PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro CL9 coolant reservoir picture

unity
14-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Can any one supply me a front on close up picture of the coolant reservoir?
I have had my car repairedafter an accident and the coolant reservoir doesn't look the same as before.
Thanks

Crapdaz
14-02-2009, 10:13 AM
it is flat on the top and diagonal down towards the right side if looking front on.

Looking from front on of the car (imagine mirror image) damn OH won't let you do spaces.

l_________l
l_________l
l_________l
l_________l
\_______l
\______l
\_____l
\____l
\___l
\__l

unity
14-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the reply. Should the Max and Min writing be facing towards the rediator or towards the engine? And what coulour should the coolant be?

aaronng
14-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Max and min facing the engine. Otherwise you can't see the level. Honda coolant is blue.

unity
14-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Max and min facing the engine. Otherwise you can't see the level. Honda coolant is blue.

Yeah mine is facing the radiator, so they must have put it the wrong way around or used a non genuine honda part. It also looks like the coolant is a green colour.
I hate to think how many other mistakes have been made.

aaronng
14-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Try turning the resevoir around then. It is held on by two 10mm bolts. As for the coolant, they probably previous gen honda coolant, or an aftermarket one.

unity
14-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the advice aarong. But there is nothing to worry about if its the wrong way around right?

aaronng
14-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the advice aarong. But there is nothing to worry about if its the wrong way around right?

As long as the cap is on properly and the whole resevoir doesn't fall off then it is alright. Just have a look at the two bolts on the side of the resevoir. If they are there, then you won't have problems. If they are missing and the weight of the resevoir is held by the cap and rubber tubing, then you should get them to put it on properly.

unity
14-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Both the bolts are there and the cap is on tight so all should be ok. The problem when the car gets repaired is that some jobs get sublet to other people. In my case the radiator was sublet to a radiator expert. The panel beater has now ordered the blue coolant and will flush out the green one.

unity
15-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Does the engine coolant temperature gauge read dead centre when the engine warms up to normal operating temperature? Looks like the needle on my gauge is sitting about 0.25cm under dead centre.

aaronng
15-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Does the engine coolant temperature gauge read dead centre when the engine warms up to normal operating temperature? Looks like the needle on my gauge is sitting about 0.25cm under dead centre.

Mine also reads below dead center. The Euro has a digital coolant gauge as well. Hold down the "DUAL" and "AUTO" buttons when starting the engine. You'll see the driver climate control temperature flash "1" and "20"ish. That's the cabin temperature. Press the rear demister button until you reach item "4" (press 3 times) and that is your coolant temperature. To turn off this display function, press AUTO again.

unity
15-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Mine also reads below dead center. The Euro has a digital coolant gauge as well. Hold down the "DUAL" and "AUTO" buttons when starting the engine. You'll see the driver climate control temperature flash "1" and "20"ish. That's the cabin temperature. Press the rear demister button until you reach item "4" (press 3 times) and that is your coolant temperature. To turn off this display function, press AUTO again.

Do you know what the normal temperature range is for an engine that has fully warmed up?
Mine showed 93 degrees after a gentle 10 minute drive.

unity
15-02-2009, 03:09 PM
-------------
l l
l CAP l
------------------------l l ------
---
coolant reservoir ---
-----------------

The above is a very rough diagram looking at the top of the coolant reservoir front-on as you would see it in your car. To the right hand side of the cap the top of the coolant reservoir sightly curves and dips down. This is obviously designed so that the big black radiator hose can pass over the top of the coolant reservoir without touching it. Having installed the reservoir back to front in my car the big black hose running from the top of the radiator is sitting firmly on top of the reservoir. Is this likely to melt the plastic reservoir bottle considering how hot that black radiator hose can become?