PDA

View Full Version : HID bulbs

_matt07
16-02-2009, 12:08 PM
ok one of my headlights is out and its got a HID system hooked up but i cant tell if the bulb is actually gone or somethign is wrong with the connections/wiring etc.. so

how do u tell if a HID bulb is out (since the working and not working bulbs look identical)

DC:51:VE
16-02-2009, 02:16 PM
lol the same way u check if a light bulb is out man... if any of the wires inside have snapped its out..

if the bulb is tinted n its hard to see inside, try putting it next to ur hear n shaking ti lightly.. if u hear any sort of sound at all, its gone..

turtle187
16-02-2009, 02:31 PM
hey dude, if one side isnt working, take off the both transformers and plug the transformer that is from the working HID into the one that is not working.
once this has been done start your car and try it again.
if it still doesnt work then you know its the bulb if it does work then you know its the transformer:thumbsup::thumbsup:

goodluck

cristian
16-02-2009, 11:19 PM
the buzzing sound should indicate that the transformers are doing what they're supposed to be doing...

na-118
16-02-2009, 11:26 PM
dont switch the transformers, bugger taking it out as cristian said the buzzing soujnd will indicate if the transformers are working its easy just check it as a normal globe, have you got hi and lo beam?

hotdc2
17-02-2009, 01:01 AM
it might not be the globe.. i think they last a fair while.
check the fuse maybe?

turtle187
17-02-2009, 08:22 AM
it wont be the fuse as if it was the fuse, you wont be able to turn on either lights, he has stated that only one side works,
also in regards to switching the transformer its not that hard of a job it took me 5 mins to take it off and check mine out, firstly mine had not worked on the right hand side but after swapping the transformer over it seemed to have work.
so it worked for me

and in regards to the globes they should last up to 5000 hrs

Nepolian
17-02-2009, 08:45 AM
I've seen globes burn out after only a short time for whatever reason!

Just swap with the working globe and go from there.