PDA

View Full Version : EK4 upgrades. Suggestions please.

SiR CRX
16-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I have just bought a dead stock EK4 and I want to start modifying it. I have enough cash to add a full exhaust, intake and some decent wheels. I want to go with a good brand for all items as I don't like to skimp on quality.

I have been looking at a full Spoon exhaust including headers, front pipe and N1 muffler. It is very expensive though and I just want to know if it's worth it. I like the quality of the exhaust and you can't go wrong with Spoon.

For intake I was thinking J's Racing as I love the look of it. Seems like good quality too. Worth it?

Wheels I will probably go with Enkei as I want something nice and light. I'm confused about offsets though. What size/offset do people usually put on EK's? 15's or 16's?

Other bits and pieces I want to get are EK9 lip's front and rear and side skirts and a nicer wing.

I'm also going to do a full service on the car myself so what oils do you suggest and are OEM filters superior to aftermarket? I'm looking for the highest quality available.

Thanks guys :honda:

civicek4
16-02-2009, 01:43 PM
J's Racing intake is a great intake for bottom end. Makes an awesome grunt!

Not too sure about Spoon exhaust though, I chose to go Buddyclub Spec III which makes the car feel like its breather much better. Do a few searches on YouTube on Spoon N1 EK4, you'll find some clips of how it sounds.

But at the end of the day, it all comes down to how much you plan on spending, the aftermarket parts you mentioned are top notch stuff but if you're looking to buy brand new it will definitely hurt the hip pocket, considering how weak the Aussie dollar is to Yen atm.

kriZy
16-02-2009, 02:03 PM
get an Injen CAI <$500

upgrade rear sway bar to 22mm with an OEM EK9 one and an ASR Reinforcement Kit to support it so it doesnt tear off the Subframe.

Coilovers Buddy Club N+ or TEIN SS

SiR CRX
16-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have emailed a few places regarding price and shipping of the Spoon exhaust. Looks like it will be a few grand but they will confirm with me. Has anyone tried the Password JDM intake? The kevlar looks great and it looks to be a similar design to J's Racing.

Any suggestions about engine oil etc?

kriZy
17-02-2009, 12:39 PM
pw jdm intake looks good but i dont think it performs better than injen.

oil.. honda oem is very good and its all over this forum and very cheap 10w30
or you can pay more for a better brand one if you like, like motul oil.

i like elf :)

whoosh!
18-02-2009, 11:44 AM
i got spoon N1 catback...Geez its loud

SiR CRX
18-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Unfortunately I had an EK4 lined up to buy (paid deposit) and the seller has been wanking me around. I pulled out of the sale and cut my losses so now i'm searching for another EK4 :(

kriZy
18-02-2009, 01:16 PM
bad luck

an93l
18-02-2009, 09:39 PM
For exhaust - 5zigen, the mugen twin loop is good.

Wheels for 15" ssr type c are the lightest from what i know (correct me if im wrong)
volk te37 and advan rg, buddyclub ones looks sexy too.

For intake i was told that comptech are pretty good, Js racing, and mugen.

After all the stuff you'll probably want to spend some on tires and maybe ecu might get the best out of it.

zco
18-02-2009, 10:16 PM
buy j's racing coilovers..

bound to increase your handling for sure !
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107513

hehe

tuyen
19-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Unfortunately I had an EK4 lined up to buy (paid deposit) and the seller has been wanking me around. I pulled out of the sale and cut my losses so now i'm searching for another EK4 :(

You are very lucky mate. My mate in Perth too is selling his 97' ek4 with mods for rediculously cheap as he is moving state. I will pm you the details.

EK1.6LCIV
20-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Honda oil and filters ftw :D

and if it doesnt come with a cxi lip get that from Honda as well, really sets the EK4 off :D