PDA

View Full Version : Lower Profile tyres on 06 Sports Rims

tmy
17-02-2009, 08:59 PM
I have an 06 sport, my tyres are still legal, but am just thinking, when i do go to replace them, is it possible to get a much lower profile tyre to fit the rim?

Really nub question :(

ej20i
17-02-2009, 11:51 PM
ummm of corz mate, but why?is ur car lowered?

markCivicVti
18-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Yes you can, but it may not be legal (load rating and overal diameter no more than 2" difference from stock).

Normall if you want lower profile tyre you'd get bigger rims... so that the overall diameter is the same. If you change the diameter then the speedo will be out. Search and you'll find helpful calculators for tyre/rim changes.

tmy
18-02-2009, 09:06 AM
ummm of corz mate, but why?is ur car lowered?

At the moment no. But im more then happy to buy a set of coilovers to solve that issue.

Yes you can, but it may not be legal (load rating and overal diameter no more than 2" difference from stock).

Normall if you want lower profile tyre you'd get bigger rims... so that the overall diameter is the same. If you change the diameter then the speedo will be out. Search and you'll find helpful calculators for tyre/rim changes.

Thanks mate.

I'd get bigger rims, but i quiet like the stockers, Never use to... But they have grown on me.

Cheers lads.

black8thgen
18-02-2009, 04:59 PM
hmm whats ur point in getting lower profile tyres though?

ej20i
18-02-2009, 05:30 PM
i think it will look nice if ur car is lowered with like a 45 profile and nothing thinner...wads the profile now anywae?

Sherweeeny
18-02-2009, 05:36 PM
it will look like your wheels are retardedly small, and really wouldnt do much to boost the looks of the car... why dont you just buy some 80% treaded hyundai excel rims? it will look about the same...

dmx
18-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Don't do it.

Normall if you want lower profile tyre you'd get bigger rims... so that the overall diameter is the same.If you change the diameter then the speedo will be out. Search and you'll find helpful calculators for tyre/rim changes.

tmy
20-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah i don't want bigger rims.

Just wanted to make it look unique.

None the less, thanks for the input.

OLD MAN
20-02-2009, 06:03 PM
it will look like your wheels are retardedly small, and really wouldnt do much to boost the looks of the car... why dont you just buy some 80% treaded hyundai excel rims? it will look about the same...

LOL, don't know about retarded but yes, the rims will look too small.