hi guys
Im looking into buy a pair of the following seats for my car:
Recaro sr3 black
Recaro sr4 black
Bride ergo 1.5 black with greyish center
Any advise would be good
Thanks in advance

17-02-2009, 01:55 AM
alot of copies out there.. so make sure you get wat you pay for (REAL from japan)

if you know people with these seats, test them out. they all feel different and pick which one you like best.

make sure you can get rails for them too

EK1.6LCIV
17-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Recaros are my pick, alot less of a cop magnet than the Bride's

plus you'll need a modification plate to run them legally so I'd add that to your cost as well :D

Q_ball
17-02-2009, 08:35 AM
As above, try and sit in a few of them and see which ones suit u the best.
A good point made about brides being more easily targeted for defects as well... so keep that in mind.

But end of the day, its simply a matter of you picking ones that you like, and acquiring the right type of rails.

EK1.6LCIV
17-02-2009, 08:50 AM
personally after sitting in a number of seats/rails, you're best bet is geniune ek9 rails for the proper height as the vision items are too low, lol

once you sit in them you'll see what I mean (I'm over 6'4" and I find them low as, lol)

mrwillz
17-02-2009, 10:38 AM
why are bride's more defectable than other seats?

EK1.6LCIV
17-02-2009, 11:08 AM
brides aren't adr is the reason

plus they have alot of design flaws for road use, which are obvious to any cop and they'll hand out the fine fast

best bet for any of your choice is to invest in some seat covers to deter theft and cop attention

Cvik_ryda
19-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks alot guy. ill look into the 2 recaros some more.

kiwi135
19-02-2009, 05:20 PM
personally after sitting in a number of seats/rails, you're best bet is geniune ek9 rails for the proper height as the vision items are too low, lol

once you sit in them you'll see what I mean (I'm over 6'4" and I find them low as, lol)

im about to buy me some vision super lows are they really to low cause im 6.4aswell and i need some headspace in ma car

EK1.6LCIV
19-02-2009, 05:25 PM
theyre rediculously low, you see those pics on the ek section where blokes look like theyre sitting on the floor, those are the rails theyre using

very baller, gangsta, whatever, just if that air bag goes off or a cop looks at em you'll wish you have std ones :D

beeza
19-02-2009, 08:01 PM
My Bride Vios 3 with universal rails is a great height with me being 6' 1" but it really cramps my legs up being that low! I've just adjusted them to tilt back more and I might put a towel under my back/legs to prop me up a bit... see how it goes.