PDA

View Full Version : Distributor ticking noise

g_kn
29-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Heys,
ive just notice my distributor is making a rattling ticking noise when you start the car, im 100% sure its coming from inside the distributor.
Ive replaced Cap, Rotor button & module and still makes that annoying constant tick.

Any idea?

g_kn
30-01-2009, 07:16 AM
morning bump.

ECU-MAN
30-01-2009, 08:00 AM
thats the sound of a dying dizzy

the bearing is failing, if you replace the bearing now you can save the dizzy. you can try spraying CRC in the bearing ( just a bit of CRC ) it might last londer.

what car do you have?

g_kn
30-01-2009, 08:03 AM
dc2

before all the dramas my car started up but i noticed a ticking noise then the following day i tryd starting her up and it wouldnt work.
Immediately replaced cap , rotor button and the module and now it starts but the ticking noise is still there.

g_kn
30-01-2009, 08:08 AM

the bearing is failing, if you replace the bearing now you can save the dizzy. you can try spraying CRC in the bearing ( just a bit of CRC ) it might last londer.

what car do you have?
dc2

before all the dramas my car started up but i noticed a ticking noise then the following day i tryd starting her up and it wouldnt work.
Immediately replaced cap , rotor button and the module and now it starts but the ticking noise is still there.

ECU-MAN
30-01-2009, 02:14 PM
did your engine light come on ?

g_kn
30-01-2009, 11:03 PM
did your engine light come on ?

Yeah it stays on :S
help anyone

g_kn
01-02-2009, 10:26 AM

ECU-MAN
02-02-2009, 08:17 AM
check your ecu for codes, you TDC CYP or CKP is probably rooted. if thats the case you will be needeing a new dizzy

dsp26
02-02-2009, 04:59 PM

what car do you have?

what? really?

do you by any chance have the part number for a bearing and rough cost?? is it attainable from honda or a bearing place??

ECU-MAN
03-02-2009, 11:57 AM
honda dont sell the bearing on its own, Some here ahve said they have been able to source the bearing from a bearing place. I know Honda had a patent pending on the bearing but some seem to be able to source them.

I have rebuilt dizzys in the past with bearing from other model dizzys.