PDA

View Full Version : Integra VS Other Cars

tom
10-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey all,

Just wondering from your personal experiences of driving these beauties, what types of cars on the road can you easily 'beat' at the lights/track/drag strip? :evil:

I am considerng 97+ Integra Vti-R and would like to know your experiences of the 'teg's performance relative to other cars on the road - most significantly the commos/sklines etc.

:?:

XXpl0Sive
10-11-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm not too sure about commondores but with Skylines, you may stand a chance against a stock one if you can drive better than the other person, however, 9/10 Skylines are modded, so... :lol: But i think you are comparing cars in the wrong league here, you're putting a 4 cylinder against straight (turbo) 6's...you can do the math :)

You'll be able to beat most 4-cylinder economy cars such as lancers, civics, festivas, corollas, celicas etc.

joneblaze
10-11-2003, 05:57 PM
hi tom,

welcome to OH forums. post up in the Intro section and tell us bout urself.

if ur looking at getting urself a teg vtir, i think u'll find its a great drive. u should be pretty comfortable on the road/lights against most 4cyl type cars and some larger cars even..... u'll decimate any lancers,civics,protons, etc etc...
jus wait till the more technical boys log on and they'll give u a more detailed run down.

jon

tom
10-11-2003, 06:25 PM
But i think you car comparing cars in the wrong league here, you're putting a 4 banger against straight (turbo) 6's...you can do the math :)

yeah I know, bit stupid to compare with these cars, but I was hoping either (a) Vtec make up for some of the difference (b) light weight teg

thanks for your replies, love to hear more input :D

edit: i think u'll find its a great drive I agree, Integra seems the package to me, been a passenger in my friends, handles great.
Just wanted to know about its power- relative to other cars.

thanks for the welcome jon

kiddoDC2
10-11-2003, 07:36 PM
i'd say vtir tegs are fun to drive and handle reasonably well
but yeah if you can afford it go type r, all the interior trim is nice plus the extra omph doenst hurt either

i love my teg but i rekcen it could do with alittle more power

Tofu
10-11-2003, 10:10 PM
the vti-r is good...but the Type R is even better
you can get a dc2r for around $25k

Dream`R
10-11-2003, 10:11 PM
A stock vti-r vs a GTS-T. The teg will get chopped (all else being equal ie driver, launch). Now a Type R will stand a chance but ur not asking about the R.

I think Vti-R's competitors (bsides the fully sik Evo Coupes :lol: ) would be non-turbo skyline/silvia, FTO, celica, and some older v6's (haven't raced a VX or newer yet).

fried
10-11-2003, 10:28 PM
ditto dreamR

i got the vtir.... its great...

appearently u can keep up with a non turbo gts... but i havent heard proven stuff..... get catback and CAI and u'l slam an s13 turbo.

EDIT<---- PROVEN kekeke On freeway dropping second, wanst off lights mind you.

but yeah... imean, thats like waht.... once in a while.... 6 days out seven u prolly wont even use vtec...

wynode
10-11-2003, 10:35 PM
appearently u can keep up with a non turbo gts...

I can keep up with a non turbo 2.0L R32 GTS in my lil civic.

So i'd say a vti-r teg could keep up with/beat a 2.5L GTS.

Basically, a vti-r teg should beat any sub 2.5L non-turbo car in its powerband. Also you should be able to beat most of the old Commodores and Falcons (the auto ones anyway)

fried
10-11-2003, 10:43 PM
AHAHAHAHAHHAA

sorry, off topic wyn..... but ur signature is funniest thign ever man!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

dc2r
11-11-2003, 12:25 AM
I reckon any Integra is a good Integra (considering you don't overly do it up to look "fooly" sick) :lol: But the vti-r is a quick little thing and you should have no problems at all with any Holden Commonwhore V6's. As with Skylines, well if you read my other thread, in track/drag racing, then you will read that I kept up with a gts-t 33 in my ITR, so unless you work your vti-r, then you might be pushing it. But it can still be done if you really put your mind to it :D

dcii_sir
11-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Hey dude.. I've had a 1994 integra vtir before.. I'll list all the mods before I state what cars I can beat...

Heres a list of stuff that makes a difference..
16 inch rims (with some dodgy tyres)
safc + itc (tuned)

Heres a list of stuff that may make a difference but I doubt it

Heres a list of cars that I have personally destroyed on drags/lights
Ford Cougar
Nissan Silvia CA18DET (i think it has exhaust and filter, not sure about
other mods)
Stock Integra VTIR

Heres a list of cars that are kinda at par
180sx with CA18DET running 14psi (from 100 - 200km/h)
R33 GTS (after i removed ITC & SAFC)

Basically, an integra vtir should beat most NA cars on the road along with some other turbo cars. The only NA cars that you probaly cant beat are type Rs, S2000s, some holdens, fords etc etc.. the list goes on.. but overall, its a very nice car to drive.. :)

one more chance
11-11-2003, 10:52 AM
you cant go wrong with a vtir teg. SSS, Corolla SX/GTi, New celicas, S13 Q, FTO, NA R33, civic VTi just to name a few are all easy beats. a stock vtir will never beat a stock R33 GTST but will definitely keep up!! Also, can never seems to beat NA Supras......

Phorte
11-11-2003, 12:13 PM
hmm i held up pretty well against a R33 GTS-T the other week.. heard him spooling up.. think his car was pretty riced up though.. big body kit, big rims.. so probably was weighed down a lot..

we both had a rolling start.. around 30km/h in 2nd.. redlined 2nd, redlined 3rd. at first he got ahead through my 2nd gear by one car length but after that, i stayed constant with him (car length behind) all the way till we both stopped. think he was suprised that i kept up in my vtir..

poweredbyhonda
11-11-2003, 01:43 PM
When my car was stock with a muffler and cold air intake, I could beat a standard R33 GTS-t, I beat my mates Ford 351.

XXpl0Sive
11-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Ask any racer, any real racer, it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning.
The Fast And The Furious

Sorry, I couldn't help myself 8)

Phorte
11-11-2003, 02:01 PM
LOL

wise words from the bible hahahha

Dream`R
11-11-2003, 03:20 PM
It seems there are 2 opinions about the new celica's. I heard that although they got same power as the ITR they are no match.
However OneMoreChance said they were easy beats against a Vtir....hmmmm....I find this statement interesting.
125kw vs 141kw
Vtec vs VVTI-L

What do u guys think? Anyone ever raced one of these?

XXpl0Sive
11-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Thats one thing I don't understand why people say the Celica's are no good. What is wrong with the 1.8 with vvti-l?

I've never driven the older bug -eyed version, but I have driven a camry with the same 2.2 96kw engine - and it is very sluggish, couldn't imagine that in a "sports" coupe.

one more chance
11-11-2003, 03:53 PM
It seems there are 2 opinions about the new celica's. I heard that although they got same power as the ITR they are no match.
However OneMoreChance said they were easy beats against a Vtir....hmmmm....I find this statement interesting.
125kw vs 141kw
Vtec vs VVTI-L

What do u guys think? Anyone ever raced one of these?

i kidd you not! In my opinion, the VVTi-L technology of Toyota can't even hold a candle up to that of Hondas VTEC! I have driven both the new Celica and a Mitsubishi Cyborg R Gen2 (Mirage with 4G92 mivec engine) and i was very disappointed in both, especially having high expectations of both cars! The mivec does rev nicely, but as for 132kw? I doubt so!
The Celica just seems gutless to me, the VVTi-L kicks in very smoothly, and power below this is very ordinary. I have lined-up against 2 new celicas and I have won in both occasions, although i did not "kill" them, a win is a win nonetheless!

dcii_sir
11-11-2003, 06:14 PM
I've dragged the new celica. Its got an exhaust, filter, and 17 inch rims. I was the same as him although my car had a lot more mods though..

ag3nt R
11-11-2003, 07:13 PM
look brfore i start. i chop him

his turbo was screaming but nothing beats the sound of vtec and
this guy bucked out so yeah.

i want to know is the dc2 quicher than the dc5

Ironfist
11-11-2003, 08:13 PM
my car's stock

you can also add to the list VU ? i think that's the model..
the newish utes with the V6 engine... storm model (friends car beat him twice with a passenger and a heavy subbox in my car)

mx6
lancers
tx5 turbo's
etc

i really think it depends on the skylines/drivers cos there was one r32gtst and it was crap.. same goes with this r33
usually turbo cars you can give them a run for their money..

half a nose infront... but i still won.. the current model prelude vtirs

A'PEXi
11-11-2003, 10:58 PM
what do you drive btw one more chance?.... mate has a vvti celica, chops most commonwhores like most cars do? hahahha... haven't seen it up against a itr.

[/quote]

totti
12-11-2003, 07:19 PM
add a supercharged mr2 (4agze) to the list (in my vtir)
killed a 2000 volvo s40 turbo by about 4 car lengths
heaps of sss's

one more chance
12-11-2003, 09:02 PM
what do you drive btw one more chance?.... mate has a vvti celica, chops most commonwhores like most cars do? hahahha... haven't seen it up against a itr.

[/quote]

DC2 VTi-R. Most people i ahve spoken to about the new celica say there are slow. They do 0-400 in 16s!

fried
15-11-2003, 01:17 PM
i need to say one very important thing....

actually, i'll quote, though i might get it wrong...

....*its not how you stand by ur car, its how u drive it*.....

ive got a dc2vtir, but i can still lose to a weighed down gsi, why? because im a beginner manual driver, because im not a good driver by any means.

so i think you have to remember that cars that are only about 20kw from factory difference, can go either way depending on the driver.

that said, im confused about the whole VTEC, and vvtil stuff etc. isnt the point of vtec to give more power in higher revs? well iw as discussing that the vvti in corollas and celicas, kicks in at around 3k and then again at about 6k or something, due to low comp, and hi comp?

i wanna find out REALLY how vtirs compare to the new sharp angled celicas.

ginganggooly
15-11-2003, 02:08 PM
to put it simply, vtec is there to give a good distribution of torque (power) throughout the entire rev range i.e. to flatten out the torque curve.

you could make a NA 1.8l motor with no form of variable valve timing or lift to make every bit as high a peak power as the b18cR. the problem is that it wouldn't idle properly, it'd be a dog to drive off cam, have lousy fuel consumption... the list goes on.

ginganggooly
15-11-2003, 02:09 PM
i'm a bit of a novice driver, and i still manage to beat 2zz celicas... so i don't think they're at all quick.

the auto versions are laughable.

XXpl0Sive
15-11-2003, 02:23 PM
VTEC (which stands for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) is an electronic and mechanical system in some Honda engines that allows the engine to effectively have multiple camshafts. As the engine moves into different rpm ranges, the engine's computer can activate alternate lobes on the camshaft and change the cam's timing. In this way, the engine gets the best features of low-speed and high-speed camshafts in the same engine.

http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/vtecflowchart.gif
http://www.leecao.com/honda/index.html

joneblaze
15-11-2003, 03:45 PM
i'm a bit of a novice driver, and i still manage to beat 2zz celicas... so i don't think they're at all quick.

the auto versions are laughable.

if UR a "novice" driver wtf does that make me..........? :oops:

(go the GSi :P)

booget
15-11-2003, 05:37 PM
shiet where can i start!!!
i've beaten so many cars n then again ive lost to alot as well
hehehe

a gota dc2 vtir

drive makes big diff 2

ive seen a good driver n a crap driver in the same car
its a big diff
gear change makes or breaks a drag i recks

luzinit
15-11-2003, 06:24 PM
shiet where can i start!!!
i've beaten so many cars n then again ive lost to alot as well
hehehe

a gota dc2 vtir

drive makes big diff 2

ive seen a good driver n a crap driver in the same car
its a big diff
gear change makes or breaks a drag i recks

well wat u waitin for son!! tell us wot u've beaten n lost too ahha

ginganggooly
15-11-2003, 06:34 PM
he lost to a stock, grey vti-r :lol:

fried
15-11-2003, 08:23 PM
"novice driver" ?!?!?!?!

"stock" ?!?!!?!?!?

someones fibbing.... :roll:

AHAHAH welcome back mate!

booget
17-11-2003, 12:42 PM
yeh i was beaten by a stock grey vtir and a novice driver
hehhehe

blardy carnt
mines stock to thou
im just really shiet driver

beat: daihatsu charade, starlet, echo, mirage and excel
lost: everything else
heheh

mo
17-11-2003, 01:19 PM
hahah son you are soo modest mate :wink: :lol:

luzinit
17-11-2003, 02:14 PM
hahaahahaahha i reckon!! was thinking hes gonan say "yeh i beat a turbo s13, r33 rararara" but being the modest guy he is, just sez lancers excels n stuff. LOL :lol:

booget
17-11-2003, 03:39 PM
ehhe i 4got i beat a dude on a skateboard
and a chick on a push bike
damn she gave me a run 4 me money
hahahah

ginganggooly
17-11-2003, 07:59 PM
i've lost to an excel, a v6 commodore of some sort, a manual v6 camry (when stock).

couldn't keep up to an old, beat up ae86 through the old road once. thats more of a testament to my shitty driving than anything else though ;)

booget
17-11-2003, 08:50 PM
hehe this is wen u had ur corolla ey slim

man ur so slow i think ur headers were glowing red
and ur brakes
mate stop using shitty pads

thats y it smokes up on ya
hahahahha

BlakTegra
09-12-2003, 03:02 PM
What about between two stock cars: DC2 Integra Vtir Vs. 2.0L Calibra?

mo
09-12-2003, 03:04 PM
dc2 vti-r easily

Spunkymonkey
09-12-2003, 05:12 PM
What about between two stock cars: DC2 Integra Vtir Vs. 2.0L Calibra?

I've beaten a calibra before. I was also neck and neck with a s14, but I don't know if it was modded or not.

Haven't had a decent run with the current celica, however did have a short squirt once and I was ahead after 1st by a third of a car length and we were neck and neck half way through 2nd before I turned off.

Beat a Saab 9 - 3 convertible the other day, but don't know which variant it was.

Also kept up with stock s15 up to 2nd gear before I backed up...with me 3/4 car length behind. (we were only teasing and not really gunning though)

Spunkymonkey
09-12-2003, 05:22 PM
thats more of a testament to my shitty driving than anything else though ;)

whatever you reckon mike. You know the old road like the back of your hand.

A'PEXi
09-12-2003, 05:29 PM
stock calibras shouldn't be a problem for the vtir teg... haven't seen the teg go up against the boosted version tho :P

Boost
10-12-2003, 09:09 AM
i am very surprised that there are others out there with vtiR that can keep up with gts-t's. I run a gts-t with my girlfriend as a passenger and i managed to stay with it until 2nd gear then he slowly got ahead, around 1 car length like Phorte said, then we had to stop. Did you have a passenger Phorte? Cause the skyline didnt and i was really surprised that i managed to stick to him like i did.
My vti-R mods:
sitting on standard shocks with kmacs 2" allround
2 1/4" ss cat back
brass button clutch (this thing bites harder than bull ants in ones pants)
standard panel filter with stanard piping removed and a replacement pipe directing the air from the front grill opening straight to the air box.
I have treid k&N pods and various set up with air filters and i have found this one to be the best one. You can notice a slight difference.

NISSANisWEREitsATbro!
18-04-2005, 02:48 PM
i raced a vtir dc2 and smashed it like a truck hittin a dog crossin the road

justinfox
18-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Great first post mate! Love ya work! Clap clap clap.

lerroy
18-04-2005, 03:02 PM

hahahahahhhh to funny first post
FLAME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>away

NISSANisWEREitsATbro!
18-04-2005, 03:24 PM
hahahaha man i reckon ay nah man i respect the good ol hondas... just i love the sr20s they are just quick mine is stock aswell i can tell ya to i live in nowra and it is a v8 town and they dont like gettin munched up by 4s!!! im just havin a bit of a crack up... if i wanted to cause some serious shit id sign up to a commo forum ay haha...

Javed
18-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Serriously why join a Honda forum if all your narrow mind can inpout is Nissan, Nismo, GTR, Skyline, Silvia or "fooly sick". I am a current Honda driver/fan changing to an s14a Nissan. The problem is people like you, are making me hesitant in my decision. I adore all forms of Japanese sports cars. What Honda does with NA small capacity engines is worthy of ultimate credit. After all, with the new emission laws every Japanese manufacturer will be forced into making small capacity na engines to meet the stringent rules, and guess who will be top dog ;)

Hondavirgin
18-04-2005, 03:41 PM
I managed to run neck and neck with a new XR6 non-turbo when i was stock (like 180kw i think from them or something?).

Also, from what i've read, the problem with the new Celica's isn't the engine, thats sposed to be fine, its the gearing that Toyota have matched to the engine. Every review i've ever read goes on about how you can't keep it in the power band coz every upshift drops you out of it. That'd explain why we can beat them in our VTiR's.

Javed
18-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Yep it is supposedly very hard to keep them revving up in the vvti powerband!

NISSANisWEREitsATbro!
18-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Serriously why join a Honda forum if all your narrow mind can inpout is Nissan, Nismo, GTR, Skyline, Silvia or "fooly sick". I am a current Honda driver/fan changing to an s14a Nissan. The problem is people like you, are making me hesitant in my decision. I adore all forms of Japanese sports cars. What Honda does with NA small capacity engines is worthy of ultimate credit. After all, with the new emission laws every Japanese manufacturer will be forced into making small capacity na engines to meet the stringent rules, and guess who will be top dog ;)

sorry to cause u any dramas i was gunna buy a teggy but i had no where near enough money like i had 12grand and i wanted a bit of power and this silvia come up with sr20det t28 cat back xorst coilovers strut braces 17'' wheels so i am very happy with what i got and i know you will be happy with a 14a as they are one of nicest cars around. dont let me change ur mind man i havent bagged anyone out i also have a daewoo lanos the 1.6 with dohc and it goes really good for what it has so all cars are ment for a purpose and honda produce amazin power from n/a! but once ya start boostin its hard to go back :D

egSi
18-04-2005, 04:11 PM
dam those trolls lol

itr025
18-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Nah the Celica engine really lacks torque off cam - that's a major part of the problem. I hear the 1st generation DOHC VTEC engines were kinda like that.

Speeder
18-04-2005, 06:30 PM
I managed to run neck and neck with a new XR6 non-turbo when i was stock (like 180kw i think from them or something?).

Yeah, they have the same engine as the rest of the 6's in Falcon models, just with a bodykit etc, so they might even be a little slower compared to the normal XT models. Vti-r should definetely be close.

My friend use to have the current model celica, but never had a chance to run it, since he traded it in. Although they are not that slower then a dc2r, from what I have seen, although driver capabilities were not so fare....

z3lda
18-04-2005, 09:15 PM
tats fkn gangster shit....dig up a 1 and a half year old thread !

bennjamin
18-04-2005, 09:27 PM
guys.....old thread. Times have changed ! NO talk at all of any on street "racing".

^^v
18-04-2005, 09:37 PM
beat them in our VTiR's.

my dad has a mkII falcon (work car)... when he first brought it home.. im like.. "oh.. damn" *dissapointment*..
took it for a drive... n wuz suprised as anything... they pull like a fkn train!

i also have a daewoo lanos the 1.6 with dohc and it goes really good for what it has

lolz lanos...
they have e-tec yO! (no joke)

NISSANisWEREitsATbro!
19-04-2005, 12:07 AM
yes they do have etec and what the hell is it man?

z3lda
19-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Electric-Technomatic Electrified Car

^^v
19-04-2005, 09:08 PM
lolz its "E-TEC".. well thats how its written anyway...

Engine - Technology :P

ahahah seroiusly im not sure ...
anyone out there know? 0_o

fly_vti
19-04-2005, 09:30 PM
list of the cars i have ripped up at the lights. but my motor has the b18c1 gsr block with type r pistons,head,cams & valves,throttle boddy and all the others ect. basically its a type r with a b18c1 block (bigger displacement). my car is stock on the outside type r outside and no soundsytem.

i have beaten a nissan skyline r32. from 0-110 after he climbed away.
skyline r33 had me on 1st seconde i passed him only by just.
bmw convertible lol
nissan sss n14 was munched.
honda civic sohc vti lol yes i know im slack.
mitsubishi lancer.. i had to show him what a real car was like. dumb lancers.
civic coupe vti-r.... they go f**n hard for a 1.6 but i still one.
prelude vti-r (riced)
toyota supra non turbo

honda s2000.. plates ony0u or something. we were neck and neck. he couldnt beat me i couldnt beat him. i didnt quite get that one. he even said it was the import 2.2l he should have one.

i got demolished by the following..

SKYLINE R32 GTR LOL!
nissan 200sx s14.. the second time hurt the most. the blow off valve was in my nightmares.
r33 gtst. was modded.
180SX

there all nissans lol

Chi
19-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Your car is a freaking milkshake fly_vti

ITs not a normal teggy lol, doesnt count !

Integra
19-04-2005, 09:59 PM
From my experience!
my cars got I/E/H and h/d clutch..

beat off the lights..
-All lancers beside evo's
-Toyota paseo
-Toyota Corolla spotivo
-Toyota Celica SX (haven't ran new ones yet)
-nissan 180sx CA18 turbo (stock)
-nissan s13 silvia turbo (stock)
-nissan skyline r32gts-t
-holden VL non turbo
-holden VN comm v6
-honda prelude SI

Cars i kept up with:
-R32 gtr (it was old, and had heaps of black smoke coming from exhuast)
-r33 gtst
-honda s2000 kept up till 3rd gear, it kept pulling away!

thats all i could remember off my head..
vti-r's they have alot of balls for a 1.8 lt..

^^v
19-04-2005, 10:00 PM
sorry again to go completely off topic..

but i found out what 'E-TEC' was in the daewoo engines.. (lmaoz)

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35&highlight=etec

BOOSTD
19-04-2005, 10:31 PM
hmmm i dunno i own a 94 integra gsi with light mods and ive given most commos and skyline turbos a run for their money...dunno tho they might hav just been bad drivers lol....o well it made me look good hahaha. but i actually beat a vl non turbo in my dads stock crv once. But its not all about the power your car has. The main focus should be the launch and your shift points/speed. a standard integra gsi can put any stock sss pulsar to shame too. lol just buy 1 and go out there and experiment man, you'll be surprised

57UDD
19-04-2005, 10:42 PM
I had a teg vtir. these are some of the cars i've went up against:
Lancers - Killed it
SSS new and old - killed it
Lude vtir - good battle got him in 2nd
s14 - kept up and got him in the end
s13 - some i've killed, others same story
180sx - killed it, ca18 i'm sure it was but had crazy bov and fat intercooler
r33 - gave it a good run
celica - killed it
rx7 series 1/2 - killed it, the rotor was apparently fully modded by mazfix
wrx wagon - kept up but got beaten in the end

best one i've had was a six way race. twin turbo supra, sr20 180sx, gtst r33 skyline, gtr r32, dc5r and my teg vtir. dunno wat happened i gave it my best and came 3rd, i was so suprised.

57UDD
19-04-2005, 10:46 PM
a standard integra gsi can put any stock sss pulsar to shame too.

i'd have to disagree with you there man. you reckon a stock sss will get beaten by a gsi, i find that bard to believe. SSS have good sr20de engines man, compared to b18 gsi. driven my friends n14 SSS and wen you put the foot down, it feels as though the car wants to really go at it. and i've beaten many tegz in that stock SSS.

**Ghost**
19-04-2005, 10:58 PM
I dont think that anyone has mentioned that in NA vs NA scenarios anything can happen cos its HIGHLY driver vs driver in these conditions... put it this way... (my guestimates only)

a modestly modded ITR with I/H/E and ECU would prolly pull 0-100 in mebbe 7.5
a stock civic VTIR does 0-100 in around a flat 8
a Mazda 3 (NON SP23) does 0-100 in around 9.5

Compare the 3 cars...

1st thing to note: we are not on a drag strip on the streets where every millisecond counts

2nd thing to note: normal ppl go to a respectably 100kmph ish speed and stop, and
thus have no chance to check out the "top end"

COnclusion: NA v NA scenarios, especially 0-100 runs, a slight mistake, a slower shift, a lazy left leg, a maniac next to u who is willing to dump the clutch at 5000rpms and flat shift could result in u being beaten for NO MECHANICAL reason...

Illustrative Story for Note 1 and 2 (about the 0-100 limit): My EK4 can run with teg VTIRs until end of 2nd gear...3rd gear the other guy starts pulling away... but by then ur going to stop gunnign it anyway...

Illustrative Story for Conclusion: My mate, who is no bad driver...drives a DC2R with i/h/e (0-100 in 7 seconds FLAT, 140KW+ remember?) was revved by some guy driving Mazda SP23 at the lights...they gun it... now normally, on paper, my mate would NOT have lost... but the maniac dumped his clutch on perhaps 5000RPM plus (guess from the noise and screeching) and prolly flat shifted...my mate on the other hand didnt do that...result was getting kept up with by a 120kw car...not modded

So there u go

ONE THING TO NOTE THO: THE ABOVE ONLY APPLIES TO NA vs NA... with TURBO vs NA or TURBO vs TURBO... the margin of error and power difference is apparent to the point that u can have bugs bunny driving it and he can win u by 2 car lengths...

itr025
20-04-2005, 09:52 AM
hmmm I believe dc2r is a 7sec car stock.. Well I'm pretty sure it can do at least under 7.5. With I/H/E and ECU I'd be hoping it could go under 6 or at least well under 7!

I also think most of the time is gained/lost on launch. Wheel weight and tyre grip play a big factor here. If you're running chrome 18's on a 1.8litre engine........ Then again if you get a proper launch with stock wheels and semis.......

After the launch you're relying on engine power. You would gain a bit from flat shifting, but I doubt it'd be a 'major' difference if the other guy was fast shifting. Could be wrong cause I've never tried it... never will (least with my car anyway :D).

deltaboy
20-04-2005, 09:58 AM
an integra can beat many cars if it were modded properly.

suprisingly not much wrexxys were beaten. LOL

jords
20-04-2005, 10:54 AM
In my ITR I have beaten or kept up with heaps of standard Wrx's (not STI's), I have never been left for dead. I think that the theory that 4WD turbo cars are quick off the mark is rubbish, especially with Turbo lag.

Most WRX Drivers are imbarrassed when they are beaten or cant pull away from an ITR.

itr025
20-04-2005, 11:03 AM
I hear it's quite hard to launch a WRX 'properly'. More often than not it'll bog down instead of chirping all 4 wheels.

JDM.Power
20-04-2005, 11:27 AM
what about a TEG ITR vs a Holden Astra turbo????
one of my mate has one they are prety quick car that gets around traffic..!!

type one
20-04-2005, 11:58 AM
I killed an astra turbo in my ITR.

The Vti-R is a great car, just lacks the guts... but it is about so much more than the guts...

how come no one compares build quality anymore?? A honda would eat a Nissan for breakfast, lunch and dinner in that category.

Or the distance an engine will last - dun hear of many turbo nissan engines going much further than 150K without a rebuild.

hmmm... who cares if u beat a cooper S, or Gts-T, don't you get bored?

djgarv
20-04-2005, 03:28 PM
damnnn straight type one....YEAH
haha my friend who used to be all honda is now going throw a wrx/nissan turbo phase....but even he admits nothing will ever be better in terms of reliability/build quality.

anyone can run fast with steroids (turbo). it's how well you perform with just your average weetbix that really counts in my opinion

my vtir is pretty much all stock...kept up with a 180 with exhaust/bov the other day. all his mates were all surprised at how quick it was. he beat me when we launched but by the time we were into 2nd and 3rd we were going pretty much the same

FR33K
20-04-2005, 03:38 PM
COnclusion: NA v NA scenarios, especially 0-100 runs, a slight mistake, a slower shift, a lazy left leg, a maniac next to u who is willing to dump the clutch at 5000rpms and flat shift could result in u being beaten for NO MECHANICAL reason...

very true
a 5500k launch for me means a difference of a 0-100 time from 9.7secs+ to about 8.4 secs (b16a LS)

fly_vti
20-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Your car is a freaking milkshake fly_vti

ITs not a normal teggy lol, doesnt count !

its a normal integra with a sohc 1.9 vtec engine chi :p

or do u mean stock.

fly_vti
20-04-2005, 05:42 PM
hmmm I believe dc2r is a 7sec car stock.. Well I'm pretty sure it can do at least under 7.5. With I/H/E and ECU I'd be hoping it could go under 6 or at least well under 7!

I also think most of the time is gained/lost on launch. Wheel weight and tyre grip play a big factor here. If you're running chrome 18's on a 1.8litre engine........ Then again if you get a proper launch with stock wheels and semis.......

After the launch you're relying on engine power. You would gain a bit from flat shifting, but I doubt it'd be a 'major' difference if the other guy was fast shifting. Could be wrong cause I've never tried it... never will (least with my car anyway :D).

what the hell are you talking about man..!! a stock standard dc2r on a quater mile run wont do 7s wtf? with a pro driver a good 14.8 should be respectable

FR33K
20-04-2005, 06:00 PM
hes talking about 0-100......

Integra
20-04-2005, 06:04 PM
what the hell are you talking about man..!! a stock standard dc2r on a quater mile run wont do 7s wtf? with a pro driver a good 14.8 should be respectable

I think his talking about 0-100 in 7 seconds!
1/4 mile no way a stock ITR could do that..

ginganggooly
20-04-2005, 07:00 PM
I think his talking about 0-100 in 7 seconds!
1/4 mile no way a stock ITR could do that..

a stock type-r with an average driver should be good for a very easy 14.8...

itr025
20-04-2005, 07:17 PM
???? It's blindingly obvious I'm talking about 0-100. The message right above mine was talking about 0-100. What stock car do you know does the quarter in 7???? Mclaren F1 is closest at 11s :D

ginganggooly
20-04-2005, 07:28 PM
???? It's blindingly obvious I'm talking about 0-100. The message right above mine was talking about 0-100. What stock car do you know does the quarter in 7???? Mclaren F1 is closest at 11s :D

it does seem obvious, but you never know with honda forums ;)

itr025
20-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I guess I forgot! haha

franki
21-04-2005, 08:19 AM
i got a dc5r and this morning a toyota seca with a worked 20 valve (jap motor) tryed to have a go. i chopped him by about 20 to 30 metres. i recon a vtir civic would have got him. :honda: toyota = box of crap :honda:

57UDD
21-04-2005, 08:48 AM
In my ITR I have beaten or kept up with heaps of standard Wrx's (not STI's), I have never been left for dead. I think that the theory that 4WD turbo cars are quick off the mark is rubbish, especially with Turbo lag.

Most WRX Drivers are imbarrassed when they are beaten or cant pull away from an ITR.

I own a MY00 Club Spec Evo 4 WRX (avatar), and i gotta disagree with what you just said.

1. AWD Turbo'z are quicker off the mark, with all the cars i've taken on at the lights with my rex, i either take off quicker or they're bout the same.
2. Turbo lag can be solved in take off by spooling ya turbo up near 3000rpm, everyone knows that.
3. Never been beaten by and ITR, cant kill them but still beat em.

aimre
21-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Well it will prolly be fairly biased, but im condsidering the following options:

turbo my eg vti, integra vti-r or s14

wat should i do?

dc2dc2dc2
21-04-2005, 09:28 PM
wtf jords..i am a honda supporter but i gotta say i also disagree with what u said as well. my friend stock rex vs itr with few mods rex ate him launch. Rex just launch at 6000 and u will rape itr all over. even from a 80km rolling rex will pull away at start but then it will stay pretty much the same.

57UDD
21-04-2005, 09:32 PM
so tru dc2. my cuz reckon he beat this guy in a boosted wrx on rolling start easily. his teg vtir got mods as well. when he told me i was WTF??? Immediately i challenged him, we went to highway and i munched his teg, and left him crying to him mummy. Never tried launchin from 6000, dont wanna push my baby that much.

**Ghost**
21-04-2005, 09:37 PM
... rexes are faster than DC2s down the straight...extreme mod situations no included...

ginganggooly
21-04-2005, 11:08 PM
street drags mean sweet **** all, i thought you'd all know that by now...

from what i've read/heard/seen bog stock 98-01 wrx's can pull anything down to a v.high 13, good luck doing that in a stock type-r.

bluebird
22-04-2005, 12:07 AM
I've owned a VTiR, and a SR20 Turbo. If you want decent straight line, go the Turbo. From general driveability, to power throughout the rev range, they are awesome cars to drive. I personally enjoyed a turbo car in straight line performance more than I did a VTiR, but thats obvious, as my turbo car was 2 seconds faster down the quarter than the VTiR, hehe... but even stock vs stock, I enjoy the torque of a turbo powered car.

However, a Type R won't be as quick in a straight line as the majority of Turbo Powered Cars (look at quarter mile times for examples, not what you've experienced on the street, way too many variables), but in factory form it will hand a WRX etc etc it's arse around a track, or around most corners. So as you can see, you have to ask yourself what you want from the car. I've owned AWD, FWDs, and am about to have a RWD car, and have a lot of mates that I go out driving with, that have a variety of cars. Not trying to big note or anything, just saying that my opinion is formed from a fair amount of time in the car scene, including drags, track days, and reguarly Saturday night cruising. My view on Hondas is that they are a great package car (in standard form), from reliability to handling to performance. Drag cars excepted, I feel they are not cars that should be used for drag racing, and if you intend to own a Integra to go fast in a straight line, you should re-consider your decision.

Of course, modifications open a totally different field..... I am referring to standard cars.

Blew_lude
22-04-2005, 12:15 AM
stock wrx's run at an average of 14.4 on most statistic charts
with a 0-100 of 5.85
most type r that ive read about is at an average of 14.8 with a 0-100 of 6.5
realistisly the wrx should beat the type r with the type r slowing catching.
the awd system is only good wen its used correctly.
i have yet to come across any1 who knows how to drive these properly
instead im up against some1 who thinks they will catch up cos they have turbo.

bluebird
22-04-2005, 12:18 AM
i have yet to come across any1 who knows how to drive these properly
Go to the track (ie WSID), and i'm sure you'll see plenty. Most people, especially WRX drivers, don't like to abuse their gearboxs reguarly. For the cost involved in replacing clutches / gearboxes, I don't blame them. :)

Blew_lude
22-04-2005, 12:28 AM
thats just an advantage of an integra i guess..
but that is a fair call, if i knew my car had a weakness, id be hesistant in testing it!

BOOSTD
23-04-2005, 01:37 AM
i'd have to disagree with you there man. you reckon a stock sss will get beaten by a gsi, i find that bard to believe. SSS have good sr20de engines man, compared to b18 gsi. driven my friends n14 SSS and wen you put the foot down, it feels as though the car wants to really go at it. and i've beaten many tegz in that stock SSS.

maybe...but ive raced my mates n15 sss when i 1st got my car and beat him...with a slipping clutch....but you might be right.the both have similar power and wieght figures so maybe it all comes down to the driver...it would be interesting if we raced 1 day ay? :D

57UDD
23-04-2005, 08:53 AM
it would be interesting if we raced 1 day ay? :D

For sure...

Mugen boy
24-04-2005, 12:02 PM
HONDA TURBO'S DECIMATE MOST THINGS, i like playing with ss commodores they LOOK F!#KIN pissed when they get creamed off the lights , admittly the do make most the ground back in top end but by that stage its all over ........ but i would recommend a honda to anyone as a base to work on , they have alot of flexablity and you can ALWAYS make more power, i am just waiting to do it again, now that i have built the engine the way i wanted to and doubled the BOOST to around 16psi daily

TeMp
24-04-2005, 01:43 PM
i got a dc5r and this morning a toyota seca with a worked 20 valve (jap motor) tryed to have a go. i chopped him by about 20 to 30 metres. i recon a vtir civic would have got him. :honda: toyota = box of crap :honda:

Maybe you have yet to meet a Supra TT?

TeMp
24-04-2005, 01:46 PM
I've owned a VTiR, and a SR20 Turbo. If you want decent straight line, go the Turbo. From general driveability, to power throughout the rev range, they are awesome cars to drive. I personally enjoyed a turbo car in straight line performance more than I did a VTiR, but thats obvious, as my turbo car was 2 seconds faster down the quarter than the VTiR, hehe... but even stock vs stock, I enjoy the torque of a turbo powered car.

However, a Type R won't be as quick in a straight line as the majority of Turbo Powered Cars (look at quarter mile times for examples, not what you've experienced on the street, way too many variables), but in factory form it will hand a WRX etc etc it's arse around a track, or around most corners. So as you can see, you have to ask yourself what you want from the car. I've owned AWD, FWDs, and am about to have a RWD car, and have a lot of mates that I go out driving with, that have a variety of cars. Not trying to big note or anything, just saying that my opinion is formed from a fair amount of time in the car scene, including drags, track days, and reguarly Saturday night cruising. My view on Hondas is that they are a great package car (in standard form), from reliability to handling to performance. Drag cars excepted, I feel they are not cars that should be used for drag racing, and if you intend to own a Integra to go fast in a straight line, you should re-consider your decision.

Of course, modifications open a totally different field..... I am referring to standard cars.

Very well said! You basically summed up what a Honda should do in stock form.

I beleive that turbo'ing a Honda is just wrecking the N/A spirit that a Honda is famous for. And if you really do want straight line power just get a turbo car to being with.

NISSANisWEREitsATbro!
12-01-2010, 08:10 PM

haha zombie thread... i was just lookin through some of my old posts from pages 4/5... wat a young tool i was haha... its amazing how things change i now own a v8 commo ute and a prelude with a h22 to buzz around the city when i dont want to use the ute... and to just think 5 yrs ago i was baggin them out...

oh and mods if u read this could you change my name too yep20t..

oh and sorry for bringin an old thread back up

beeza
12-01-2010, 08:21 PM
lololololool

I love going back into the archieves and reading the old threads when street racing was openly talked about it's LOLZERSSSSSSSSSS