PDA

View Full Version : dc2 COLD AIR INTAKE HELP

mykexd
11-02-2009, 10:39 AM
hey guys,

im looking to buy cold air intake for my dc2, but dunnno if i should get a short ram or the long pipe to the floor. like wats the difference,
and can u suggest a good brand and where to buy it.

ps i live in sunshine melbourne

thanks myke

Fitzy
11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
go full cai intake. injen, aem good ones.
have a look in the traders area. might be able o pick up a second hand one too. jdmyard have injen/

F.O.B Squad
11-02-2009, 11:02 AM
AEM and Injen Make some really good intakes both short and long. With the short CAI its more prone to take in more of the heat generated from the motor which makes it at times laggy.
The long CAI are good, taking in cooler air, but depending on where its is located could get really dirty espesh on rainy days.

I suggest if your going to get either of them dont have them exposed and have them covered with a some sort of sheild and have an intake tube like a Mugen type intake setup.
I only say this because it makes it legal, wont take in heat generated from the motor and i generally it works better.

DC:51:VE
11-02-2009, 11:44 AM
buddy if u have a Vtir you dont realy want to be spending to much money on it. intake is an importand thing with all Vtecs, but ull get more power out of getting urself a clutch, or some spoon progressin springs.. car will handle much better...

but for now u want to get ursel a Vtec Roar.. so heres what u do :)
What you need...
a plastic flexible 2.5 - 3.5 inch hose.. id suggest a ducting hose of some sort..
a few zip lock ties and a hose clamp.

front bumper shown is a jdm dc2r bumper so its differant to a reg dc2, but at least u get the idea :)

find sumwhere to mount ur plastic hose to the front bumper... make sure its fasted very securly as u dont want it cumming undone while driving... very very bad!!

then simply run your hose from the front bumper to the bottom of your oem air box..

and u have yourself a CAI using the same concepts as the mugen box..
that is also NON DEFECTABLE as ur filter is in an enclosed box.. and ud realy get more power out of it than 1 of them shitty SRI intakes u see every1 has that suck in terribly hot heat from there engine bays...

you could also install a high performance air filter that'd work much better :)

except saved yourself 1000 dollars.. haha and its sumthin you can do yourself and have fun doing:)

here are a few quick piks..

hope this helps buddy:)

OMG.JAI xD
11-02-2009, 04:38 PM
SRI = Engine heat, doesnt have as much potential. Only less restrictive.

CAI = Colder air, so long as you have your front splash tray, you wont pick up any shit. More potential. More hassles to install or replace.

SRI is generally cheaper than CAI.

SRI, have different version that are for ABS and non ABS models.

mykexd
11-02-2009, 07:24 PM
and u have yourself a CAI using the same concepts as the mugen box..
that is also NON DEFECTABLE as ur filter is in an enclosed box.. and ud realy get more power out of it than 1 of them shitty SRI intakes u see every1 has that suck in terribly hot heat from there engine bays...

oh so i need to box it 2?, i was told its okay if it isnt a oil based pod.

question: wats gsr integra, is that the vtec one?

OMG.JAI xD
11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
GSR is the american version of VTI-R.

Branded under acura.

No difference really. LHD, b18c1 instead of c2. Still a dc2 chassis.

DLO01
11-02-2009, 07:41 PM
GSR = VTIR

DC:51:VE is suggesting to use your Oem intake arm and filter box. Hes suggesting to get rid of your resonator box under your right mud guard and running a flex pipe from the bottom of your filter box to the front of your bumper.

mykexd
12-02-2009, 08:53 AM
GSR = VTIR

DC:51:VE is suggesting to use your Oem intake arm and filter box. Hes suggesting to get rid of your resonator box under your right mud guard and running a flex pipe from the bottom of your filter box to the front of your bumper.

so that mean if i get a us intake is will still fit my dc2 vtir rite ?

aussiemale
12-02-2009, 07:05 PM
K&N intakes system sound awesome

T-onedc2
12-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Have a look at my setup, had it like this for ages and no probs at all. Basically DIY Mugen
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73255&highlight=cold+air

CRXDEL501
12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
definitely cai > sri.
i have tried many sri's, and make many cai's, and nothing compares to my current set up.
i recently bought a fujita intake, and i love it. i paid the money for it, and now i got it, i wouldnt buy anything else.

DC:51:VE
12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Have a look at my setup, had it like this for ages and no probs at all. Basically DIY Mugen
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73255&highlight=cold+air

that is excatly what i was showing to do just a much much better job:)

Very Very good diy u got there buddy... haha after seeing yours im going to go change mine!!

CRXDEL501
12-02-2009, 08:50 PM
that is true.
depends on your budget i spose and personal preference, and what you think works better for your engine.

T-onedc2
12-02-2009, 10:30 PM
that is excatly what i was showing to do just a much much better job:)

Very Very good diy u got there buddy... haha after seeing yours im going to go change mine!!
haha, cheers mate

joe.teg
02-04-2009, 08:33 PM
hey mate
i just baught my VTi-R and bought a brand new Injen CAI from a mate still in the box with the plastic.
He paid 450 for it and i bought it for 250
It is the best thing ive done to the car to date, you lose very slightly in the low revs but the power if exceptional and the vtec is so much louder and feels slightly more agressive

Rehaan Khan
07-04-2009, 11:12 PM
hey i have got a short ram intake pipe n i have connected that wid a silicone pipe (can buy it from super cheap) all the way to my bumper, n that is where my airfilter sits, jst behind my bumper bar...

VTECMACHINE
07-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Spoon / Trust foam filter, in DC2R airbox, with 3-4" aircon piping to front bar, with the removal of the air box resinator --> Works a treat, and cheap too!!

If you just want Bling... then Ingen or AEM CAI.

Jonno
11-04-2009, 11:00 PM
I used a K&N Filtercharger njection Perfomance kit # 57-3506, it is a sri made for the DC2.
All that has to be done pull out the old air box and put the new filter in, it uses the stock pipe and it is about an hour's woth of work, if you diy i recomend the use of an air wrench.
This does change how it sounds but it gives it a nice roar.

Heres what it looks like when its done

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/Jonno/000_0025.jpg
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/Jonno/000_0026.jpg

rmalov
12-04-2009, 02:25 PM
full cold air intake is the best option. i got 1 of my old vtir for sale pm me if ur interested has a few scratches but its stil really good,

RiseOfBrutality
13-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I had some cash to play with when I was looking into buying my intake, I ended up getting a Mugen intake, injen was another option but I wanted something abit quieter

rmalov
14-04-2009, 02:43 PM
whats a better intake for a dc2r injen or fujita? any differences? or is it just in price

joe.teg
14-04-2009, 06:52 PM
ive got an ITR injen intake on my vtir, it just fits lol
i bout it off a mate for 250 and he bought for 450.

i think different companies use different designs and also filters make a big difference

NSPYRE
15-04-2009, 05:11 AM
^^^ how on earth did u manage that?! got pics of engine bay?

running an injen intake myself. fujita and injen CAI are essentially the same.. love how it sounds at WOT :)

BURST
16-04-2009, 04:21 PM
What you need...
a plastic flexible 2.5 - 3.5 inch hose.. id suggest a ducting hose of some sort..
a few zip lock ties and a hose clamp.

I've had a look around bunnings and I haven't been able to find any piping. Where else would you suggest getting this kinda piping from?

NSPYRE
16-04-2009, 04:25 PM
go to autobarn or supercheap :thumbsup:

T-onedc2
16-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Got mine from Clark Rubber

Importsneezer
18-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Injen is #1 CAI