PDA

View Full Version : Anyone installed a Voltage Stabilizer in their RB1?

evolution
12-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Hi guys, I just got a Pivot Mega Raizin voltage stabilizer and was wondering if anyone has got pics of where they put their grounding points?

AusAccord
12-02-2009, 08:30 AM
i didn't get the Pivot one but installed 6 gounding wires, installation guide was sent to u via email already.

note: just got a autoreply msg saying yr email address not working, let me know the correct one and email again

evolution
14-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I can't f#$King believe that I could screw up such a simple install.........

Connected the Voltage Stabilizer and the car was alright..... then I stupidly after connecting up the grouding points, connected them to the +ve terminal instead of the -ve !!!!!! Bloody car shorted out, now everything is dead in the car...... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I got to get a mechanic to diagnose the extent of the damage, I just hope I didn't fry the ECU

AusAccord
15-02-2009, 07:57 AM
oh sorry to hear that and thats a big fxxk up........ believe the engine even not cranked up and all electrical stuffs not working when u say "shorted out". have you checked the main fuse or individual fuse (under the bonnet and inside) one by one?

evolution
15-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Just got the mechanic in, looks like it's just the battery shorting out...whewww... went for a drive around the blcok and everything else seems to be working normally.

johnprocter
15-02-2009, 02:57 PM
sorry to be noob, what does a voltage stabilizer do? whats the benefit of it?

trism
15-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Nothing you could leave the wires disconnected and have the same effect. I would be so bold to suggest a search as there are several threads on this subject.

i would be so bold to suggest that in the topics you were actually proven to be incorrect about grounding kits

this voltage stabilser whatever is a load of shit but imo