PDA

View Full Version : axleback question / flanges bla bla

MWAKU
21-02-2009, 07:09 PM
So I'm looking to buy a twinloop axleback, and i just really wanna see how it will sound on my car now, i had one on my EG carby, but i forgot how loud it was compared to stock.

So... i wanna buy the twinloop and attach it to my stock piping, but i don't wanna weld it, cause if its too loud, then i have to re weld the stock one back on, and cbf.

So basically, i wanna ask, if i buy a flange, and weld it onto the twinloop, will it bolt on to the stock pipe? so.. are all flanges the same size or some won't fit on stock piping flange.

secondly, where do i purchase flanges from, im guessing all good exhaust shops will have em? roughly from you guys experience, how much have u seen them around for?

Thanks.

mrwillz
21-02-2009, 07:21 PM
any exhaust shop should be able to make a 'axel back' for your twinloop to fit onto your stock piping

remember to keep your old muffler so u can just bolt it on and off yourself

MWAKU
21-02-2009, 07:28 PM
yeah thats what im doing. keeping the stock one so when i need to, i can just rebolt it on, and if i dun like the twinloop, put stock back on.

hmm, tho some exhaust shops are rip offs, so yeah, id rather just get the flanging and welding done at some place for cheap, and bolt it on at my mechanic for cheap.

Limbo
21-02-2009, 09:55 PM
i've seen these mechanics and their bolt on jobs, u end up paying twice in the end for the work

MWAKU
21-02-2009, 11:27 PM
meh i payed 30$ for them to take my stock one off (from header) and put my aftermarket( from the header) on/