 5th gen prelude?
if so, and your refering to the indicator on the side part of the bumper. there should be one screw holding it each side. just unscrew and pry out with a small screw driver wrapped in a cloth to prevent scratches.

Int3gra-T
26-01-2009, 02:59 PM
all replica body parts usually require some form of modification to fit.
in say that, car mate is especially known for low quality fibreglass kits
id steer clear and head with mod project or soemthing

MWAKU
27-01-2009, 12:07 AM
car is prelude. modproject don't have anything for it.

though, where do i unscrew the screws (where are they?). Can't see any visible screws. :S. i'd have to pry it out rite, seems like the only way. Wrapping it in cloth sounds like a good idea. Thanks man.

well i'm not really intending on getting carmate front bar. just curious. where else can i get a mugen front for 97-01 preludes.

simonnowis
27-01-2009, 09:28 AM
heres a diy where they remove the indicator from a 5th gen, its pretty straight forward.
http://www.preludeonline.com/f28/diy-5th-gen-side-markers-blink-fender-lights-239828/

didnt you have a front spoiler and sideskirts for prelude? I think you should just keep them they look alright. prelude lips seem to be rare here in au. you could try ask traders like yonas or f3lix,
ebay.com (u.s.) has a handfull but with the weak dollar i wouldnt bother at the moment.

MWAKU
27-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, but my front bumper is dodgey, previous owner scraped the paint on the corner, and they used some shitty touch up paint, which is now fading. but yeah, i'll probably keep the lip then..

migoreng
27-01-2009, 02:54 PM
looking from the back of the car you should see a small gap for a flathead screwdriver to push in and release the clip
the indicator should then pop out if you pull out a little.