PDA

View Full Version : Sumoto Motorcycle World

lHlonda
02-02-2009, 10:40 AM
anyone heard of or bought a bike from here??

i was happy with the cibbys they have in stock, all under 20000km and all 09 complianced? anyways...

i was talking to them over the fone since last week,,, and yes they eventually got to me, since i live in syd and they're all the way in vic, ive had several interviews through my fone about financing the bike and yadayada. which is risky?

they got all my details and blah blah blah,
after the finance company is 100% happy with my file, the bike is MINE~~HAHAHA

anyway, opinions?? yay or nay?
:wave:

Zdster
02-02-2009, 10:41 AM
:edit so that ozhonda doesnt get into trouble: I would be cautious about buying from them.

Search on google - they have a VERY bad reputation.

There are numerous examples of bikes falling apart, pieced together etc etc. You dont know the history of them, the km's and they will splash a new paint job on to cover up any issues.

lHlonda
02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
thanks for that, Killjoy;;; jkz

but from the way i see it, your opinion is based on what you've heard from someone (that hasnt purchased a bike from the store) or your just assuming its bad because someone said its sh*t through the net. i mean anyone can spam. which then becomes rumours and rarara. feel me?

so yeah, i appreciate your thoughts mate, but come on... be more realistic. and yeah, if there is someone that has bought a bike from there and is unhappy about watever the issue is, i'll take back wat i said Zeddy;

other than that, more opinions please~

Zdster
02-02-2009, 11:19 AM
thanks for that, Killjoy;;; jkz

but from the way i see it, your opinion is based on what you've heard from someone (that hasnt purchased a bike from the store) or your just assuming its bad because someone said its sh*t through the net. i mean anyone can spam. which then becomes rumours and rarara. feel me?

so yeah, i appreciate your thoughts mate, but come on... be more realistic. and yeah, if there is someone that has bought a bike from there and is unhappy about watever the issue is, i'll take back wat i said Zeddy;

other than that, more opinions please~

Have you bothered to search?

The vast majority of comments are from people that have had first hand experience. That being said, if you want to take the risk it is your cash so be my guest.

TECDUP
02-02-2009, 11:23 AM
as above, i have heard a lot of bad stories

lHlonda
02-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Have you bothered to search?

The vast majority of comments are from people that have had first hand experience. That being said, if you want to take the risk it is your cash so be my guest.

yes i have. not sure about you, but i dont have alot time on my hands to go research in depth, in my spare time ive been around a few shops here in syd and called up, the shop in vic was my most recent interest; so yearll~

lHlonda
02-02-2009, 11:34 AM
as above, i have heard a lot of bad stories

Zdster
02-02-2009, 11:35 AM
yes i have. not sure about you, but i dont have alot time on my hands to go research in depth, in my spare time ive been around a few shops here in syd and called up, the shop in vic was my most recent interest; so yearll~

So you want to spend a fair amount of money on something and you arnt going to research it?

lHlonda
02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Zdster;2104714]So you want to spend a fair amount of money on something and you arnt going to research it?[/QUOTE

ofcourse i want to research a lil bit more, but like i said theres too many things going off at once these days. thats why i need some kind of guarantee from a buyer to see if my money loss will be crucial or not.

bennjamin
02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
another forum http://www.cbr250.com/cbr250/forum/default.asp - has much better stories and experi4nces about this particular firm.

i strongly suggest you sign up there and use teh search function.
If you ask the same question there ,, you may get spammed and attacked lol.

PS this company does not have a good reputation.

Zdster
02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Netrider also has a 20 page thread about them.

Edit:
Sorry, it is 15 pages (but there are a few other threads if you search):
http://www.netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13631

lHlonda
02-02-2009, 12:34 PM
i just cancelled the application with sumoto...i dont know if its my loss or not,
my family wasnt happy about the decision in the first place so yeah...byebye sumoto..

thanks for all your comments guys especially Zdster^^ goodman
need to go bike shopping again....fek

Zdster
02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
thanks for all your comments guys especially Zdster^^ goodman
need to go bike shopping again....fek

Looking for a bike shouldnt be a negative experience. Check out your local bike stores, but also have a look around bikepoint, bikesales, tradingpost, ebay etc. There are plenty of good learner legal bikes around. Just have to keep your eyes peeled :).

dogcrapau
03-02-2009, 12:28 AM
from what i heard...
sumoto has improved, the negative feedback has forced them to up mechanic workers from last i heard from a person who visited them and increase their quality work of the bikes prior to sales.
but if your in sydney just buy it in sydney!!!

aimre
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
i bought my bike in melb

$59 flights ftw