PDA

View Full Version : Apexi Power Fc VS Hondata

damo46
26-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey people im after a aftermarket computer for a b18cr and i know theirs apexi power fc and hondata although the power fc is plug and play... Just wanted to get peoples opinions who have experience with the in their b18cr and if you know which computer is Better?? To make more power and has more setting and is just better over all?

For example has apexi got something that hondata dosetn have and has hondata got something good that apexi dont have ... etc.. i just want to know which computer can tune my engine better with simple bolt ons to make the most and best power output..

This way ill know which computer to invest in for the best of my engine and running gear...

Cheers

Limbo
26-01-2009, 06:42 PM
simple bolt-ons any pretty much. Hondata, only has one main issue in that your limited to hondata tuners. PF there are alot of people who can tune these units.

I've driven both and can't fault the ECUs, they drive just like a factory car would smooth as.

Only main thing i thought hondata was better was that it had launch control. PFC launch control needs a seperate module, but PFC comes with a hand controller

Also one last thing PFC comes with a base map of a b18cr (if you get the correct one) so u don't need to tune it right away. Hondata needs to be tuned as soon as you get the ECU

fatboyz39
26-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Vipec ECU

10kw gain over hondata on a D-series

[ricer]
26-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Vipec ECU

10kw gain over hondata on a D-series

thats quite alot
what can vipec do that hondata cant?
is there more tuning points or something?

i had hondata before... if your car is obd1... i'd probably go with hondata or crome.... as it would be a heaps cheaper option over a pfc

STOCK
26-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Go with whatever your tuner is more comfortable with.

damo46
26-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Im looking to get it tuned at Toda racing becoz its local to me and i heard he tunes very well and know few people who were happy and great tunes....
I Think i want power fc becoz its plug n play but can anyone answer which will tune better and make more power at toda... apexi or hondata????
Cheers

IEVAQ8
26-01-2009, 08:26 PM
hondata all the way...............

power fc is okay but no were near as good as hondata.....

example..............my dc2r with i/ h/ e and vafc2 made 135kw at the wheels, my mate dc2r with i/ h/ e crower cams and power fc made 135kw at the wheels........same dyno same tuner......................

my point is that power fc tuning points are very similar 2 vafc so no were near as good as hondata.............but i got no proof or power figures for hondata on similar dc2r.....

grumpy rooster
26-01-2009, 08:34 PM
How much is he looking at to get Hondata or PFC into his car?

PM me for another very good, affordable alternative. :)

damo46
26-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Is hondata plug and play aswell and whats the best computer hondata has for a dc2r??

Also im sure apexi power fc would be much betetr then vafc2.. its full computer with much more setting sisnt it?

Anyone here got a hondata or apexi power fc tuned to their dc2r or b18cr engine
Cheers

damo46
26-01-2009, 08:44 PM
How much is he looking at to get Hondata or PFC into his car?

PM me for another very good, affordable alternative. :)

Hey man whats ur alternative to tune and make jsut as good... i want a power fc or hondata plug n play
pm me what u got and ur idea
cheers

IEVAQ8
26-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Is hondata plug and play aswell and whats the best computer hondata has for a dc2r??

Also im sure apexi power fc would be much betetr then vafc2.. its full computer with much more setting sisnt it?

hondata is plug and play..................

yeh ur right, u would hope and assume that power fc is better than vafc.............but i was only giving a true and real live exaqmple of my opinion of power fc compared to vafc.................i would have had comparison to hondata with dc2r na but i ended up turbo charging my dc2r with hondata before i did hondata na tune.................

damo46
26-01-2009, 09:49 PM
yea ohhk which hondata unit is the best do you know for dc2r? s100, s200 or s300... and whats the most expensive one and where can i get it from in sydney if anyone knows?? or where are their apexi power fc's forsale?
Cheers

Slaz
26-01-2009, 10:23 PM
The Hondata S300 is the top of the line unit offered by Hondata for your application, it is very similar to the Neptune system but they have more features and better software then offered by Chrome, most tuners have the software for Hondata and Chrome but not for Neptune due to its dealers, so in oz i believe have to use one of thier recommened tuners ( maybe Darren @ motorsport induction can clear that up for you? )

The Vipec as suggested by Fatboy, is a plug and play ecu based of their v44 ecu, which is just a rebranded Link ecu called the G4 and made in New Zealend but remarketed and distributed by Ray Hall turbocharging in Queensland as he had a fall out with the owner/creator of Autronic which was the ecu he sold and marketed prior to now having the Vipec ecu range, it is a good ecu but would require alot more dyno/tuning time to get correct and running as smoothly as a factory based system like Hondata, especially with creature comforts such as cold start, idle speed and a/c control to name a few and very hard for a tuner to get them all right in one session often needing retuning or certain areas of the tune to be addressed as its hard to reproduce all driving varibles in one session/tune so this adds up with the initial dyno costs, and subsequent re tuning.

The power an engine will make be it a Chrome/Hondata or a top of the line Motec will be very minimal depending on the tuner and the time spent, engines arnt that complicated in the fuel/timing department when it comes to making power, the advantages of bigger, better, more often stand alone ecu's, are the amount of outputs, other things it can control within a vehicle, or the accuracy of it for given applications, for yours and most, its not required.

Adrian @ Toda has alot of experience with the Hondata and your appliction so you cant go wrong, as for where to buy, suggest doing some searching and see what you come up with.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

damo46
26-01-2009, 11:00 PM
hey man thanks alot for your help... I think i might go with hondata s300 if its the top of the line becoz thats what i want.... unless a cheap apexi power fc pops up or a good price one.... Although is the hondata s300 a plug n play unit into the b18cr..... Also can adrian tune the s300?
Cheers... who can supply them around sydney?
cheers

Slaz
26-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Both the S300 and Apexi are plug and play and Adrain can tune both systems for you.

The S300 is the top of the line, and worth the extra money compared to the lower level units they offer.

Limbo
27-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Yeah i've seen adrian tune both the PFC & Hondata with great results.
If you can afford the s300 its worth it cos its got launch control which comes in handy

Hooman
29-01-2009, 04:06 PM
i've been recommended to go a Vipec for my OBD0 89 CRX, will the vipec work on an obd0?

Slaz
29-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I dont believe Vipec do a OBD0 but could be work back with a conversion loom like most of the other units available.

votek
29-01-2009, 08:41 PM
you cannot get launch control on the pfc?

damo46
29-01-2009, 10:55 PM
yeah i think im going hondata s300.. easiest to tune and best everything

SuperSteve
29-01-2009, 11:30 PM
sorry for noob question but whats the difference between hondata kpro and the s300 ??

iced
29-01-2009, 11:52 PM
i got to say hondata.
nothing beats an oem ecu on steroids

sorry for noob question but whats the difference between hondata kpro and the s300 ??

kpro is for kseries

Limbo
30-01-2009, 09:07 AM
it comes on the PFC Pro, which i don't beleive you can get for the Honda model

you cannot get launch control on the pfc?

Fitzy
30-01-2009, 09:18 AM
i wish i would of read this yesterday before buying a new ecu would of gave me more insight.
but im happy with what adrian recommended going with the s100 into my vitr seeing as its straight plug.
least it will be better than the stock ecu.

Limbo
30-01-2009, 09:24 AM

I beleive Kpro ones are only for the K series motors

Mattski_VTIR
30-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I beleive Kpro ones are only for the K series motors

Correct :thumbsup: i believe they use a Kpro unit with a harness and new sensors for the s2000 also!

SuperSteve
30-01-2009, 06:30 PM
thanks guys

beeza
30-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Neptune looks awesome.

Andy @AKMotorworks in Melbourne is now tuning with Neptune (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95709)

Here's his site:
http://hrtuning.com/