PDA

View Full Version : door wont close

panda[cRx]
20-10-2004, 11:25 AM
anyone know anything about the door locking mechanisms??? :confused:

my locks have been playing up (maybe related electrically to central locking i dunno coz my electrics playing up)
but i justwent down to he shops then and my passenger door WOULD NOT CLOSE
obviously i wasnt gonna leave it there with the door ajar so i had to drive home holding it closed it one hand whle steering and shifting with the other :o

i got home without killing anyone and i just did a search but didnt find anything so i thought i'd ask.

going to pull apart my friggin goow now :(

2ds
20-10-2004, 12:08 PM
i think it's time to upgrade to a gen3

panda[cRx]
20-10-2004, 12:13 PM
i think its time to shut your hole

anyway here's the problem

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/panda_crx/thedoor.jpg

and no i cant get those 3 screws out so i cant rip it out, tried wd40 and all that crap :confused:

panda[cRx]
20-10-2004, 02:09 PM
still nothing :(
while i'm at it BOTH my windows arent workin so i've been told it would most likely be the relay as its unlikely that BOTH window motors would die on me at the same time.
anyone had similar probs? or any tips?

sesshoumaru
20-10-2004, 04:40 PM
umm the central locking mechanism shouldnt have anything to do with that particular latch...

as in, if it's not latching... i don't think it's a problem with the central locking, but the latch itself.

panda[cRx]
20-10-2004, 07:37 PM
FOUND THE ANSWER ON CRXAUS

"your door WILL close - you just have to SLAM it with a sense feeling - no use just hammering the door

i know its painfull but thats the only way it will close.

what you will find is that the BLACK plastic which surrounds the latch has broken and is probably missing, you will need to replace the lock. Unfortunate for u, the screws are probably done with some locktite maybe or something or just never turned since new.

Maybe if you can get yourself to a compressor and an airgun with some fittings, you may be able to undo it that way with a tyre hammer wrench thing? otherwise try it with a GOOD screw driver and a big hammer... have someone turn it while you smack it. - or just try a workshop!

But im pretty sure you will close the door, just with force. It happened on my GENONE, and it was painful to do, but once fixed its good. Also, you will find that a 88-91 Civic Door lock will suit. But once you get yours out, don't throw it out, as you may need some little bits to have the linkages hook up"

i_own_you
20-10-2004, 11:41 PM
hmm. had the same problem L-boogie. that black plastic crap was stuffed. my panel beater tried to smack it back then he kinda aimed the wrong thing so he stuffed it up more. but i got a new lock now so its all good.. :P

panda[cRx]
21-10-2004, 01:07 AM
how much was the lock? i'm guessing only a few bucks?

VTEChnique
21-10-2004, 11:44 AM
i think u shouldn't pay more than $25 off a wrecker...

this is something that all CRX and Civic owners will face sooner or later... check your latches once every few months, and if you notice cracks in the black plastic - be prepared to replace within a week.

:) have fun!

Mike

panda[cRx]
21-10-2004, 05:54 PM
all fixed, 40 bux and half and hour later

here is the offending latch which i think i might chuck in the fire to vent my frustration :D
wasnt a hard fix but a bit fidly and frustrating
http://crxaustralia.hondata.com.au/crx-forums/uploads/post-12-1098344547.jpg

ECU-MAN
21-10-2004, 08:28 PM
good stuff.

even though its too late to help, use an impact driver to undo thoes three screws.

panda[cRx]
22-10-2004, 05:08 AM
at first i only had screwdrivers to use but then my dad got back from work and used his 700 dolla cordless drill and came out in 2 secs lol :D

Type R Positive
22-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Next time you can't undo screws / nuts / bolts, try "Penetrine" It comes in a yellow bottle with a red lid and writing.

We use it at my minesite, works a treat on rusted together things, is a rustproofing agent, stops wood rot, a jack of all trades really. You should always have a bottle of this stuff in your garage.

Mr. Focus
22-10-2004, 12:54 PM
shit hey! might hafta check mine now. cheers for the heads-up!

panda[cRx]
23-10-2004, 03:27 AM
Next time you can't undo screws / nuts / bolts, try "Penetrine" It comes in a yellow bottle with a red lid and writing.

We use it at my minesite, works a treat on rusted together things, is a rustproofing agent, stops wood rot, a jack of all trades really. You should always have a bottle of this stuff in your garage.

it was just a lack of torque as didnt have an electric drill with me at first
came out in no time with the cordless, made me feel like a weak kant :p
and yeah penetrine is tha shiet! :D