PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Log Books

huhjared
08-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi guys, got a mate that has a jazz who misplaced his log books and user manual when he was shifting from Vic to Qld. He was wondering if he could purchase a replacement, cause apparently he kept all his servicing reciepts in a folder so i reckon that would justify the missing servicing logs in the front if he could get the replacement. Would it be expensive?

Miz_II_Die_IV
09-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah im interested in one too..Wonder if we can buy it from the dealer. I recently bought my jazz from a dealer n he didnt have th logs for the either but he said Rick Damilian had always service the car. i even got RD to give me all the pervious service history from them... the dealer said if i went to RD to get it serviced again maybe they give one to me since they had always serviced it...hmm,....

sassy_fit_vtit
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
perhaps call your local honda parts department and ask

panda[cRx]
10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
you can buy the service book for $50. they come prestamped with all of the services previously done at a honda dealer. contact your dealer for more info

as for the instruction manual/black folder/etc you'd need to ask the parts dept. i think they're around $75 from memory

OLD MAN
01-03-2009, 07:09 PM
;2117777']you can buy the service book for $50. they come prestamped with all of the services previously done at a honda dealer. contact your dealer for more info

as for the instruction manual/black folder/etc you'd need to ask the parts dept. i think they're around $75 from memory

This is correct, be aware they also stamp the front cover with "re issued book" or something to that affect. They also stamp any service interval not done by Honda with "non authorised service" or no service history recorded" something to that effect.

tiksie
02-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Could this be done with any car ? Or only 2000 > ?

I'm hoping it can't be done to older cars.. Lots of Honda's floating around with fake mileage and no log books..

OLD MAN
02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Could this be done with any car ? Or only 2000 > ?

I'm hoping it can't be done to older cars.. Lots of Honda's floating around with fake mileage and no log books..

Honda have service records dating into the 90's. Honda will not sell you a service book unless you are the original owner. You need to apply for a book, not order one.

panda[cRx]
02-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Honda will not sell you a service book unless you are the original owner. You need to apply for a book, not order one.

incorrect, it doesnt matter if you bought it second hand.

all you neeed to do is put it in writing that u lost or never received the book and wish to purchase a new one and give it to your dealer and they can request it from honda. in 99% of cases its all good and u receive ur book in a week or so with all honda servicing prestamped for you.

as i stated above there is a $50 charge

OLD MAN
03-03-2009, 05:49 PM
;2149445']incorrect, it doesnt matter if you bought it second hand.

all you neeed to do is put it in writing that u lost or never received the book and wish to purchase a new one and give it to your dealer and they can request it from honda. in 99% of cases its all good and u receive ur book in a week or so with all honda servicing prestamped for you.

as i stated above there is a $50 charge

I will stand corrected to a point, Honda will decide if you recieve your book or not. If your Honda has had multiple owners or you purchased your Honda at the auctions you have no chance. As for the purchase price of $50.00; that is what the dealer is charged by Honda so you won't buy a book for $50.00 unless you know a service adviser willing to give you a break. Dealers can charge up to $200.00 for a replacement book. I have confirmed this information with a Honda dealer.

Chundermuffin
04-03-2009, 09:30 AM
When I called a Honda service centre after buying a used Jazz without books I was told that a written request had to be submitted to Honda themselves and they would decide whether or not to send/sell you one. Apparently it's to avoid unscrupulous dealers purchasing them and filling them in with false service histories. I was told this a few weeks ago.

As for recovering previous service histories, I registered with Honda One (https://www.hondaone.com.au/owner%27s+club/index.asp) and after a week all the services for my Jazz showed up on there. Ended up being a small waste of time (for me, anyway); only the 1000km and 10,000km service had been done with Honda :( (my Jazz is nearing 90,000km). Might be helpful to someone else, tho.

panda[cRx]
04-03-2009, 11:44 AM
I will stand corrected to a point, Honda will decide if you recieve your book or not. If your Honda has had multiple owners or you purchased your Honda at the auctions you have no chance. As for the purchase price of $50.00; that is what the dealer is charged by Honda so you won't buy a book for $50.00 unless you know a service adviser willing to give you a break. Dealers can charge up to $200.00 for a replacement book. I have confirmed this information with a Honda dealer.

$50 is what the dealer should charge the customer. i work at a dealer and that's all we charge.
i am giving you guys the information first hand, there is no ifs or buts about it

$200 wtf!?!?!?!

When I called a Honda service centre after buying a used Jazz without books I was told that a written request had to be submitted to Honda themselves and they would decide whether or not to send/sell you one.

as i stated above....it's not submitted to 'honda' its given to the dealer and they forward it with an order to honda australia who then make the decision and issue the replacement manual

OLD MAN
04-03-2009, 05:14 PM
;2152157']$50 is what the dealer should charge the customer. i work at a dealer and that's all we charge.
i am giving you guys the information first hand, there is no ifs or buts about it

$200 wtf!?!?!?!

as i stated above....it's not submitted to 'honda' its given to the dealer and they forward it with an order to honda australia who then make the decision and issue the replacement manual

I also work at a dealer so my information is also first hand. And yes $200.00 in some cases and never $50.00.