PDA

View Full Version : ED to EF Front

Henessaayyy
09-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Alright, after a tiny bit of help here...

The ED front, ive noticed has a little strip/lip sort of thing above the bumper, but below the hood. It hugs the headlights and front bar.

I was wondering, if I simply put a EF front bar on my ED, would this remove that little strip... Or do I need a full facelift?

That little strip is really ugly to me and I seeeeeeeriously want to get rid of it.

I was thinking of spraying my front and rear bars matte black and spraying that strip with it...

So.. Yeah... How do I remove that ugly strip; EF bar or full EF facelift?

YaMiKaZe
09-02-2009, 09:53 PM
that "strip" your talking about is the front filler piece which "fills" in the gap between the front bumper and hood.
if you remove it you'll be left with a gap inbetween the front bumper and hood/headlights which will be even more uglier.
and the EF front has the filler piece also

trism
10-02-2009, 01:11 AM
ive just realised what you were talking about. the pm i replied to you i was thinking about the thing ON the bumper itself

but as above, it has to be there

if you dont have it therewill be a big gap inbetween the headlights/bonnet and the bar

EF has it also

VTi_b0i
10-02-2009, 01:38 AM
ive got that lil aprin if u need dude?

Henessaayyy
10-02-2009, 08:59 AM
ive got that lil aprin if u need dude?

The bottom one? Or the one Im talking about? :P

I was having a look at alot of ED/EF pics and I find it REALLY hard to see that filler strip on any of them... They've got them sitting really flush.

As for painting my front/rear bar... What sort of paint should I use? I used engine enamel to spray my chasers and they turned out pretty good... But I doubt the colour would turn out that good on the bumpers. Any ideas? Im after Matte Black... The proper automotive paint is f'n expensive too and I don't have a big spray gun to do the job, I only got a touch up gun! :P

VTi_b0i
10-02-2009, 07:43 PM
the aprin sits on top of the bumper, underneath the headlights/bonnet

Henessaayyy
10-02-2009, 07:45 PM
the aprin sits on top of the bumper, underneath the headlights/bonnet

its alright then, i got that one :)

VTi_b0i
10-02-2009, 08:07 PM
oh.. i just re read the first post, and i know what u mean LOL nahh even the EF front end has the aprin... its CRX bumpers that dont have that strip, but you would have to change the front gaurds and corner lights... worth it? LOL

Henessaayyy
10-02-2009, 08:25 PM
oh.. i just re read the first post, and i know what u mean LOL nahh even the EF front end has the aprin... its CRX bumpers that dont have that strip, but you would have to change the front gaurds and corner lights... worth it? LOL

If I wanted something looking like a CRX i woulda bought one... So nerrr.. Aint worth it...

Could you gimme a hand on my previous post? About the paint to use to spray the bumpers.

Automotive Matte Black is expensive... So I was wondering what sort of aerosol spray I could use to spray my front and rear bumper. I'll be sanding it down so its nice and smooth, don't think I'll be bogging anything up though. Then I'll be hitting it with primer and finally with the colour. So Im stumped. Should I just use the engine enamel I used on my wheels or should I get an acrylic based paint?

Help help help!

VTi_b0i
10-02-2009, 09:45 PM
id just spend the extra and do it properly lol otherwise u might spend all this time and effort spraying it, then regret it and have to do it all over again? lol

Henessaayyy
11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
I've got this feeling that doing it 'properly' in your eyes is going to a panel beaters and getting them to do it... But I'd rather do it on my own as it works out cheaper, more fun, a good experience and if anything messes up then I have no one to blame. I've got experience in spraypainting/airbrushing but I think the same matte black I used on my wheels and wipers would suit the front/rear bumpers...

Could I get more peoples oppinions on this too? It's abit hard with just vtiboi helping out...

VTi_b0i
11-02-2009, 12:37 PM
nahh i dont mean you have to take it to a proper spray painter, by all means do it your self! i just mean, find out the proper paint etc to use lol

Henessaayyy
11-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah, cheers... Might have to borrow my mates spray gun to get the job done... Hopefully it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg :P

na-118
11-02-2009, 04:54 PM
if you think it will suit then whats stopping you from doing it, and you also have experience in spray painting and air brushing so you could use you compressor and spray gun. instead of being tight and buying spray cans cause you obviously want it done properly

Henessaayyy
11-02-2009, 07:37 PM
i was asking for information regarding paint types...
i wasnt sure of what type of paint to use... so i thought id ask ...

if you dont have any valuable information, then keep out of my threads

na-118
12-02-2009, 10:35 PM
i gave you information plastic primer and all why yougetting up set for? big shot telling me to keep out of your threads sorry boss

Henessaayyy
13-02-2009, 09:30 AM
i gave you information plastic primer and all why yougetting up set for? big shot telling me to keep out of your threads sorry boss

i wasnt asking about the primer... i was asking about the paint..
if i wanted to know what primer to use, i'd clearly state that... wouldn't i?
what i want to know, is what type of PAINT to use... if you could help me with that, then it'd be much appreciated... otherwise, you havent really helped at all :thumbdwn:

na-118
14-02-2009, 12:04 AM
use art paint,