PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Honda Accord EXi - First Car, First Project.

marshyishere
16-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey Guys, I'm what you would call a noob to the automotive scene. Finally got my first car which I am still paying off and am looking to slowly fix it up. Picked up a 1993 Honda Accord EXi for $4100, at this point in time it does sound quite pricey, but when I was looking at cars the market was up and cars were not as cheap as they currently are.

To the point anyway. I have nearly payed this car off and am looking to slowly upgrade her, so in the end I will not have a car loan and still have a respectable looking car that is exciting to drive. The electrical side of the Accord amazes me for it's age, as well as the condition of the engine.

So far I have ripped out the broken radio and cracked open the engine only to find I have a worn camshaft and head, which I am in the process of replacing. Took quite an effort to find some spare parts to replace. So now I want to start working on the actual cosmetics of the car.

I have googled to death places in Australia, specifically WA looking for anywhere which supply Body Kits, Spoilers, Racing Seats and the like, however I have had barely any luck.

Could anyone out there lend me a hand and point me in the right direction to some suppliers that may be able to help me out?

Cheers in advance,
Marshy

TONTON
16-02-2009, 06:32 PM
h22a swap ftw

marshyishere
16-02-2009, 06:43 PM
h22a swap ftw
Definitely something I may look at doing down the road, however for now I am just focusing on cosmetic changes.

FAT VTI
16-02-2009, 08:07 PM
18s, coilovers lowering it 2.5inches, h22a swap or at least f22b1 swap, replace headlights then get ur bodykit.

marshyishere
16-02-2009, 09:37 PM
18s, coilovers lowering it 2.5inches, h22a swap or at least f22b1 swap, replace headlights then get ur bodykit.
Exactlly what I was thinking, similar taste I guess.

Would you be able to help me out by showing me where I can get these things done properly at high quality shops?

I've been looking at 18 inch gunmetal rims but I also want highlights put on them in the same colour as my ride, how would I go about that?

FAT VTI
17-02-2009, 08:22 AM
easy mate, you can either buy inserts in the wheels which can be removed and painted, or you can pretty much just buy the wheel and have them painted specifically in special paint made for wheels.....my brother had it done to a set of wheels and came out pretty awesome.

18s- any decent wheel shop around ur area (im from syd so can't really help alot)
coilovers- www.titanmotorsports.com however shitty exchange rate so coilovers might set u back too much , maybe just source some lowering springs from k-mac and get them to post them too you (google k-mac and see if they'd post to u)
h22a or f22b1- wreckers around your area
headlights-ebay but again crappy exchange rate. U should definately get stanley ones as I feel they fit a whole lot better but some others will work...hit and miss though

whtdc2
24-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey Guys, I'm what you would call a noob to the automotive scene. Finally got my first car which I am still paying off and am looking to slowly fix it up. Picked up a 1993 Honda Accord EXi for $4100, at this point in time it does sound quite pricey, but when I was looking at cars the market was up and cars were not as cheap as they currently are.

I looking to buying 1 this weekend, but they ask for 5.5K then yours is cheap. Can you post some pictures??

FAT VTI
24-02-2009, 02:56 PM
I looking to buying 1 this weekend, but they ask for 5.5K then yours is cheap. Can you post some pictures??

there is a forum dedicated to "how much did you pay for your accord?"

exi wouldnt really be worth 5.5k in my opinion, maybe 5 but yeah, it's missing alot of features that is vti or vti-s brothers have....f22b1(vtec) to begin.

whtdc2
24-02-2009, 03:38 PM
can we still get/buy after market parts (sure as suspension) for 90~93 Accord...?? Thanks

CB7_OWNER
28-02-2009, 09:00 PM
can we still get/buy after market parts (sure as suspension) for 90~93 Accord...?? Thanks

Sure can! In the states the parts for 90-96 accords are very readily availble..and keep in mind that the 90-93(CB) accord and the 93-96/97(CD) accord share the same suspension components and can be interchanged =)

I myself, have got a koni + neuspeed setup from US wen the xchange rate was quite good,... a whiteline rear sway that was made for the 93-97(CD) accord, and an egay front strut bar

FAT VTI
28-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Sure can! In the states the parts for 90-96 accords are very readily availble..and keep in mind that the 90-93(CB) accord and the 93-96/97(CD) accord share the same suspension components and can be interchanged =)

I myself, have got a koni + neuspeed setup from US wen the xchange rate was quite good,... a whiteline rear sway that was made for the 93-97(CD) accord, and an egay front strut bar

yeah, just to add the aerodeck (station wagon) cd5 has different suspension to the sedan cd5 and the cb7 sedans.

SiReal
07-03-2009, 04:12 PM
something like this?

- Blackhoused headlights,
- USDM corners with amber clear coat
- legend coupe front lip
- lowering (skunk2s with konis)
- 17" alloys (anything bigger will be stupid on this car due to the small wheel arch and rear suspension setup design)
- colour coding
- foglights, etc etc
- grill

Looking on Aus forums is useless for these cars. go onto cb7tuner.com

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x229/JeffSiReal/Accord%20CB7/IMG_1468e.jpg