PDA

View Full Version : Vtec disabled ? ?

Moey.C
15-02-2009, 11:57 AM
hey guys i want 2 buy an integra dc2 vtir and i called up this owner n she told me that the vtec has been disabled.

car has an exhaust n thats all
she goes the ppl she baught it off told her the vtec has been disabled and its not hard 2 enable it again
wtf does this mean? how can you disable vtec from a vtec engine

and how easy is it 2 enable it again?

i know mods said 1 thread for a topic so please delete other thread. ill prob get more explantatinos here

thanks

OMG.JAI xD
15-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Dude.

Keep to one thread.

This is your 3rd thread.

ndeuro_
15-02-2009, 02:00 PM
its not a vtec engine? LOL

ucme
15-02-2009, 02:13 PM
someone cut the vtec solenoid wire or you have a faulty vtec solenoid. or maybe they just wrote vtec on the engine lmao

johnprocter
15-02-2009, 02:13 PM
why would you cut the vtec solenoid wire though? what would you gain from that

V73C
15-02-2009, 07:35 PM
vtec was too fast for them LOL

ECU-MAN
16-02-2009, 01:14 PM
to disable VTEC you could disconnect the VTEC solenoid and connect a resistor in place. you will have to do the same to the VTEC Pressure Valve using a relay. or it can be done in the ECU

no idea why they would do such a thing

keep looking and find another car

V73C
16-02-2009, 03:13 PM
i just remembered, wouldnt the engine light come on if the wires to the solenoid wasnt connected ???

i remembered when my brother had his b16 dropped in his civic, the wires to the solenoid wasnt connected and the engine light was always on. connected it on, and no problems since

ECU-MAN
16-02-2009, 03:14 PM
yes the engine light would come on and stay on

JDMWhore
16-02-2009, 03:17 PM
vtec was too fast for them LOL

LOLOLOLOLOL! yeah its not worth your trouble man, just find another car.. I bet its just a GSi lol.. don't buy it.. you'll end up getting rick rolled

kleo
16-02-2009, 10:52 PM
u sure its a vtec engine? She might just be pulling your leg too.

curtis265
16-02-2009, 10:56 PM
VTEC disabled: she pooped her pants a little when she tried it

JDMWhore
17-02-2009, 10:57 AM
just an unrelated question here.. but who would in the rite mind disable V-tec and what benifits would you get from doing so? just asking here..

curtis265
17-02-2009, 11:04 AM
They wont wet their pants

cymax
17-02-2009, 11:21 AM
just an unrelated question here.. but who would in the rite mind disable V-tec and what benifits would you get from doing so? just asking here..
There is this thing call vtec killer from toda. Google about it.
http://todaracingusa.com/category?section=product&cid=22&id=69

ndeuro_
17-02-2009, 12:31 PM
thats just make the car run in vtec mode all the time. since the cam dont move at high rev range

Moey.C
17-02-2009, 02:26 PM
nah it is a vtir and if it wasnt the rego papers would say gsi. im not gonna be that stupid n not read the papers.

INVSBL
17-02-2009, 03:16 PM
There is this thing call vtec killer from toda. Google about it.
http://todaracingusa.com/category?section=product&cid=22&id=69

if im getting it right, ur permently on the 'agressive cam of vtec'

if so thats awesome, kinda

dsp26
17-02-2009, 03:39 PM

tuning both low and high cam separately to find the most suitable and linear x-over

but this would be done via ecu and not the solenoid.

i disconnected mine for my noise test since my "chip" at the time crossed over off-load at 5200rpm when the noise test was at 5700rpm.. thought i could get away with it but as ecu-man said cel stays on till corrected.

dsp26
17-02-2009, 03:41 PM
if im getting it right, ur permently on the 'agressive cam of vtec'

if so thats awesome, kinda

other way around... it's got aggresive profiles on the low cam so theres no oil pressure loss from vtec engagement.... but this is for race cars only. Adrian can elaborate more on this...

INVSBL
17-02-2009, 03:43 PM
other way around... it's got aggresive profiles on the low cam so theres no oil pressure loss from vtec engagement.... but this is for race cars only. Adrian can elaborate more on this...

thats wat i meant, the profile tht would be same right thru the rev range.

making it the same as any other engine out there.

OMG.JAI xD
17-02-2009, 06:29 PM
TODA vtec killer cams are used for high comp engines.

I think there are some b series engines with vtec killers running 13.5:1 compression.

Engine will detonate all over the place with that compression and with low cam profiles.

Sounds like a rotor.

JasonGilholme
17-02-2009, 07:13 PM
easiest way to check is to pop the hood and look for the solenoid.

its right near the dizzy on the head. can't miss it. if its not there, its not a vtec engine.

shut the hood, and tell them they're full of shit, and leave.

TODA AU
17-02-2009, 11:33 PM
My guess is the speed sensor is unpluged so the K's are B/S
Side effect no Vtec.

Re Vtec Killer...
The primary and secondary (outer) lobes are retainer & the centre Vtec lobe is not present.
The cam is of a hollow design for increased rigidity & weight saving.
On instalation, the mid rocker arm is removed & replaced with a spacer.
The Vtec pins are removed from primary & secondary rocker arms & the primary arm is plugged.
The lost motion devices are also removed.
For acceptable idle quality & best performance results, they should be used together with quad throttles.
As for compression, it should be 11.0:1 or higher.
It should be said, these camshafts are not well suited to road use.
They exist because of regulation racing (N+) where Vtec & cam control are banned. They can offer a good performance & reliability benifit over Vtec camshafts on the race track.
They should not be considered as suitable for a road car however.

http://www.toda-racing.co.jp/en/product/cam/vtec_killer.html