PDA

View Full Version : Suspension noise from front right

joelb
20-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi All

I have a 2008 Honda Civic Vti. Since about 1000km there has been a knocking noise from the front right suspension. Whenever the suspension rises and falls further than normal a single click or knock can be heard.

I just cannot reproduce it when i want to.

Anyone else had this noise?:eek:

aero
22-02-2009, 12:11 AM
i get a creaking kind of noise whenever my suspension on my vti rises and falls. however mine's most likely because i had to have the whole of my right side of my vti repaired... (accident with a truck)

prav
22-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I had this issue on my other car, the noise CAN be serious as in the case of my old car the wheel hub was buggered, this only happens to an old car so I dont know why it is happening with yours. It can also be dodgy shocks.

I would take it into the dealer ASAP.

edmbranch
23-02-2009, 10:48 PM
i've got the same problem.. only on my fd1.. brought it to a honda dealer and they brushed it off as the car being in the "break-in" period.. it's still making the same noise after 1 year.. my fd2 doesn't have the same problem..

seiyaz
24-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Yes mine does too, at the back right hand side suspension. It does that when it goes over a sharp speed bump or out of driveway with a big drop. Freaked me out the first time. Haven't had time to get it checked, still under warranty, 7k on the clock. I also got dash noise on uneven roads, really annoying me.

Muzzy
24-02-2009, 09:24 AM
My mates old Holden Commodore does this exact same noise. I think from memory he got it checked and they said it wasn't anything serious. We've been driving it since and apart from the annoying noise there hasn't been any issues.

Since yours is a new car I would definately get it checked by the dealer. Shouldn't happen.