PDA

View Full Version : EG rear coilovers into EK using washers?

3iuuop
30-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Hey im not to sure if this is true or not so can someone please help?
i know EG coilovers wont fit into a EK lca cuz the forks are different sizes but my friend recons u can put washers inbetween the bushings or somthing he recons he has done it before, does any one know about this?

geeang
30-01-2009, 04:27 PM
It's 'possible' but not recommended as it is not suited to be used with washers, I'd imagine using washers would be effective but quite dangerous.

e240
30-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey im not to sure if this is true or not so can someone please help?
i know EG coilovers wont fit into a EK lca cuz the forks are different sizes but my friend recons u can put washers inbetween the bushings or somthing he recons he has done it before, does any one know about this?

Yeah, the EG bottoms are wider than the EKs.

using washers are not a problem at all, just make sure you get the correct size and I only recommend using stainless steel washers.

The washers just act as a spacer and isn't exactly load bearing.

But what are you trying to achieve? Why use EG coilovers on an EK?

defect
30-01-2009, 04:58 PM
my friend has eg coilovers on his ej8 coupe
dont know what he done but. didnt ask..
but its possible. buy function 7 lca :>

Red_EG4
30-01-2009, 06:10 PM
but its possible. buy function 7 lca :>
unless there is a 'EG suspension into EK' Function7 LCA, I don't think that is going to help. The EG and EK LCA's are different lengths if I recall correctly.

3iuuop
30-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah, the EG bottoms are wider than the EKs.

using washers are not a problem at all, just make sure you get the correct size and I only recommend using stainless steel washers.

The washers just act as a spacer and isn't exactly load bearing.

But what are you trying to achieve? Why use EG coilovers on an EK?

oh cuz i pretty much got eg coilovers just sitting there. thanks for help everyone

e240
30-01-2009, 11:56 PM
^^ Well, thats as good an excuse as any! LOL...
It'll do fine..

In fact, I actually do the opposite and run EK shocks in my EG. Just have to machine the bushing at the bottom.