PDA

View Full Version : US Honda Exec says NSX might not be dead

ShAwNeX
04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090203.006/us-honda-exec-says-nsx-might-not-be-dead

Never say never. Dick Colliver, executive VP for American Honda Motor Co., told the Automotive News, "development is mostly done" on the Acura NSX. He also said the project could be revived at any time.

Colliver was speaking out in an interview about the company's plans to wedge further in to the public mindset as a top luxury vehicle producer. Following a meeting with representatives for Acura's North American dealers, Colliver said, "Being a premium luxury brand is not just about product. It's the way dealers handle customers. You've got to earn your way into the segment. You don't necessarily have to have a $90,000 sedan to get there."

Dealers expressed concern following Honda CEO Takeo Fukui's end-of-the-year speech. In that speech Fukui announced the end to many niche market vehicles. Fukui said Honda's new direction would be to appeal more to the mass market with more environmentally-friendly vehicles showcasing the latest in technology.

The result of this new path was the death of the Honda NSX, sold as an Acura in the States. Several rear-wheel-drive Acura models, meant to better compete with BMW, were also killed off. Development on a new V8 engine was subsequently halted.

"Acura is still dedicated to moving the plan forward," said Valery Voyles. Voyles owns an Acura dealership, and runs the dealer advisory board. Other dealers expressed the same confidence in Honda's management of the luxury brand.

Bringing back the 550hp V10 Acura NSX might make those dealers, and many customers, a little happier.

WTFSIR
15-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Here is a link to the most recent Tokyo Autosalon 09

This is pictures of the NEW NSX RR Concept!

ENJOY!

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/tas-2009-mugen-nsx-rr/1289635/

Type R Positive
15-02-2009, 10:52 PM
So they just playing games....

RtN
21-02-2009, 09:08 AM
they should make stock k20 powered EK9s available to Australia with like coilovers and yeh... other stuff. lool be popular shit.

ludecrs
21-02-2009, 11:49 AM
No one would pay $60K for a Civic with a K20 and coilovers...

spastic
21-02-2009, 11:52 AM
lol honda fanboyz would.

gmonkey
04-03-2009, 08:00 PM
this could be a lot like the new 'supra' hybrid.. with 500hp or whatever it was.. aka broken dreams :(

Type R Positive
06-03-2009, 01:25 PM
this could be a lot like the new 'supra' hybrid.. with 500hp or whatever it was.. aka broken dreams :(
Lexus LF-A is the new Supra. No broken dreams there..... :thumbsup:

CKEY
20-03-2009, 03:21 AM
They bringing it back woohoo... Still haven't refined or "prettied it up"

Shame

CKEY
20-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Here is a link to the most recent Tokyo Autosalon 09

This is pictures of the NEW NSX RR Concept!

ENJOY!

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/tas-2009-mugen-nsx-rr/1289635/

This is nothing to do with Honda. Mugen are making these as "remember the good old days" collections... SO far it has no engine and ways a bloody lot.

GTRVspec95
24-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Work on an S2000 replacement or CRX until the market recovers then think about kicking the NSX back into life :thumbsup:

CKEY
26-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Nah dude people dont want the screaming 4potter... Dunno why not it's such a gorgeous car! Honda needs a performance 6

GTRVspec95
26-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Nah dude people dont want the screaming 4potter... Dunno why not it's such a gorgeous car! Honda needs a performance 6

With the way the recession is globally, Honda have decided to go more fuel efficient eco friendly cars.

I think there is more of a chance of Honda reviving some of it's more affordable 4 cyclinder projects; CRZ in particular to offer some sort of performance model then trying to push the NSX out during this poor economic times.

If they tried to push it out now one would think they'd lose money on production costs and sales would be sparse.

Type R Positive
29-03-2009, 06:27 PM
People want the screaming 4. Just price scares people off.

If S2K's were $50K they would out sell the MX5.
If they sold the FD2R here, they would fly off the showroom floors.

The FN2R is impractical and fkn ugly, although it is now available in CW.

F20C
30-03-2009, 09:03 PM
well hopefully they bring out the new s2000 that was romouring around to have roughly 300or so hp? definatly want one of them for my garage. the nsx would also be great but meh chances are so slim.. :(

preludacris
01-04-2009, 04:58 PM
fd2r would NOT fly off show room floors. i mean, i would probably by one, but it will not appeal to general aussie public. It has an even firmer ride than the fn2.

sad to say, aussies don't care about cars that corner well. just cars that go fast in a straight line.

Ek9BRO
05-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Lol i dun think ne1 here would have the money to buy that beast if it actually came out. it would be liek 150gz+ the Type R nsx atm cost liek about 100gz correct me if im wrong lols

I dun think we have Millionaires amongst us

F20C
05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
very true, but i also thought the same about the R35 GTR and i've seen 3 in melbourne just recently a black one and two white ones.

CKEY
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
People want the screaming 4. Just price scares people off.

If S2K's were $50K they would out sell the MX5.
If they sold the FD2R here, they would fly off the showroom floors.

The FN2R is impractical and fkn ugly, although it is now available in CW.

Nah, I don't think it would sell at all. I get the feeling people are sick of the predominantly FW drive cars from Honda, and they don't understand the quality of the cars. Offering this to people wouldn't sell at all. People would think why the hell do I want this Civic when I can get the other Civic for half it's price.

That's why the S2000 (especially the AP2) sold well (in some regards), because it was fresh, new, RW, and had no resemblance to the existing Honda line.

What we need in Australia are RW straight sixes or tight v6's - and then, and only then, can they lump extra money on for type R. It worked with Ford, it worked with Nissan, it worked with Mazda, it even works with the Euro's. The majority of the people that buy cars are idiots and don't understand the quality or fully understand what a Honda car is like, here at OZHonda, do.

It's a damn shame because it's leading one of the finest Japanese companies in the ground

*sad*

air23box
19-04-2009, 01:56 AM
It've been confirm that it is still in developing stage and they will not confirm anything to the public yet....but stay tune and more news will be up....

S2kane
19-04-2009, 10:12 PM
I was in Japan a few months ago talking to one of my colleagues from Honda Japan, He saw it being tested on the track at Suzuka.. Apparently it sounds like a F1 car. But that would have been a few months before they decided not to release it.. Even though It's pretty much finished.

BTW EK9BRO.. The NSX used to cost about 250,000 here for the auto and about 10k less for the manual.. ouch!

F20C
20-04-2009, 05:54 AM
i wouldnt think they would sell them for 200k+ im thinking more the 125k-175k range. Alot like the GTR.

Terry_GT-R34
20-04-2009, 05:05 PM
i wouldnt think they would sell them for 200k+ im thinking more the 125k-175k range. Alot like the GTR.

Even the Aus-spec R32 GT-R was relatively much more expensive than the R35

F20C
20-04-2009, 05:23 PM
why would the GTR only be worth 150,000 AUD? i'm going to say no one wants to buy a powerful car if their not affordable.. hence dropping the price from what some would of expected to be a $250,000+ dollar car to $150,000.. I could be wrong. Dont forget.. well from what i've noticed anyway.. honda isnt such a brand with powerful cars which will then even make it harder to sell.. Some guys who have come upto me asking what brand my car was.. and once i say its a Honda they say i never knew honda made such a nicelooking powerful car.. the same would go for the NSX.. so i guess marketting it for 200k and showing it in a few adds wont pull anyone in as no one thinks honda make power..

Terry_GT-R34
21-04-2009, 12:32 AM
^^^For an Aus spec R35 owner to keep his/her warranty, all services will need to be carried out. These services are horrendously expensive!

Some ppl originally were about to do the WISE thing and get the Spec II version that's landed here this month. It doesn't have 'launch control' but something very close (ie left foot on the brake > right foot on the gas > rev it to 3000 > lift the left foot > 0-100Km/Hr in 3.5 instead of 3.3).

But some have opted to go for the grey import > get a Spec I > forego the warranty > source the savvy mechanics here in Oz and SAVE A MOTZA ON SERVICES! Can't blame them really. They can strip 1st gear with vicious launches tho'

drsilliez
15-08-2009, 02:03 PM
wasnt sure if i needed to post a new thread or not... but Honda lowers NSX expectations ???

not to sure if its real or not...

apparently its gnna be competing against the 370z (instead of the r35 skyline what honda originaly said)..which i thnk its a smarter move by honda...hopefully it would be more practical as well cf to the 370 eg. 2+2...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/38204/report-honda-lowers-expectations-for-nsx/

Terry_GT-R34
15-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Would have preferred the S2000 to compete with the 370Z Dr Tony...
That's also RWD and it comes 'open-top' as does the 370Z.

Then the NSX (budget permitting) could use its F1 technology to be a true contender for the R35 GT-R/911 Turbo/Corvette ZR1.

I know...
My heart is leading my head lol !!!
Terry the Pharmacist hehe

aaronng
15-08-2009, 05:14 PM
wasnt sure if i needed to post a new thread or not... but Honda lowers NSX expectations ???

not to sure if its real or not...

apparently its gnna be competing against the 370z (instead of the r35 skyline what honda originaly said)..which i thnk its a smarter move by honda...hopefully it would be more practical as well cf to the 370 eg. 2+2...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/38204/report-honda-lowers-expectations-for-nsx/
That means they have to price the NSX at the same level as the 370z. If they pull that silly price stunt like with the old NSX, then it won't sell at all since it will be above the price of its competitors.

preludacris
16-08-2009, 05:08 PM
agreed, they shouldn't waste the nsx name competing against the 370. that should be saved for the s2000.

if nsx is being downgraded, at least keep it at a minimum of 8 cylinders. and it can destroy the likes of m3's, and amg cl63's....

jords
16-08-2009, 05:55 PM
agreed, they shouldn't waste the nsx name competing against the 370. that should be saved for the s2000.

if nsx is being downgraded, at least keep it at a minimum of 8 cylinders. and it can destroy the likes of m3's, and amg cl63's....

very hard to compare the NSX with an M3 and AMG63. They are both head snapping quick cars standard from the factory.

F20C
17-08-2009, 06:30 PM
very hard to compare the NSX with an M3 and AMG63. They are both head snapping quick cars standard from the factory.

stock nsx vs stock m3 the nsx pulls up the winner. seen it for my own eyes and on videos. maybe not against the e96 but anything below that they beat them.

preludacris
20-08-2009, 01:31 AM
what are you on mate, the old NSX 6 cyl does a high 12 to 13 flat quarter, which is comparable to the e92 m3 v8. it already destroys the e46 m3, and matches the e92 in straight line speed. corners? get out of here.

chuck another 2 cylinders and even the cl63 straight line would be a breeze.

F20C
20-08-2009, 03:12 PM
wow never knew they would compare to the e92 :| what kind of nsx are we talking? NSX-T? NSX-R? or just a factory NSX lol..

midnightdood
21-08-2009, 12:35 AM
This is not the best...

Honda lowers NSX expectations ???