PDA

View Full Version : Just killed a sportivo!!!!!

monstaR
21-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Was going home after dinner at doncaster when i realised that this red modded sportivo pulled up next to me.......... trying to get on my nerves...... and i gave him a go at 3rd and just pulled away from him at the freeway. At bulleen exit, he tried again at the traffic light and i just pulled away at second but i have to admit that he was pretty quick. Not sure if a stock R can beat it but mine had extractors and the full exhaust plus various mods as well. Have anyone encountered a sportivo with a stock R b4? Well I read on the forums that some guy lost to a sportivo with his vtir....but this is for you mate and for all the honda gang....... cheers :thumbsup:

kenshin
21-10-2004, 09:02 PM
racing/draggin on open public roads is dangerous and hazardeous to other drivers... but i salute you on the win :)

Bol
21-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Corolla or Camry?

SIKCVC
21-10-2004, 10:06 PM
would be the corolla, the camry just has a better body kit, pretty sure the engine chassis, etc is the same as the stock camry.

Nice win... but an ITR should rape it... so good win if thats what you did :P

Da1nONLY
21-10-2004, 10:12 PM
havent raced against one yet!! =)
still waiting...
but hey..raced the 100Kw model.. pulled away after 40km... =)

monstaR
21-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Corolla or Camry?

corolla......

monstaR
21-10-2004, 10:21 PM
racing/draggin on open public roads is dangerous and hazardeous to other drivers... but i salute you on the win :)

Did not want to race him but he just instigated the whole thing.... :o

monstaR
21-10-2004, 10:22 PM
would be the corolla, the camry just has a better body kit, pretty sure the engine chassis, etc is the same as the stock camry.

Nice win... but an ITR should rape it... so good win if thats what you did :P

Thanks mate...... would it make a diff if my girlfriend is not in the car... i mean weight difference of 45kgs :confused:

luzinit
21-10-2004, 10:26 PM
i hang on some corolla forum, and some of their sportivo boys say they beat stock dc2r and stock dc5r.. but their car is chipped with uni chip, and some other mods, so i'd say that are fairly quick in hands of good driver

**Ghost**
21-10-2004, 10:38 PM
hahaha a black one wanted to race me at blackburn rd/doncaster rd junction... i thought

"the copper station is 100 meters in front... not a good idea'

2 gears and 20 seconds later

*red + blue lights*

another 10 seconds later

*A sportivo getting dicked*

i actaully tried to tell him teh cop shop was up the road... but hongkie boy was too busy rev rev rev

sivic
21-10-2004, 11:05 PM
cant really see a dc2r being beaten (with comparable drivers). they may look the same on paper but the B18C is such a more refined engine. the power band is so much smoother. vtec crossover is much better linked to the gears so as you drop back into the power band on shifts.
have heard from a number of sportivo owners who say that shifting at redline sees the revsfall back below the crossover point and hence power band.... unless it gets taken past redline or flatshifted :thumbdwn: you could complain that the gears are too tall but its a 6 speed!
i guess a bit of tuning could fix these issues fairly easy though.

geo41e
21-10-2004, 11:13 PM
i raced a celica ZR, the 147kw one. on hume highway, east bound in my civic si.
we raced up to 3rd gear and danm was that a good run!

the whole thing was neck and neck..he didn't pull away..and if he did..u came back up and seriously.....i gotta say that was the best run i ever had...

in saying that, shouldn't the sportivo be heavier ????

silvia200sx
21-10-2004, 11:54 PM
i reckon stock dc2r will beat a stock corolla sportivo due to the power to weight ratio and vtec hits before vvtli does.......but i'd like to see how they go on the track or against their celica brother!

MRJDM
22-10-2004, 04:09 AM
i beat one from rolling start. pulled away from it quite nicely. the guys expression was the best, changed from cockyness to "jaw dropping what the hell". some of you guys mite know it, it always use to be at KK at liverpool on a saturday, the one with no front bumper.

bizee_1
22-10-2004, 05:17 AM
actually i even think it is heavier than the Celica.

monstaR
22-10-2004, 08:15 AM
hahaha a black one wanted to race me at blackburn rd/doncaster rd junction... i thought

"the copper station is 100 meters in front... not a good idea'

2 gears and 20 seconds later

*red + blue lights*

another 10 seconds later

*A sportivo getting dicked*

i actaully tried to tell him teh cop shop was up the road... but hongkie boy was too busy rev rev rev

Ha ha thats funny but lets not get into racial issues here :thumbsup:

monstaR
22-10-2004, 08:17 AM
i raced a celica ZR, the 147kw one. on hume highway, east bound in my civic si.
we raced up to 3rd gear and danm was that a good run!

the whole thing was neck and neck..he didn't pull away..and if he did..u came back up and seriously.....i gotta say that was the best run i ever had...

Is the corolla sportivo heavier than the celica?

GaryD
22-10-2004, 08:57 AM
i hang on some corolla forum, and some of their sportivo boys say they beat stock dc2r and stock dc5r.. but their car is chipped with uni chip, and some other mods, so i'd say that are fairly quick in hands of good driver

I think all things being equal, a type r teggy should rape a sportivo. They have possibly the worst gear boxes and power range ever. completely impractical to race with

monstaR
22-10-2004, 10:12 AM
I think all things being equal, a type r teggy should rape a sportivo. They have possibly the worst gear boxes and power range ever. completely impractical to race with

Not sure about the mechanical stuff but all i noe was that the handling was pretty bad at corner, although it was lowered and all, it semmed like the car was going to flip over... good thing i was equipped with my ever trustworthy spoon suspension setup :D

pgclee
22-10-2004, 03:45 PM
ehh...wats a sportivo?? what car is that??....haha....
*Blur*

K3NstyL
22-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Corolla

sivic
22-10-2004, 04:10 PM
thats it. it seems as though they havnt even bothered to try to match the box with the engine to make a practical package. or bothered to try to achieve a decent power band. prob too concerned with making power figures :rolleyes:

kenshin
22-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Did not want to race him but he just instigated the whole thing.... :o

haha takes two to tango mang...

nvm i like playing with celicas/sportivos in my ITR too... below speed limit of course ;)

pgclee
23-10-2004, 12:08 AM
a Corolla can match up with an ITR??..err...are you sure?????....
i don't believe this...
eh...Corolla faster?? or Celica faster???...hmmm....
if you say Celica is faster...err..HAHahahha...i don't think ITR has a problem Smokin' the Sportivo...
but seriously, i really need to see that corolla you just mention bro...

faijai
23-10-2004, 12:09 AM
rolla sportivo has 141kw just like the dc2r. so it should be even on paper!
same engine as the celica with vvtli.

CTR Coupe
23-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Yeah Toyota hype there engine outputs. I believe that 141kw figure is without any belts running off it no alternator, water pump etc. There was a story floating aroung that someone sued them about the engine output not long ago. Hence why they don’t trumpet there horn about 141kw anymore.

maling
25-10-2004, 03:13 AM
ITR will be beat a sportivo no probs.

Corrolla Sportivo Specs :

Power and Torque
Power 141kW@7800rpm
Torque 180Nm@6800rpm
0-100km/h in 8.4 seconds
0-400m in 16.1 seconds
Maximum speed 215km/hour
Bore/Stroke 82mm x 85mm

(As quoted by Sydney city Toyota website)

Integra Type R Specs:

INTEGRA TYPE R

Engine All aluminium, 1.8 Litre, DOHC, 16 valve, in-line 4 cylinder with VTEC

Displacement 1797

Maximum power (kW) 141 \@ 7900

Maximum torque (Nm) 178 \@ 6300

weight is about 1087kgs

as quoted by Autoweb http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_51739/newsarticle.html

he-tec
25-10-2004, 12:09 PM
i raced a celica ZR before.. he had 2 passengers and i had 2 passengers.
id have to say it was a easy win with my h22a inside =)

luzinit
25-10-2004, 07:20 PM
i wouldnt say no probs ;p.. but yeh as mentioned above, toyota did fudge the power output a bit, which is why there was a recent recall which rectified the situation.

i dunno why but in the UK, they tested the corolla vs ep3 ctr. and for the corolla they got 0-100 in 7.6 seconds or so..

spoonfed
25-10-2004, 08:35 PM
boys i own a stock as a rock type r and ive have race the same sportivo 4 time and ive beaten him 4 out of 4

type one
25-10-2004, 09:41 PM
bah monstaR you're such a poser hahahaha corolla sportivo LOL... pat on the back man.. i am so disappointed that you use those beautiful mods i gave you to waste on a sportivo... :(

silly boy... tell us when you chop and modded GTS-T or XR6 - and not just in a straight line... :thumbsup:

pgclee
26-10-2004, 01:13 AM
wah...XR6 fast car ler...i've met one on Drag strip, doing like low 13's man...no joking...beli fast ler...but somehow...the one on streets, doesn't seem that fast...ehhh..even those HSV also seem weird...but after like 150km/h err....i can see they are pulling harder...hahahaha...

but type one say till monstaR car beli fast wor...nice going dude...and agreed with him..yea...don't waste petrol with a sportivo...just not worth the time...but if you come across some HSV or those guys who "Thinks" their car is damn freaking fast...tailgate them all the way...that way, you showed them their car is too slow, can't even manage to see your headlights...hahaha...that is just a suggestion...haha..

ginganggooly
26-10-2004, 01:42 AM
wah...XR6 fast car ler...i've met one on Drag strip, doing like low 13's man...no joking...beli fast ler...but somehow...the one on streets, doesn't seem that fast...ehhh..even those HSV also seem weird...but after like 150km/h err....i can see they are pulling harder...hahahaha...

but type one say till monstaR car beli fast wor...nice going dude...and agreed with him..yea...don't waste petrol with a sportivo...just not worth the time...but if you come across some HSV or those guys who "Thinks" their car is damn freaking fast...tailgate them all the way...that way, you showed them their car is too slow, can't even manage to see your headlights...hahaha...that is just a suggestion...haha..

gah, i think i just hemorrhaged.

i believe the sportivos were recalled for a period for some intake work and an ecu reflash. word has it that they are a bit better now.

dc2r
26-10-2004, 04:22 PM
i reckon stock dc2r will beat a stock corolla sportivo due to the power to weight ratio and vtec hits before vvtli does.......but i'd like to see how they go on the track or against their celica brother!

I don't mean to laugh at you, but rather the statement... you want to see how the stock dc2r goes against a corolloa sportivo or celica on the TRACK?! Hahaha!!!

On the street at traffic light GP, the stock dc2r will beat any celica or sportivo corolla... On the track, the stock DC2R will totally rape the Toyota's mentioned... Those Toyota's are not track cars, whereas the DC2R is built for racing...

gelo
26-10-2004, 05:23 PM
watch the 'type R legend'

dont even have to worry about the dc2r
just the ek9 will beat a celica in a drag
the ek9 also beat the fto and celica in a track run

and i heard they once did a test with the celica and the ek4
and the ek4 was faster
but i was only told about this

tracer
06-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately that Vtir was my car that was trailing behind the sportivo. Good to see you got one back on them :thumbsup:

Cyrus
09-11-2004, 12:16 AM
Vtec are the best!!!....once it kicks in, i don't think many car in its class can be a rival to the scream.

CivicOnBoost
09-11-2004, 01:24 PM
DC5R with 4ppl vs Corolla Sportivo with 2 ppl on the M1 on the Gold Coast rolling start 2nd gear at 6000rpm in my teg, corolla was 2 car lenghts behind at my change to third. Seriously those corollas are so over rated its not funny. But yeh the jaw dropping reaction is a crack up :P

monstaR
09-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah what about the celica? is it slower or faster then the corolla since i heard that the both of them have the same power plant...... :D

pgclee
09-11-2004, 02:37 PM
the 3rd car that lines up with them is the fastest....your car monstaR...hahaha..

Grimlock
16-11-2004, 07:18 PM
hey did any black DC5R raced a silver corolla, on the hume highway? ashfield area ?

Just after a skyline got a speeding ticket?
Just wondering anyone own it?

SeraphimX
16-11-2004, 10:24 PM
well, as a celica owner, I got 15.0 at kwinana motorplex with spare wheel and stock....so yeh i can say celica is faster then the sportivo(maybe cos its lighter)..

say are some of you guys frm singapore??

Perry
17-11-2004, 10:21 AM
sorry guys just a quick question are u talking the corolla sportivo the turbo version??

IRI
17-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Turbo Version? what you trippin' on foo???

sugapopcandy
17-11-2004, 11:49 AM
The previous model rollas had a turbo version that was sold.

Perry
17-11-2004, 01:59 PM

i remembered they did come in turbo version at sum stage

bumography
17-11-2004, 02:31 PM
vtec kick in? that is the dumbest thing i hear all the time
vtec doesnt kick in
it just lets u rev more aint it?
hehe
you guys should listen to yourselves..

*waiting to be flamed*

IRI
17-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Anyone have info on this turbo corrolla? We're talking about from factory yeah?

^^v
17-11-2004, 03:08 PM
theres a supercharged corolla.. not too sure bout turbo...

n as for ITR's vs Sportivos
stock vs stock
sportivos should be no match for the ITR's
even the EK9 can beat a 00+ Celica (not sure wot model... ZR?) down the 1/4 mile... n arent celicas supose to be a tad quicker than the rolla sportivos?

IRI
17-11-2004, 03:16 PM

That's what I thought

SeraphimX
17-11-2004, 04:41 PM

n as for ITR's vs Sportivos
stock vs stock
sportivos should be no match for the ITR's
even the EK9 can beat a 00+ Celica (not sure wot model... ZR?) down the 1/4 mile... n arent celicas supose to be a tad quicker than the rolla sportivos?

errr...an ek9 can beat a celica down the qm??? whats its 1/4 mile time?? I get 15 flat with my manual 6sp celica stock with spare in...

sugapopcandy
17-11-2004, 06:33 PM
http://www.redbook.com.au/vehiclesearch/images/Photos/TOYO/COROLLA%202001%20SPORTIVO_F.jpg

Notice the intercooler behind the front bar.

Read the link here.
http://www.autoweb.com.au/A_53736/cms/newsarticle.html

^^v
17-11-2004, 06:56 PM
errr...an ek9 can beat a celica down the qm??? whats its 1/4 mile time?? I get 15 flat with my manual 6sp celica stock with spare in...

that musta been a really good run mate... :thumbsup:
stock EK9 does low 15's from wot i gather...

how did u time ur run?
did u actually go to a proper strip n get it timed?

http://www.redbook.com.au/vehiclesearch/images/Photos/TOYO/COROLLA%202001%20SPORTIVO_F.jpg

Notice the intercooler behind the front bar.

Read the link here.
http://www.autoweb.com.au/A_53736/cms/newsarticle.html

i read that article on the turbo corolla

"The turbocharged 1.8 litre Twin Cam Multi-valve engine delivers 115kW of power at 5600rpm and 237Nm of torque at 3600rpm."

only makes 115kw?? are we talking at the wheels or fly? 0_o
but its got decent torque...

sugapopcandy
17-11-2004, 07:32 PM
At the fly dude lolz.

LuKeM
17-11-2004, 07:53 PM
yeah they are pretty average and were really overpriced at the time....i think they retailed for $38,000 so not to many ppl bought them......they arent that quick either.....they are good for a 15.5 over the 1/4

SeraphimX
17-11-2004, 09:56 PM
that musta been a really good run mate... :thumbsup:
stock EK9 does low 15's from wot i gather...

how did u time ur run?
did u actually go to a proper strip n get it timed?

i read that article on the turbo corolla

"The turbocharged 1.8 litre Twin Cam Multi-valve engine delivers 115kW of power at 5600rpm and 237Nm of torque at 3600rpm."

only makes 115kw?? are we talking at the wheels or fly? 0_o
but its got decent torque...

I did the runs at kwinana motorplex, did 3 runs, my first time at the track 15.4,15.1,15.03something, it's not really impressive, the guys on the US celica forum get 14.8-15.0 with their 180hp celicas (OZ spec is 190hp) so I really should be able to do better...anyways, I think a lot of ppl underestimate the celica because most of the models out there are auto, and for the manual you really need to shift well to get the most out of it..(I blame the notchy gearbox), but yeah I wish more ppl who are enthusiasts drove 7th gen celicas so ppl don't underestimate it and think its slow, because it really isn't.. my friend who raced his stock auto r33 gts-t with me will tell you that ;)

Da1nONLY
18-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Supercharge corollas???
no such thing in sydney...
only transplant..with the 4AGZE......
usually underneath the Ae88 or the AE92 model.

the previous sportivos are just normal corollas with their crappy little 1.8litre (7A-FE) which outputs roughly around 86Kw with a small bolted on turbo.

Speeder
02-12-2004, 11:50 PM
I did the runs at kwinana motorplex, did 3 runs, my first time at the track 15.4,15.1,15.03something, it's not really impressive, the guys on the US celica forum get 14.8-15.0 with their 180hp celicas (OZ spec is 190hp) so I really should be able to do better...anyways, I think a lot of ppl underestimate the celica because most of the models out there are auto, and for the manual you really need to shift well to get the most out of it..(I blame the notchy gearbox), but yeah I wish more ppl who are enthusiasts drove 7th gen celicas so ppl don't underestimate it and think its slow, because it really isn't.. my friend who raced his stock auto r33 gts-t with me will tell you that ;)i gotta agree with that one, the latest celicas arent slow at all compared to the previous model, bar the GT4. its a contender with the DC2-5R. my friend use to own the latest celica, and have seen him take out a few stock Rs. people think they are hairdresser cars etc, but i personally like them and the technology of their VVTi isnt bad at all, thanks to Yamahas input:) . i love my honda but i like alot of things too.

you beat a corolla sportivo in your DC2r??.....you should beat then without trouble. stock V stock, the DC2r will beat the corolla sportivo. i know i did. and my car is dead stock. they arent that quick:)

Tofu
03-12-2004, 01:44 AM
the shift from 1st to 2nd in the Corolla Sportivo is shithouse...
they drop right out of the "lift" stage of the rev range by about 500-600rpm...

ginganggooly
03-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Supercharge corollas???
no such thing in sydney...
only transplant..with the 4AGZE......
usually underneath the Ae88 or the AE92 model.

the previous sportivos are just normal corollas with their crappy little 1.8litre (7A-FE) which outputs roughly around 86Kw with a small bolted on turbo.
previous corolla sportivo had a small snail on the side of it. not too shabby actually. was pretty close to my integra vti-r when they were both bog stock.

but then.... 15.5's does not a quick car maketh :P

Limbo
12-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Yeah there are a few imported stock Corolla supercharged. Most are AE101s.
The Turbo came out in the AE111. Both of them i would say would give a type R a good run but the supercharged one doesn't have the top end so you'll catch it in 3rd. Seen many of this before as i use to own a rolla.

back to the point of the sportivo, i was able to pull away from it in my VTiR. Bout 3-4 cars at 130ish.

I think it has to do with the 1400kg weight which makes it abit of a slug.

TECBOY
29-06-2005, 09:46 PM
guys i own a celica vvtli and a dc2r will pull away in a drag by about 2-3 car lenths. I hav raced my mates dc2r and another mates dc5r and its pretty much same case 2-3 cars difference. wat sivic said is correct the type r stay in vtec in gear shifts and also rev higher... the celicas and sportivos drop to 5600rpm when u shift at 8000rpm. the only way to overcome this is to shift at 8200rpm (fuel cutoff) and make it fast (a short shift kit helps) but i dont hav 1 in my car. Also im pretty sure the vvtli engine duznt allow more air and fuel into the engine in lift as the vtec system duz. Still they are damn quick for a 1.8ltr and show that with more research they culd b a serious threat. But go the hondas and hats off to the celicas :)

TECBOY
29-06-2005, 09:48 PM
also limbo as for ur VTIR pulling away 3-4 cars... i think u are tooting ur own horn a bit as the corrola is much heavier than the celica and has a different ecu program to the celica (actually a de tuned version) race a celica and u will see his rear lights as many vtir drivers hav seen mine.

not a personal shot just laying down the honest facts

Scandrew
29-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Celica only has a chance only due to the driver.

bennjamin
29-06-2005, 10:45 PM
guys no talk at all of street racing. Keep it ouof our forum or only at the track.