PDA

View Full Version : not adjusting.

ef-civic
03-02-2009, 08:28 PM
hey im trying to adjust my tein coilovers in the front of my eg. i got defected and car had to be raised. suspension place said it was very tight to adjust now. i can barely move it when i try to lower it again. any idea's on what i could do ?

trism
03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
its tight becuase the springs perches are hard against the springs, compressing them. its gonna be difficult until you take pressure off them

bennjamin
03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
or the perches are simply rusted shut or full of dirt and road grit etc.

Are they new or 2nd hand ?

trism
03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
bennjamin, byt he sounds of it they have been moved recently in order to raise it to clear defect

bennjamin
03-02-2009, 09:00 PM
noted , still need more info tho. Shop stating difficult to adjust could be pre or post "adjustment".

OP, if you are keen to lower it again yourself get some sort of WD40 or similar spray , spray abit around the thread and perches and attempt to undo the LOWER (locking) perch. once it is free spinning you should be able to slowly wind the top down. Make sure there is no weight on the shock as you do this. Repeat the other side and make sure they are evenly adjusted.

ek4-guy
03-02-2009, 09:00 PM
the spanners that come with them will have a square hole in the end put a rachet in that hole and you will have more leverage

also spray all the thread with wd40 first

F.O.B Squad
03-02-2009, 11:24 PM
What model Teins? and how many K's on them?
Just asking to get an idea on why its not moving.....

omgzilla
12-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Get a wire brush and some CRC and spray the threads and clean them up first.

You could use spring compressors to take away the spring tension on the mounting plates while adjusting them, then just release the spring compressors once you've got them set to your desired height.

FAT VTI
10-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Just use heaps of silicone spray and let it penetrate.

MAKE SURE UR USING THE SPANNERS THE CORRECT WAY,
THEY PUSH AWAY FROM EACH OTHER AND IF U DONT DO IT RIGHT UR TIGHTENING THEM.
THEY ARE EXTREMELY HARD TO GET OFF IF THEY DONT HAVE A LUBRICANT ON THEM, I cant get mine off unless i use heaps of silicone spray.

it should not be too hard mate.

you should not have to use spring compressors to adjust the height.