PDA

View Full Version : water leaking into my ek4

jay_freaker
21-02-2009, 03:07 PM
hey guys, past week in sydney it has been raining. and that weeek i realized that my passenger is leaking water. its a slow drip, would that be the seals? also on my driver side door, i hear water dripping inside the door, would water be going through the window seals and leaking inside to my door?

another problem is my rear seats and boot. bits of the rear seats are wet, and one side of my boots wet. there is no leaks from the roof, all windows closed.
few days ago i stripped my car, and today it rained a bit, i found it had water in it again. what is the problem with that?

if it is the seals, where can i get it fixed, or would a honda dealership serivce fix that?
(sorry for the long story) thanks

simonnowis
21-02-2009, 03:19 PM
prob the door seal leaking, try to identify the exact spot by pouring water on the area, might be rip or crack in seals.
the boot leak is the rear tail light gasket ripped or worn, you can replace with foam from clark rubber and/or silicone the gasket to the taillight.

Mugen_B16B
21-02-2009, 03:25 PM
has ur car ever been broken into? check the seals make sure there not ripped cause i had this same problem on my old ek, seals shouldnt cost to much from honda brand new or u could go wreckers but they prob be all dried up and about had it

BaoWow
21-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Do have you got a sunroof...cos i had a similar prob. with leakage..make sure all drainage holes are unblocked. Good luck

jay_freaker
22-02-2009, 03:11 PM
i noe the door is most likely the seals..
the boot seems like its running down from the sides so i guess it might be the tail light as mentioned.
i do have a sunroof, but it doesnt seem like its leaking. plus where its wet, the leak from sunroof wont get to.

thank guys.