PDA

View Full Version : EG5 Vti hatch - sway bar / Dc2r interchange

Sexc86
13-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Hey guys,

Basically my Eg vti has standard sway bars Front & rear. Looking to chnage both Front and rear to DC2R items. Wondering if anyone could answer the following questions.

* What size are my standard sway bars (Front & Rear)
* What size are dc2r sway bars (front and rear)
* Pros & Cons to this conversion
* What is required to run F+R sways on a Eg Hatch. What endlinks,mounts,bushes. ( i am aware i will need rear subframe reinforcement)
* Any common problems in doing this conversion?

I do realise this is a popular conversion and that the must be a wealth of infomation out there, but finding it hard to search for specifics.

Thanks in advance

Regards Lyle

zco
13-02-2009, 08:28 PM
you shouldnt limit your search to just ozhonda

typing in dc2r rear sway bar into google wiht give you the answer of how thick they are..
or even just searching the trader section to see if they have some for sale will give you the sizes. ie: jdm concept trader section

imo, you need to do abit more of a thorough search lyle.

Sexc86
13-02-2009, 08:32 PM
sure thing mate... your probably right!

JasonGilholme
13-02-2009, 08:33 PM
DC2 bars on any EG is a great improvement no matter what your stock arrangement is.

that couples with new bushes makes the car feel brand new.

EG CIVIC
13-02-2009, 11:10 PM
AUSDM - front 24, rear 22
JDM 98 spec - front 25, rear 23

EG - front 22 , rear 14

taken from here: (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26820&highlight=sway+bar+size&page=7)

Sexc86
14-02-2009, 04:47 PM
for the dc2r sways on front and rear. what endlinks will i need? dc2R? or wil my eg5 endlinks be fine?

JasonGilholme
14-02-2009, 04:51 PM
i'm pretty sure they're all the same.

fatboyz39
14-02-2009, 05:48 PM
for the dc2r sways on front and rear. what endlinks will i need? dc2R? or wil my eg5 endlinks be fine?

i'm pretty sure they're all the same.

You'll need to run DC2R front and rear endlinks. EG's are diff.:thumbsup:

Red_EG4
15-02-2009, 01:06 PM
I've just got the AUDM DC2R rear bar on mine.
Coupled with my coilovers the car is pretty keen for some snap oversteer.
The rear is very stiff.
Only problem I had (if you can call it that.) was after connecting one side to the LCA it was hard to get the other side on. If you are going for the ASR subframe brace, when I was installing mine the stock muffler was in the way when trying to put in one of the bolts.

JasonGilholme
15-02-2009, 02:21 PM
You'll need to run DC2R front and rear endlinks. EG's are diff.:thumbsup:

whats the difference between them?

The rear endlinks on my ITR rear sway bar look just like my OEM ones. Same design etc.

Not sure about the front but assuming the LCA's are interchangable you'd assume the endlinks are of the same design again.