PDA

View Full Version : I need some people's wisdom

pooface
16-02-2009, 08:13 PM
- yesterday i kinda went hard once on wet floor from 1st gear through to the end of 2nd gear. In 2nd gear i hit a bump and valve bounced.:(:(:(

- i engine bay clean, could that have been the issue?

i jumped in my car and i cranked over my car. My speedo was fluddering from 1k to 4k rpm and then switch off..:(

i turned the car over and it started and i drove down the street. As i approached a light my car's engine light and flicked on and then my car turned off.i turned my car on and then it started for a couple of seconds then switched off.

i finally got the the petrol station and i checked my engine bay if something was loose like air flow meter and stuff but everything was connected.

I jumped in my car trying to get back home but it was bad, my car kept doing it. Then my car just turned off and couple start for 2-3mins.

i finally got home and now im scared of wat it maybe, i heard hissing sounds coming for the intake manifold area or below it.

Fuzz21
16-02-2009, 08:33 PM
hmm not sure if it will help or not. but sound like what happend my m good mates corolla. but his oil pump shit itself and wasnt sending oil up. dunno if its same prob as urs but it wont hurt to look. u got cai.? maybe sucked water?:confused:

pooface
16-02-2009, 08:45 PM
i do have INJEN, and i did go through a massive puddle, but i did not gas in the puddle and it was fine last night... and today. I drove around normally today and suddenly it happened

Fuzz21
16-02-2009, 08:59 PM
hmmm. u could have a look inside the tb and see if its wet. or check the dizzy incase that got wet.

B18cEG
16-02-2009, 09:02 PM
if you hear a hissing then it is probably an air leak, what have u done to the motor other than the cai? i dont think a valve would bounce from just hitting a bump while at high revs, see if you can pinpoint exactly where u can here the leak/hissing.

Fuzz21
16-02-2009, 09:05 PM
didnt even read the hissing part. lol

pooface
17-02-2009, 02:30 AM
ive got I/H/E plus ecu. im scared on the outcome or im just thinking negative

B18cEG
17-02-2009, 04:31 AM
find exactly where u hear this hissing

TODA AU
17-02-2009, 06:51 AM
- i engine bay clean, could that have been the issue?

i jumped in my car and i cranked over my car. My speedo was fluddering from 1k to 4k rpm and then switch off..:(

i turned the car over and it started and i drove down the street. As i approached a light my car's engine light and flicked on and then my car turned off.i turned my car on and then it started for a couple of seconds then switched off.

Clear all of the engine loom plugs of water & degreaser from when you cleaned the engine bay. (Compressed air works best)
You may have to replace the speedo drive now as they corrode if you don't clear the water imediatly after cleaning your engine bay.
The hissing sound is likley the injen & a bit of paranoia.
Check for any vacuum lines that may be off in any case.

pooface
17-02-2009, 04:40 PM
hey adrian, i got my thermo replaced on thursday after i got annoyed doing it. i went to a local mechanic

They seemed doggy but i thought its only a thermostat, so i got them to but it in. The bolt on the thermo which has the ecu earthing wire attached to it was loose. that was the problem... idiots
thankyou people that gave insight and thumbs up adrian:thumbsup:

TODA AU
17-02-2009, 05:13 PM
LOL... No worries...
What wonders can be achieved with just a phone call. :p
Btw: You should edit out the name of the place in your post.
It's really not important & it's a pretty simple mistake.

For those trying to decipher this thread, here a little background into what the problem was.
The main ECU earth is attached to the engine at the coolant thermostat housing. (Next to engine coolant thermo fan switch)
If this earth is loose the car will have some really odd & intermittent run problems...
Eg: Engine can suddenly stall for no reason, then will fail to re-start... After a short time it will start again etc...
If it is disconnected, the car will not run at all.
In any case, as the engine coolant thermostat was replaced,
On completion of the task, tensioning of the 10mm bolt was likely overlooked (by chance)