PDA

View Full Version : Water leak

jayson
17-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey guys, i got a eg5 civic. when its been raining there has been a puddle accumulating under the passanger seat / a bit infront of it as well. doesn't seem to be leaking from the front or the sides.... i dont know where the leak is coming from :S can anyone help me?

Frankie
17-02-2009, 03:15 PM
ther might a hole under the carpet might be comin from underneath, look under the car. There usually like a drain plug maybe that might of come off. Mates car had the same problem. Also it could be your air conditioning leaking

dsp26
17-02-2009, 03:42 PM
leak around the firewall.. it happens to a lot of cars

kcokla
17-02-2009, 05:01 PM
so how to fix?

Frankie
17-02-2009, 05:10 PM
take to auto eletrical or mechanic

kcokla
17-02-2009, 07:26 PM
hi jayson
ive got the same problem as u if u check the my thread in the same section
ive spoken to a knowledgeable person on ozh about it so i thought id pass along the information
open your door, passenger side and ull see a rubber tube thing between the hindges of the door connecting the door to the body of the car,
check the rubber tube is connected properly (it hides your wires from ur speakers and power windows and such) that could be A problem
or,
turn ur steering wheel to the far left as much as possible , park the car, and get a torch and check the wheel arch area and inside as much as possible to the blinker rubber tube thing (same thing as the door one except for blinkers)

as for my problem, i noticed it has more when it rains (obviously) and WHILE i drive.

hope this heals
i suggest u check ur entire car too to make sure its that area u described and only there

jayson
17-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys i'll have a look at it, yeah this problem only occurs when its raining, when its pissing down allot it left a MASSIVE puddle on the passanger side. i'll check it out on the weekend cause i dont have time during the weekdays due to work