PDA

View Full Version : Euro Alarm

aaronng
19-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Hi All,

It's me again. Was fooling around with my Euro, I locked the car with the remote while I was inside the car, and tried pulling up the door lock on each door. I found that the alarm only came on when I unlocked the front passenger door. Unlocking any of the other 3 doors resulted in the alarm system being disabled (light flashes, and red security light turns off). Locking the car with the remote, then putting the key in and starting the car results in the alarm going off and the car not starting. Please post your experiences with the alarm.

Thanks!

EuroAccord13
19-10-2004, 10:47 PM
The standard factory alarm only has a panic and intrusion alarm with immobilier... When u were in the car and went unlocking it, it's just the intrusion alarm, when u tried to start it, it's the immobiliser kicking in.. but from the way u described it.. it seems like weird having this sort of factory alarm...

aaronng
19-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Just edited my post to make it more clear. Intrusion alarm is supposed to sound when any of the doors are unlocked without using the key or remote right? I found that it only worked with the front passenger door and not the other 3 doors... Guess I have to see the dealer about this

PERTH_EURO
20-10-2004, 01:23 AM
what it actually has an audiable alrm??

kanthan
20-10-2004, 03:10 AM
yep....out of habit, went to the atm and locked the car with people in it...and came back to find out when they tried to leave the car...the car alarm went off.

toE
20-10-2004, 04:58 AM
i think there was a thread similar to this already.

EDIT: can't seem to find it. u're excused :p

aaronng
20-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Hehe, yeah, I made it a point to search first before posting. I read on the TSX forums that there is a 15 seconds delay before the intrusion alarm is set after you lock the door. I'll try again later.

What I found was worrying yesterday, because for the driver's and rear passenger's doors, unlocking from the inside didn't sound the alarm and instead turned off the security system! (red light turned off). That means anyone can bash through the window, pull the lock and then start the car.

Type R Positive
20-10-2004, 09:48 AM
What I found was worrying yesterday, because for the driver's and rear passenger's doors, unlocking from the inside didn't sound the alarm and instead turned off the security system! (red light turned off). That means anyone can bash through the window, pull the lock and then start the car.It would still be a pain in the ass cause you need the key for immobilizer, but for the pro's it wouldn't matter.

Has anyone heard of a Euro getting stolen yet?

aaronng
20-10-2004, 09:52 AM
No, but on the TSX forums, there have been a few stolen. The only thing that the immobilizer can deter is a opportunistic thief and maybe an owner who forgot his keys.

aaronng
20-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Just tested my Euro. The system needs 15 seconds before the intrusion detector is activated. After 15 seconds, the pulling of any door locks will set the alarm off. I guess yesterday I exceeded 15 seconds for the front passenger door before opening, while for the other 3 I unlocked them immediately after locking with the remote.

Thanks for your info!

Type R Positive
20-10-2004, 11:31 AM
I have to try this. I take it you sit in the car and lock it with the key remote. You then wait a minute or two then unlock the door pulling the door lock and the alarm goes off?

How do you turn it off? does it reset it self or do you have to unlock it using the key?

aaronng
20-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah, after 15 seconds, if you pull the lock, the alarm goes off. If under 15 seconds, then the security disables itself.

Press the unlock button on your remote to turn off the alarm.

kanthan
21-10-2004, 11:41 AM
i was speaking to a security installer the other day. He was tellin me that the factory alarm and imobiliser are pretty crap on most hondas. Thus why they get a pretty average RACV/NRMA security rating. If a pro wanted to, he could disable the imobilser pretty easy. A lot of the times, people upgrade their factory alarms and this increases the time a theif needs to steal the car. Generally they also install a back up siren in the car somewhere. So u would need to be really be quick to cut both of them off at the same time.

I saw a special with RACV for about $550 fitted, they upgraded the factory alarm with BRANT upgrade kit. Looks pretty cool.

euro77
21-10-2004, 10:50 PM
and will this actually reduce the premium?

Type R Positive
22-10-2004, 11:33 AM
and will this actually reduce the premium? It should, you can always use this for bargaining. Check with the insurance before you install.

kanthan
22-10-2004, 01:41 PM
it might not reduce your premium but it will sure save u on the excess u wont be paying when you car is not stolen.

EuroSip
22-10-2004, 02:59 PM
I set the alarm off once when i used the double press window opening function on the key...and then left it for a while so the car locked itself and i decided to solve the key in without opening the door....

Also, i've noticed that all the car locks itself after a while...even when you've opened the boot once during that period...what if you left the key in the boot...then you're scrwed huh?

aaronng
22-10-2004, 03:50 PM
That's why the key stays in your pocket and never leaves your body. Heheheh... That's my habit. No leaving of keys on the seats, dash, boot or on the car. Always goes back into my pocket when not needed or is in the way.

yfin
22-10-2004, 06:41 PM
I set the alarm off once when i used the double press window opening function on the key...and then left it for a while so the car locked itself and i decided to solve the key in without opening the door....

Also, i've noticed that all the car locks itself after a while...even when you've opened the boot once during that period...what if you left the key in the boot...then you're scrwed huh?

Here is my understanding of how this works --- car will only lock itself if you unlock the doors with the remote but don't open a door for a while. In all other cases my doors stay unlocked unless i lock them.

The boot will automatically lock itself only if the car doors are locked (assuming the switch under the boot isn't activitated - then it is always locked unless you use key fob)....

So if you lock the car doors, open the boot, throw your key in --- yes you have locked the key in the boot...

Have i got this right? Someone will tell me otherwise I am sure

Re the alarm -- I notice there is no interior sensor. So presumably if a window is broken and you leave valuables in the car they can be stolen if the thief does not open any doors...

aaronng
22-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah, no interior sensor.....

VirIIx
23-10-2004, 02:28 AM
i did this to myself a few weeks ago while cleaning the car, forgot i had locked it with the remote and reached in to pull the lock up and the alarm went off, a bit of a shock mind you. Especially in the quiet morning!

aaronng
23-10-2004, 06:16 AM
i did this to myself a few weeks ago while cleaning the car, forgot i had locked it with the remote and reached in to pull the lock up and the alarm went off, a bit of a shock mind you. Especially in the quiet morning!

Yeah. I was doing "get in the car, lock with remote, start the car" routine that works with the Astra. On the Euro, it goes *HONK* *HONK* *HONK*. Had to think for 3 seconds before pulling the key out and hitting the unlock button.

euro77
23-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah, no interior sensor.....

And I am pretty sure no shock sensor as well. Never tested it though.

EuroSip
25-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah. I was doing "get in the car, lock with remote, start the car" routine that works with the Astra. On the Euro, it goes *HONK* *HONK* *HONK*. Had to think for 3 seconds before pulling the key out and hitting the unlock button.

I did that too...^^

The old car i use to have use to stay unlocked if you unlock the car with the remote and then opened the boot....i think it's better since that you don't have the chance of locking yourself out fo the car...

aaronng
25-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Found another one. Usually I do this: Unlock with remote, get in and lock all doors with the lock button on the drivers side and then start the car.

BUT.... if you do this: Unlock with remote, get in and lock all doors with the lock button BEFORE your passenger manages to close the door. The moment the last door closes after the lock button is pressed, the alarm system is armed! If you didn't notice the red light and proceed to start the car, guess what happens? ;)

Type R Positive
25-10-2004, 11:27 PM
I showed my girly how to set it off. I just lock it with the remote with all the windows down. I got her to pull up the door lock and she shat her self. It was quite funny indeed!

The euro has a brilliant horn, it is great for scaring the crap out of wankers who stroll across the road.

PERTH_EURO
26-10-2004, 01:31 PM
....... and proceed to start the car, guess what happens? ;)

umm umm dancing girls pop out from under the hood and put on a little show :p :D

The euro has a brilliant horn, it is great for scaring the crap out of wankers who stroll across the road.

hahah yes I know the ones u mean :thumbdwn:

aaronng
26-10-2004, 02:12 PM
umm umm dancing girls pop out from under the hood and put on a little show :p :D

DAMN! I knew I should have taken that dealer accessory.... :( :( :(

I CU2
29-10-2014, 12:23 AM

I did this too! at 2am in the morning :o

noel
08-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Hi, All

Recently, I unlocked my CU2, then the boot - and promptly closed the lid, with the bloody key inside the boot.

By this time, the doors had re-locked. With dogs in the car and the driver's window down a bit, I slid an arm inside and released the snibber, then opened the door, intending to push the boot-release button. It was then I discovered just how loud the horn on the alarm can be, especially in a shopping centre undercover car-park! And, too, discovered that the alarm disables the interior boot release.

A cab-ride home for the spare key followed, but when I inserted the key in the ignition switch, the alarm went off again.

It took a call to Roadside Assistance to learn how to disable the alarm (open and close driver's door, then use the master button to lock the doors).

And, you know, despite the horn blowing, only one person actually fronted to the car, to see if they could help - or to ask if I was legit in trying to get into the car.

Lesson learnt? Slip the key back in pocket, after unlocking boot - or open one door.

CHEERS
NOEL