PDA

View Full Version : I am stuck in the city! ClutchCable.......Help Needed

pete
20-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Hey guys,

I think my clutch cable is gon e/ going..I was driving down victoria rd to teh city when my clutch pedal gave out a big snappng noise liek cracking plastic.

I relised that the pedal was very light but not too light, and puttingteh car into gear was getting harder. I sometimes had to rev the car to get it into gear...as I got in and parked the car ...when I turned it off I tried turning it back on and putting i into gear - NO GO!!!!!!!!

I tried looking was was worng but hva eno idea what I am looking for......I think it might just need BIG adjusting as maybe somethign snapped that was holding teh cable...

WHERE DO I get a cable from if it is gone?

HONDA 1989 ED Hatch
1.5l Dual Carbie

panda[cRx]
20-10-2004, 12:39 PM
who cares fix my door!!!!!! :P
heheheh just go to bursons or something man

bennjamin
20-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Hi pete...ben here -

You can try to manually adjust the clutch cable ( if it still is connected!) via the actual cable to the gearbox - follow the line to the gearbox and u will see a small adjuster ( looks like the throttle cable tensioner) my GUESS is that this has loosened up ...

You need a person inside the cabin - slowly depressing the clutch , as you adjust the cable - to regrip the mechanisim...maybe this is what could get u home or to the mechanics in one piece - but take it EASY !

SIKCVC
20-10-2004, 01:30 PM
If you cant fix it, you can always put the car in first, start it up then clutchless shift into the next gears :P

Baopham
20-10-2004, 02:17 PM
haha i had the same problem with my car... cept it was a hydraulic clutch.. problem for me was that the piping had a hole in it and it the fluid had just leaked out.. =( i drove it to my mates mechanic by what SIKCVC did.. started in first with a bit of rev and stayed like that for 7klms.. haha

GaryD
20-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Id say you may have cracked a bracket on the firewall or up behind the pedal