PDA

View Full Version : Problem Help!!!!

TEASIN^U
22-02-2009, 05:01 PM
I got a 1990 Honda Integra and its having problems starting up
i would turn the key it wants to start but it doesnt i thought it would of been the fuel pump got that change but it still doesnt work, it will only work sometimes and then it wont start. Its like fuel not getting in or something like that.

YBOOST
22-02-2009, 05:13 PM
check ur spark, might be leads or fouled up sparkplugs

TEASIN^U
22-02-2009, 05:22 PM
check ur spark, might be leads or fouled up sparkplugs

If its the leads or spark then the car wouldn't work at all
but the car will work fine some day and then it wont work at all at other times

Rehaan Khan
22-02-2009, 07:59 PM
maybe its ya starter motor thats causing the problem...or could be ya battery terminals...clean the battery terminals n try again...

anjin
22-02-2009, 08:45 PM
That sounds just like a main relay problem. The main relay supplies power to the fuel pump and the ecu. They are known to start failing as the soldered joints get 'dry' (read deteriorate).
Listen for your fuel pump when you turn on the ignition but before you turn to start - it should make a whirring noise for 2 to 5 seconds and then turn off. (that short burst pressurises the fuel system. When the motor starts the fuel pump starts again. If the engine stops then the fuel pump stops after a couple of seconds - safety measure to stop the fuel still being pumped out if you crash and don't turn off the key)
You don't hear the pump but still get the starter turning over when you turn the key all the way that's 98% main relay.

Easy enough to get a replacement, but they are costly - $80 to $130. And an absolute pain to get to - they are usually on the side metal on the drivers side up under the dash, along with a set of other relays. Personally I'd get the old terminal disconnected, hook up the replacement to the terminal and plastic tie into the dash somewhere. Leave the old one in place.
If you are up to it, you can open the relay up and resolder the terminal ends.

Ashwee
22-02-2009, 08:45 PM
distributor might be on the way out

Rehaan Khan
01-03-2009, 08:35 PM
it also could be ur fuel injectors, i had that problem b4, my injectors were leaking, after a while it didnt start at all....

g_kn
02-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Check your spark plugs first, its the cheapest alternative.

Distributor could be on its way out, try changing Rotor button and cap.