PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!!

jdmEG5
26-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey can any of you guys help me?
I got an EG, it has air con, but the air con button doesnt work. o0
what can be the problem?
you can click it, but the green light doesnt go on.
I've actually took out the whole climate control to check up the wiring and everything seems fine.

If anyone can help, please do :D
and and please pm me if any of you guys have a wrecking EG that has the climate control working in order.
please help im desperate since its summer!

panda[cRx]
26-01-2009, 06:49 PM
does the aircon actually work?

could just been a blown globe in the button

jdmEG5
26-01-2009, 07:19 PM
;2095185']does the aircon actually work?

could just been a blown globe in the button
i regass'ed the air con. Mechanic's says i need to get a new set of the climate control thing .. o_0"
so i unno, i dont think the globe coz usualyy, if the globe doesnt work, the aircon still does but this one doesnt its just normal air

mikeey
26-01-2009, 09:42 PM
pop the bonnet and get a mate to check if the compressor clicks on when the aircon is switched on from the controls. compressor will click and the fan should start spinning - if it works blown globe... if not something with the wiring.

jdmEG5
26-01-2009, 10:27 PM
pop the bonnet and get a mate to check if the compressor clicks on when the aircon is switched on from the controls. compressor will click and the fan should start spinning - if it works blown globe... if not something with the wiring.
okay i'll try that! thank anyways :D

anymore possible suggestions?

omgzilla
26-01-2009, 10:37 PM
There can be a few things that stop the A/C compressor from engaging such as too much gas, too little gas, clutch on compressor faulty, evaporator temp sensor faulty... the list goes on.

But seeing as the switch isn't lighting up it may indicate a power fault. Either at the climate control unit itself or somewhere along the circuit - before the climate control unit.

You can check power and earthing at the plug connection at the a/c compressor plug. If there is no power there, work your way back (checking power) along the wiring loom. Check at the relay/fuses. If everything else is in order, you may be up for a climate control unit.

jdmEG5
27-01-2009, 07:51 PM
There can be a few things that stop the A/C compressor from engaging such as too much gas, too little gas, clutch on compressor faulty, evaporator temp sensor faulty... the list goes on.

But seeing as the switch isn't lighting up it may indicate a power fault. Either at the climate control unit itself or somewhere along the circuit - before the climate control unit.

You can check power and earthing at the plug connection at the a/c compressor plug. If there is no power there, work your way back (checking power) along the wiring loom. Check at the relay/fuses. If everything else is in order, you may be up for a climate control unit.
hmmm thanks for the suggestion. I recently checked with the mechanic, i think it was yesterday and he said everything seems fine. Just the switch doesnt work. WOuld there be any places i can get the climate unit?