PDA

View Full Version : Strut Braces!

Jai-VTi
20-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey Guyz, Im looking at purchasing a Whiteline front strut brace for my EG Civic hatch.
Just wondering if its a mod worth doing?
What sort of handling increase can i expect?(car is currently lowered on 2" King Springs & i think it has aftermarket shocks)
How much are these brand new?

Thanks for any help!

Jaiza

jackosimm
20-10-2004, 08:53 PM
yeh it is an improvement to the handling, quiet reasonable ive found one some cars, a trader selling one at the moment
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10151&highlight=strut+braces

Jai-VTi
20-10-2004, 09:22 PM
wasnt quite looking that upmarket1 :o

Terry
20-10-2004, 09:48 PM
shocks, springs, strut bar, sway bar........u wont go wrong with these kind of mods.......if u got all that, u will be the fastest car in the round about! :D

aznsiko
20-10-2004, 10:16 PM
shocks, springs, strut bar, sway bar........u wont go wrong with these kind of mods.......if u got all that, u will be the fastest car in the round about! :D

lol true dat.. umm.. u can purchase stru braces from like.. auto joy.. xracing.. car mate etc.. but dats if ur in sydney.. and yeah u do notice the car handles alot better.. u will find that the car doesnt tilt as much wen u turn.. cos the strut levels out the struts.. and keeps them even..

PhatSol
20-10-2004, 11:29 PM
*bennjamin edit* Keep the replies on topic and answering our questions !!!

Astro
21-10-2004, 08:59 AM
i have whiteline front and rear strut braces and it does improve handling for sore...remember that it will also make your car more stiff and u can feel the bumps more aswell...

great investment if your after handling. ;)

egSi
21-10-2004, 09:08 AM
hey jai::::::::::::::::::::::::::

look here man:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10245

Muckafutha
21-10-2004, 12:28 PM
i tink dun go for front unless u getting the rear as well
but its just my opinion cos i tink front drivers tend to understeer and a stiffer front might make it worse. a stiffer rear on the other hand may correct the understeering and give it a more neutral feel.

anyone correct me?

bennjamin
21-10-2004, 01:03 PM
a frotn strut brace - will stiffent up the chassis and let the frotn suspension work more dependant of each side - but it will tend to make the front understeer more. A front "chassis brace" jsut stiffens up the body alittle bit more.
Front is more for show methinks...IF i was you - i would get a rear brace and rear swaybar upgrade for a good enhancement in handling.

21-10-2004, 04:23 PM
ive been thinking about gettin a sway bar for the rear for some time.. was wondering if a rear strut bar is also needed? (cause i got subs at the back) or is just gettin a rear sway bar ok?..

Jai-VTi
21-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Thanks for all the help guys!

Are they hard to install?

egSi
21-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all the help guys!

Are they hard to install?

man they r easy, like 30min diy! :D

Lukezen27
09-04-2005, 05:53 PM
ive been thinking about gettin a sway bar for the rear for some time.. was wondering if a rear strut bar is also needed? (cause i got subs at the back) or is just gettin a rear sway bar ok?..

Bump on the above question coze I don't wan't'a lose space

garett
09-04-2005, 10:02 PM
its way easy to do mate, as simple as un-doing the bolts at the tops of the towers and sitting the brace in place and putting the nuts back on the tops of the bolts

Lukezen27
09-04-2005, 10:56 PM
The question I bumped on was not how it install but!!!
If you need both upper and lower rear sway bar?
Or will the lower be enough
I was only going lower coze I use my hatch space alot
Thx Luke

bennjamin
10-04-2005, 12:29 AM
The question I bumped on was not how it install but!!!
If you need both upper and lower rear sway bar?
Or will the lower be enough
I was only going lower coze I use my hatch space alot
Thx Luke

guys, for the most noticeable change in handling (IE GOOD)
get a larger diameter rear swaybar. This alone, compared to ANY suspension upgrade will change your cars handling :)

Limbo
10-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Have to agree, the larger rear allows you to go in an out of corners with much better prediction(had one on the last car). With the front being stiffer, i have noticed that my car actually seems to understeer going into the conrner but oversteer coming out??? Anyway ive got a rear one coming in so i'll let you know how it goes!

Lukezen27
10-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Sweet

thx guys the was the answer i was looking for :thumbsup:

alphabeatsco
10-04-2005, 11:12 PM
i was thinking putting upper front & rear strut braces, and Lower front and rear tie....

so wat brand strut braces is good!?

does those thigs on ebay actually work!? or a waste of time..i dun want any predictions..saing they suck cos they are cheap.
but does anyone actaully have any experience???

replaced
11-04-2005, 04:07 PM
get a larger diameter rear swaybar. This alone, compared to ANY suspension upgrade will change your cars handling :)

So are you saying it would be more better to upgrade the back before the front?

bennjamin
11-04-2005, 05:43 PM
So are you saying it would be more better to upgrade the back before the front?

Yup :)

EK Civic R
12-04-2005, 10:53 PM

Yea getting a thicker sway bar is probably a btter way to go then a strut brace....
but don't get one thats to thick...
otherwise you will eventually have problems..

Nodachi
12-04-2005, 11:36 PM
SO not too thick...not too thin..wats a good size den?

Kandy
12-04-2005, 11:54 PM
what is a tie bar then? Bah, the confusion...

Lukezen27
14-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Yea getting a thicker sway bar is probably a btter way to go then a strut brace....
but don't get one thats to thick...
otherwise you will eventually have problems..

Bump on !!!!!!!!!!!!

what's the best thicknessssssss.......

Thx Luke

Limbo
14-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Tie bar is for the bottom part of the car.
i heard the 18mm whiteline is a goiod size. The ITR uses a 22mm but its hollow

Kandy
14-04-2005, 11:56 PM
rear tie bar, sway bar and strut are different? are there front tie bar, sway bar and strut bars too? omg! I'm sooo confused.
in what order is it best to get them?

KB
15-04-2005, 12:15 AM
All at once! :P

Front / Rear Lower Tie Bar
Front / Rear Top Strut Bar
Front / Rear Sway Bar
Front Chassis Brace

Heheheh 7 Bars. I hope you have money! :P