PDA

View Full Version : DC5S Stereo Aux Issue

bungie77
13-02-2009, 07:28 AM
When connecting my Sony Walkman MP3 (8GB model) to my stereo via the Aux input (using a quality Belkin cable) I only hear sound via the left speakers. Even when I fade to the right it simply mutes and fading to the left does not increase volume at all. Is there any way to fix this? From memory I also had this issue when connecting my PSP. I can't find any stereo settings no the Walkman but I'll have a quick Google search now.

Cheers
Reece

DC:51:VE
13-02-2009, 08:30 AM
may be possible ur walkmans settings are faded left, i did the same thing with my ipod.. sat there fiddling with my head unit for half an hour then realised it was the ipod haha..

other than that only thing i can think off is the cord you are using..

best of luck buddy

bungie77
13-02-2009, 08:41 AM
yeah i considered that it was the cord... but i am not sure whether i was using the same cord with my PSP. also mum used this cord in her is250 and had no problems. strange. i'll try find the settings on my walkman but i am listening through headphones and having no issues so it should be fine!

bungie77
13-02-2009, 09:09 AM
just searched the pdf manual for the model (which is nwz-a728 FYI) and confirmed that there are no balance or fade settings! how strange!

13-02-2009, 09:25 AM
if there are no balance or fade settings then thats prob why its happening..
put on a song that u kno plays music or just sound in general from the right, like an intro or a interlude of an album.. then go try play it on ur mp3 player with the headphones..

if the sound comes identicaly from both heads phones then theres no fade or zoning so yeah... would explain why it only plays from one side of the car, cause theres only one channel coming from the mp3 player :)

lol im sure i didnt ecplain that very well... u understand what im tryna say though??

Type S Tony
13-02-2009, 09:36 AM
or you could just have blown speaker

burak213
13-02-2009, 10:19 AM
works fine with my PSP

bungie77
13-02-2009, 12:03 PM
if there are no balance or fade settings then thats prob why its happening..
put on a song that u kno plays music or just sound in general from the right, like an intro or a interlude of an album.. then go try play it on ur mp3 player with the headphones..

if the sound comes identicaly from both heads phones then theres no fade or zoning so yeah... would explain why it only plays from one side of the car, cause theres only one channel coming from the mp3 player :)

lol im sure i didnt ecplain that very well... u understand what im tryna say though??

but if I'm getting sound through both headphones wouldn't you assume I would get sound through all speakers in the car? As stereo sound works with left and right not front and rear...

and no I don't think I have blown any speakers but thanks anyway haha...

and as for the PSP issue I will double check and perhaps try another cord to make sure.

Type S Tony
13-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Hehehe no worries, But remember you said "You think you havent blown your speaker" always good to double check!

nakz
13-02-2009, 05:52 PM
check ur aux to walkman cable

bungie77
18-02-2009, 12:02 PM
turned out was cable :) strange because it was used for my brother's stereo just last week and had no issues. did not expect that from a relatively expensive belkin cable.

18-02-2009, 01:28 PM
haha i did that aswell once... apparantly when i was wraping the cable around my ipod it kinked and cause some wire inside to snap... if your goin 2 wrap up ur cord just wrap it around your hand that way its wraped circularly or should i say in an oval shape..

goodf to hear it isnt any of your stereo's components **ie head deck, speakers**

the Type S double din head deck is the best!!!!! haha i love it :)

Type S Tony
18-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Has any Type S owner here done a big Audio install/ Upgrade with the Type S head unit??