PDA

View Full Version : DC5s seats into Ek

drated
28-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi

I couldnt find a thread but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Now i was thinking about putting a dc5s seat into my civic ek and so can it be done simply by getting universal rails or will it be better with ek9 rails ?

kriZy
28-01-2009, 02:31 PM
hi drated.

its recommended getting ek9 rails to suit your civic ek. wouldnt be a good idea to get universal rails cause its not tailored to fit exactly on eks. some universal ones might need slight adjustments/modificaitons.

ek9 rails are about $200 each.

niiCk
28-01-2009, 02:36 PM
When we did it for my cousins EK, we chopped off the brackets from both the DC5S seats and the EK seats, then we just rewelded the EK brackets onto the DC5S rails, its all good.

n473
28-01-2009, 02:39 PM
You won't be able to use ek9 rails. To my knowledge (I may be wrong), the rails won't bolt up to the seats. Best to get the dc5 rail mounts customised to fit, or use your current EK mounts and weld them onto your dc5 rails

niiCk
28-01-2009, 02:55 PM
You won't be able to use ek9 rails. To my knowledge (I may be wrong), the rails won't bolt up to the seats. Best to get the dc5 rail mounts customised to fit, or use your current EK mounts and weld them onto your dc5 rails

yeah what he said, i dont think the EK9 rails will bolt onto the DC5S, they'll only bolt onto any recaro seats. But someone correct me if im wrong. Just do what me and n473 did to his car:thumbsup:

drated
28-01-2009, 04:28 PM
damn that is crap coz i dont want to weld anything because i want to be on the safe side just incase it was a sht house weld and it snaps when i take it hard !!!

is there another way around this ?

niiCk
28-01-2009, 04:36 PM

damn that is crap coz i dont want to weld anything because i want to be on the safe side just incase it was a sht house weld and it snaps when i take it hard !!!

is there another way around this ?

His car is a safe ride, you could even have a look at it, its solid. Theres no other way, everyone will just say to modify them, which in the end requires welding. Could get different seats that fit the EKs with ease

dupac->
28-01-2009, 04:46 PM
the dc5s aren't recaros so ek9 rails im sure are no go for this.

get recaros.... or leave the seats standard...

did u get them cheap or free?

simonnowis
29-01-2009, 12:26 PM
not sure if the bottom mounting base of the dc5s seats are same or similar size, you would have to measure. but when putting s2000 seats into an EK, one method is to use the stock EK seat bottoms and change it to the s2000 bottom, so the stock EK rails mount perfectly onto the s2000 seats.

drated
29-01-2009, 12:26 PM

get recaros.... or leave the seats standard...

did u get them cheap or free?

No i was considering buyin the ones here on OH for a fair price thats all but if its that much hassle then i prob wont get them

n473
30-01-2009, 11:39 AM

Yep, no go unfortunately.

not sure if the bottom mounting base of the dc5s seats are same or similar size, you would have to measure. but when putting s2000 seats into an EK, one method is to use the stock EK seat bottoms and change it to the s2000 bottom, so the stock EK rails mount perfectly onto the s2000 seats.

I was going to do that, but the DC5S seats have really weird floor pans and I think you'll need to cut some foam for them to fit on the EK seats.

No i was considering buyin the ones here on OH for a fair price thats all but if its that much hassle then i prob wont get them

That price is good. If you do end up buying them, you could just go and get them custom fabricated by someone.

By the way, if you're going to do the chop and weld method, these seats will sit a bit higher than your stock EK seats. The ride height is alright (not like your head is going through the roof or anything. Mine are steady as a rock =).

drated
30-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Yep, no go unfortunately.

I was going to do that, but the DC5S seats have really weird floor pans and I think you'll need to cut some foam for them to fit on the EK seats.

That price is good. If you do end up buying them, you could just go and get them custom fabricated by someone.

By the way, if you're going to do the chop and weld method, these seats will sit a bit higher than your stock EK seats. The ride height is alright (not like your head is going through the roof or anything. Mine are steady as a rock =).

im not thinking s2k seats .... i heard they were not as hard to install or modify to fit ... i have seen a few ppl do it

n473
30-01-2009, 11:39 PM
I wasn't referring to S2K seats - I meant that DC5 seats had weird floor pans and that if you were trying to do it the way that people did it with S2K seats, it might not be a smooth, easy swap over. I've considered doing it, but did the chop and weld method instead (I have DC5 seats in my car).