PDA

View Full Version : just put on an intake

bblt
06-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone, i just put a SRI on my ep3 this morning. I noticed that when i gun it and when it hits vtec it tends to pull to a side a lil. I noticed a definate increase in power? Just wondering if this was possible with just an intake or is it just my imagination. Stock intake felt really restrictive towards the higher revs.

Any information is great

Cheers

JOhnnyFD
06-02-2009, 12:29 PM
wheel alignment??

simonnowis
06-02-2009, 12:29 PM
pull to the side as in your car swerving to the side?? sounds like you need a wheel alignment.

Tai
06-02-2009, 12:31 PM
flat tyre?

.k.
06-02-2009, 12:31 PM
vtec just kicked in yo and too hard to steer? jokes ^_^ wheel alignment me thinks

bblt
06-02-2009, 12:38 PM
nah before when vtec use to kick in it went straight.. before i got it registered last week, the owner put on four new tyres for me including a wheel alignment..

denrie
06-02-2009, 02:46 PM
u sure its not just torque steer? yeah i got an SRI in mine aswell and the stock intake is very restrictive...

JasonGilholme
06-02-2009, 02:58 PM
sounds like torque steer to me. most honda drivers won't know what that is. haha.

I didn't get any in my car until i severley lightened it and did I/H/E.

You're alignment will be fine unless you're pulling to the left all the time. If its only happening on heavy accelleration its torque steer.

SuperSteve
06-02-2009, 03:11 PM
yeah do it again and try and hold the steering wheel dead straight. Also what tyres are on the car now ?? i recently got bridgestone adrenalins and find they are a really aggressive tyre n if im not concentrating alot and i hit a bump on the road it starts to pull to a side or even follows truck groves on the road. But thats all good now ive gotton use to it.

Also with ep3 always drive with 2 hands on steering wheel. When i first got the car i was driving around with one hand and almost got into trouble a couple of times especially when vtec'ing. Car seems to have abit of torque steer.

bblt
06-02-2009, 03:43 PM
sounds like torque steer to me. most honda drivers won't know what that is. haha.

I didn't get any in my car until i severley lightened it and did I/H/E.

You're alignment will be fine unless you're pulling to the left all the time. If its only happening on heavy accelleration its torque steer.

yups i think it might be torque steer lolz.. maybe i was getting a lil excited by my first mod on my ep3.. =)

bblt
06-02-2009, 03:44 PM
yeah do it again and try and hold the steering wheel dead straight. Also what tyres are on the car now ?? i recently got bridgestone adrenalins and find they are a really aggressive tyre n if im not concentrating alot and i hit a bump on the road it starts to pull to a side or even follows truck groves on the road. But thats all good now ive gotton use to it.

Ive got some potenza tyres on them, i think im not use to the steering atm, it feels a lil different from my other hondas i use to own..

yups when i hit bumps it sorta goes to the side as well..

bblt
06-02-2009, 03:45 PM
u sure its not just torque steer? yeah i got an SRI in mine aswell and the stock intake is very restrictive...

did u notice a difference after u put a SRI on it?

denrie
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I noticed the torque steer ever since I got the car & yes there was a big difference with the SRI. The car was way more responsive and quicker.

Nepolian
06-02-2009, 04:32 PM
When EP3 and DC5's are lowered their steering goes abit out of whack too. Inverted tie rods and an alignment does wonders :)