PDA

View Full Version : Want to make my CD5 into a Jap style VIP car..thoughts??

BT1_BOY
18-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey guys,

as the topic states, im looking to turn my 1994 Cd5 accord into a jap style VIP car. Dont want to do the usual Commodore VIP style where u just lower it as much as you can the put the biggest rims you can find on. I want to make it tasteful

I just want to gauge peoples opinions and if anyone want to give suggestions or can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

Ok so ill give you a run down of the car. Its a Auto (gay i know lol) 1994 Accord Exi(no vtec for me lol) , midnight blue, and its 100% standard. the engine is running A1 mechanically its got 150XXX genuine one owner kms.

Im thinking of now putting some 18" rims on it, but Jap rims. SO they are going to be wide.

Im wanting to lower it, prob just on King or K-mac springs, maybe 2-3 imches, depending on how the wheels fit.
As for thw wheels i obviously want Jap rims.. Im thinking SSR Proff's the chrome ones. I know wat your all thinking there is no way ur going to fit 18x8.5 +30 (59mm dish) rims on it, but hear me out, and this is where i may need your help. I will deffanetly need guard work, so i am wanting to roll and prob flare the guards (has anyone had experience with this before?)

Also the rims are different sizes
18x8.5 +30 (59mm dish)
18x9.5 +18 (90mm dish)

^^ is that going to be an issue??

ill post pics of the rims and also post pics of other rims im thinking of using.
Also as i said before, if you have got ay suggestions, please tell me, and if you think this idea is not possible or you thik its just dumb, say that aswell, but if you are going to bag the idea please back it up with reasons and then suggest me something else to do.

thanks

-Peter

i hope these pics worked..

The pic of the s13 is another type of rim i want.. i just dont know wat they are, ne1 know?? for some reason the pics isnt working.. but im pretty sure the rims are Fab. Profounds

why arnt the other pics i wanna post working? gay as lol. well neway its a pic of a chaser with the SSR's on it, just showing you the look im going for , but im sure you guys can picture it http://nissansilvia.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=271829&st=4350 <=== use that link and make sure ur on page 146, about half way down Post #4364 .. its the white chaser!! thats the exact fit im going for

They are not scratches, there just wet
http://www.j-imports.com.au/uParts/SSR4H3A.jpg

TECDUP
18-02-2009, 04:51 PM
definately not following the trend! lol

I used to have a CD5 years back, had similar plans but wanted to put 17's and slam it! i think 18's maybe a little excessive but if you can make it work then do what will make you happy!!!

TECDUP
18-02-2009, 04:54 PM
just looked at your link...the BMW one past after the chaser you are talking about looks hot as!!!

im not trying to change your mind but maybe you could consider something similar for your accord...looks alot meaner rather than the all show no go image!

BT1_BOY
18-02-2009, 05:21 PM
^^ ye i could put TE37's on it.. i was thinking about it, actually..

c'mon people, there has to be some1 on these forums who can help me

sleepy1386
19-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I got an 08 accord and am plannin 2 do mine up VIP style also. I would say put these rims on, see if there r clearance issues. But I rkn if the rim stick out jus a bit will look jus nice!!! Lowering is a must, clear indicators. Also get a body kit that is not 2 racing looking, get the 1s that jus flares out and if u can, get a duck tail spoiler. Hope this can help~

CB7_OWNER
22-02-2009, 05:06 PM
If its VIP, im taking u wont be taking corners hard, and if ur not taking corners hard, then i can use spacers to make those rims, im assuming wif such a low offest, your definately going to need guards rolled and possibly flared..,

[ IV 23 VI ]
25-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi mate,

The choice of rim and size of the rim is not VIP,

This is more a racer/Drift wheel.

1JZ_Z20
01-03-2009, 03:58 PM
VIP is all about fitment and stance. from there you can work to anything. ive had expirience with rolling guards with a roller and a poll (OG JDM style) and the roller poses as a way better choice as long as you have patients to do it slowly aand have a heat gun to back up your paint. without these, youd kill your paint and bowe the shape of your arches.

since your going on VIP spec and i dont think youd be going for performance, best bet to get that look is the deep dish work eurolines (not sure on the name) nice rim but pretty exspensive but depending on how much you wanna spend, viennas arent too bad or the work equips for the drift/vip.

i know tyre stretch is against what everyone says but why not since your not pushing this car hard..looks great aslong as you get it right with the wheel.

id say more but i think id get pretty bagged for it on this site.lol.pm me for more ideas.

BT1_BOY
01-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Ye i rekon im going to go with SSR Viennas now