PDA

View Full Version : Gen 2 Specific.

Jon_51
22-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi, I have a 93 Ls and I was wondering, who else out there has a g2?, have you done anything to it?, Was it worthwhile?, Would you do it again?,
I'm interested in any aspect of modification, engine, intake, exhaust, suspension, interior, aesthetics, where you got it from/done/DIY anything.
Thanks.

tinkerbell
22-10-2004, 12:09 PM
i did all my sussy upgrade myself, and all my engine swaps, and the car came complete with a JDM interior complete with JDM retractable mirrors and digital climate control...

i swaped the B16A out and put a B20VTEC engine in (CRV block + CRX head)

i pulled 13.72 @ 101mph at WSID in Drag Combat.

the car is written off (last weekend) and all parts are for sale including the B16A powertrain, the adustable shocks, the JDM interior and anything else on it...

here is a pic:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~joannepulis/sparefiles/tegkksmedium.jpg

mooshie
23-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Oh Hell! thats tragic... mmm I wonder though how hard would the climate control be to install in an Aussie delivered teg. anyway, back on topic there are heaps of things you can do to your teggy susp. and drivetrain is similar to the 3rd gen and some civics however cosmetics can sometimes be a little difficult to find (bodykits etc.) you gotta love the low early '90s honda look hey?

Enigma
08-11-2004, 10:15 PM
I was wondering how much u wanted for the B16A engine?

tinkerbell
09-11-2004, 09:29 AM
yeap - it is $1500 for everything needed to fit into a DA6/9

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=157782

mooshie - the climate control stuff will swap over, as will the retractable mirrors... just need to strip it ALL out and refit it to your car... i also have a spare climate control unit too...

Dxs
11-11-2004, 03:59 PM
i am a little confused..
tinkerbell are u saying ur gen 2 was an import.. like a Xsi?

if so how did you come about it, was it just being sold or did u import it urself?

tinkerbell
11-11-2004, 04:11 PM
nah where does it say i said it is an import?

i *think* someone retrofitted a JDM Xsi teg interior/engine/parts to the car after an accident...?

(or the car is a rebirthed jap import)

but i really dunno at all, 'cause it has a AUDM complaince plate and AUDM chassis number - but ALL the parts on it are JDM - even the rear hatch glass and rear lower control arms were JDM Xsi?

Dxs
11-11-2004, 05:38 PM
u never said it was an import, but u never said it was audm either..
i just thought it was possible seeming though the car contain a lot of jdm stock stuff and a b16a..

edit: so how much did u buy it for when it was b16?

tinkerbell
11-11-2004, 06:39 PM
hey - to this day i REALLY dont know what the origin of the car is.

legally (due to the firewall chassis stamp) it is AUDM, but everything about it is JDM, even the rear speaker covers, door trims with 'please lock the door' stickers in japanese, flare holder, lap-sash rear seat belts...

so who would have gone to that much trouble - even before JDM became cool?

PLUS - when i called Honda to ask of the VIN number they said that the car was red - but there is no sign anywhere that the body was red, the engine bay and boot are all grey - weird huh?

anyways - I bought it for $6800, but i was arm twisting a bit...

Dxs
11-11-2004, 09:02 PM
hahaha wicked.. sounds like an import..
i wouldnt mind a b16a gen 2..

did u end up having any overall problems with the car? Any other useful gen 2 info u can think of?

toE
11-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Keep the replies to the topic.

Dxs
12-11-2004, 02:57 PM
the topic is "Gen 2 specific", i think i/we were on topic u nazi

tinkerbell
12-11-2004, 04:55 PM
i concur :)

the only problem i had with the car was that the boot leaked, and that is seriously about the worst of it...

it was pretty much the same to mod as any other integra, i almost put DC2R coil-overs on it as i worked out you can swap the rear lower control arms and the front lower shock fork and they *should* have fitted, but i went with a whiteline coilover sleeve and Koni yellow shock combo - great on the track and OK on the road...

the worst thing about the car was its lack of ABS!!!