PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a 2009 Honda Accord

msconfig
08-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey Ozhonda Members,

I'm thinking of purchasing a brand new Honda Accord 40th Anniversary within the next few weeks. The car is $31,440 with free rego & ctp. I'm just wondering, what sort of price should i be able to haggle down to roughly in this economic climate? Given rego + ctp is free from Honda Australia, what sort of driveaway price tag is realistic?

Also, if they say a car is 09 plated, is that 09 complianced, or 08 built? If the accord is 08 built and 09 complianced, should i expect a better deal? or are they only giving good deals with 08 built cars?

Thanks

blackv6luxury
08-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I bought a v6 luxury and will be picking it up Thursday. I can tell you that the deals that I saw were only on 2008 BUILT cars as far as I know. The cars built in 2009 are probably going to be $2000 more at the least. If you plan to keep the car for more than 4-5 years it shouldn't really matter.
The 40th ann Accord has some features built-in so you might have to haggle a lot to get the price down from 30K.

j.meng87
11-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Just so you know the price of $31,440 excludes dealer delivery and stamp duty. I'll be guessing add another 2000 for dealer delivery and stamp duty. From looking at the extras option thats include in the 40th anniversary, it seem that a dealer can get a normal VTI model off the lot and add this additional accessory and the 40th anniversary badge. This extra would probably cost about 1500-2000 to add on from the accessory optuins but you only pay an extra of 550 for all that. I would try and ask for a drive away price of 30k

Syd0rxl
16-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi,

I just bought a 2009 complianced Accord VTI L(2008 built) for 38000 Drive Away (with extra tinted windows, tailored floor mats, and window visors). As per the dealer, the 09 built will not be available in Australia at least till mid-end of March. so everything they sell now is 08 built, and 09 complianced.
I had a look at the 40th Anniversary, it is not bad at all (considering the few extras they chuck in). See if you can get it down to 30K drive away.

bomber
18-02-2009, 04:08 PM
I've been looking at a 40th Anniversary.
Don't know if anyone has had any success in negotiating as per this thread.
Seems dealers are getting down in stock now.
I've been pricing at 5 different dealers and they're all around $34K.
Pushed one rep really hard with the manager and all and they gave me $33K drive away.
Did the hard yards and then just walked as said I wanted $30K drive away and expected to meet maybe around $31K, but nada.
$34K would have to be full resale after the Honda 'free CTP, rego' etc.
Thought there would be more given than that. Or maybe dealers aren't willing to move on the remaining 40th anniversary Accords.

OLD MAN
20-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I've been looking at a 40th Anniversary.
Don't know if anyone has had any success in negotiating as per this thread.
Seems dealers are getting down in stock now.
I've been pricing at 5 different dealers and they're all around $34K.
Pushed one rep really hard with the manager and all and they gave me $33K drive away.
Did the hard yards and then just walked as said I wanted $30K drive away and expected to meet maybe around $31K, but nada.
$34K would have to be full resale after the Honda 'free CTP, rego' etc.
Thought there would be more given than that. Or maybe dealers aren't willing to move on the remaining 40th anniversary Accords.

It's really interesting to read a customers point of view on haggling. You won't handle a handler, remember we haggler all day, you do it once in a blue moon. If you don't commit to buying you'll never know what a dealer is prepared to do. Whether you buy or not is up to you;)

snajper
20-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I got mine Accord for $29500 drive away incl. windows tint, cabin filter and mats.

drydenim
06-03-2009, 11:22 PM
If you don't commit to buying you'll never know what a dealer is prepared to do. Whether you buy or not is up to you;)
Well how do you commit if the dealer's quote is more than what you can afford/are willing to pay :confused: