PDA

View Full Version : Removin Door Trims

willyumx
11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
hey guys . i was hopin someone could help teach me how to remove the door trims off a 97 gsi ?

much help would be appreciated !
thanks alot

will

Q_ball
11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
- Open door.
- On the door trim itself, the section that meets the dash, remove the clip that holds the trim to the door frame.
- Remove screw that hold the plastic surround around the inside door latch ... screw is located jst under the lock itself, underneath a plastic cover.
- Remove screw that holds the plastic door handle on the inside of the trim (armrest)... screw is located in the middle.
- Run your hand/screwdriver along the bottom and side of the trim, and pull it outwards once u get enough leverage.
- The trim will simply unhook itself from the window seal area
- Ensure that you unclip the wire for the power windows prior to running away with the trim ;)

Mr.DC2
11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
taking the door trim off is realy easy

there is one bolt in the centre of the door handle that you use to open the door when your sitting in the car, remove that.

there is also another bolt on the door handle the handle that u use to pull the door close, romove that.

the last bolt that u need to remove is a plastic bolt so be gental its just under your side mirror its black and apears out of no where, remove that.

then you simple put your finger in between the door n door trim from underneath and pull outwards. the trim is being held on by clips.

willyumx
15-02-2009, 02:41 PM
thanks alot guys ! i finally worked it out ! i undid all the bolts and the trim wouldnt come off and i realised it was probably clips ! so i gave it a lil pull and out it came !

would anyone have an idea about how i take the back ones off ? ( i need to get the trims out because i am shaving the side mould holes ! )

willyumx
18-02-2009, 08:43 PM
bump ! can someone please help me ?