PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro CL9 clips

unity
17-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Could any please tell me how many clips there are supposed to be on the underneath sides of the front bumper panel?

power_of_dreams
17-02-2009, 06:18 PM
are you talking about the ones underneath the car which hold the front bumper itself?

unity
17-02-2009, 07:02 PM
They dont hold the actual bumper up. The are located on the underneath on the sides and conect to some plastic stuff

power_of_dreams
17-02-2009, 07:12 PM
They dont hold the actual bumper up. The are located on the underneath on the sides and conect to some plastic stuff

the ones that hold it to the plastic shield then?
there is supposed to be pretty much a clip for every hole as obvious as it sounds.

Off the top of my head I have broken a fair few of them and probably only have 6 left plus the 2 bolts.

unity
17-02-2009, 07:49 PM
the ones that hold it to the plastic shield then?
there is supposed to be pretty much a clip for every hole as obvious as it sounds.

Off the top of my head I have broken a fair few of them and probably only have 6 left plus the 2 bolts.

There are two holes on both the left and right underneath sides. I have one clip on both sides. But I'm not sure if there should be another clip on both sides where there is an empty whole. Honda service told me there should be two clips on either side, whereas the panel beater that fixed my car said that there should only be one.

power_of_dreams
17-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Doesn't really matter to be honest. Nothing is going to fall off.

aaronng
17-02-2009, 11:51 PM
There are two holes on both the left and right underneath sides. I have one clip on both sides. But I'm not sure if there should be another clip on both sides where there is an empty whole. Honda service told me there should be two clips on either side, whereas the panel beater that fixed my car said that there should only be one.

Should have only 1 clip and 1 bolt on the side. The empty hole is for when you install the front lip kit.

unity
18-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks again aarong. So the panel beater that fixed my car was right. Makes me wonder just how well Honda service centres really know their Hondas!!!!

unity
18-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Doesn't really matter to be honest. Nothing is going to fall off.

That's true. But my car was being repaired so might as well get it done properly.