PDA

View Full Version : The New Civic Squeaking Noise When Breaking?

applio
23-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I hear this squealing when I apply the breaks. It is more like a squealing and grinding noise coming from front wheel. it only happens at really low speeds. and it happen after the car done the 20k service.

i bring the car back to dealer when my 30k service due, and they said it was just dirty, and they just cleaned up for me, and it was just ok until the next day, same noise happen.....

anyone having the same issue?

PMM
23-02-2009, 10:41 AM
i have the exact same problem - dealer said all they had to do was clean brake disks, seemed fine - two days later was squeaking again.

any help would be appreciated!

markCivicVti
23-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I think we need to stop creating a thread every time something as minor as this happens. Honestly, if you have a good case for it being a design fault then post it up here...

But for the record, No I don't have this issue. It could be the back of the brake pads didn't have the lube or anti squeel plate thingo on.

Type S Tony
23-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I think we need to stop creating a thread every time something as minor as this happens. Honestly, if you have a good case for it being a design fault then post it up here...

But for the record, No I don't have this issue. It could be the back of the brake pads didn't have the lube or anti squeel plate thingo on.

Man A new civic with less than 30,000k's on wont be suffering from lack of lube!

markCivicVti
23-02-2009, 11:00 AM
*If* they replace the brake pads... normally either some lube (or I think a anti squeel plate) goes on the back. Sometimes it's the non contact side of the brake pad that makes the squeel...

cracker
23-02-2009, 11:14 AM
this isnt minor man 30 thou is early 2 have breaks squeekin innit?

Type S Tony
23-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Look its really up to the individual situation, I mean lets not get hasty now! maybe he was a little hard on the breaks one day & whilst he was driving he drove through a puddle of water which supercooled the discs & pads & thats why their a little squekky now!

markCivicVti
23-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Don't know... but it's not like the FDs have a unique braking system.

warwick108
23-02-2009, 11:35 AM
whos to say weather 30k is to early or now.. he maybe heavy footed.. and drives like a maniac.

Stig
23-02-2009, 12:54 PM

yeah im also kind of getting sick of these threads getting posted up, its starting to give me the shits

btw i dont have any squeeking of brakes, nearly done 20k kms

ekdez
23-02-2009, 01:04 PM
yeah im also kind of getting sick of these threads getting posted up, its starting to give me the shits

thats because they belong in the noob section.

black8thgen
23-02-2009, 02:09 PM
ive done 2k and my brakes are fine =D. hehehe.

applio
23-02-2009, 03:41 PM
whos to say weather 30k is to early or now.. he maybe heavy footed.. and drives like a maniac.

well the car only 1yr old, and still got 65% pad at front and 70% at back, is freeway frequently.

well i think i m gonna keep going back to the dealer until they get it fix properly...

Sherweeeny
24-02-2009, 06:51 PM

oh yeah, id heaps rather look at threads of stock civics with hubcaps and massive bodykits and wings. woo.

isnt this a technical forum too? or just a how-to-rice forum?

aero
24-02-2009, 11:30 PM
i actually do have this problem. my vti has only done less than 25000kms. after my 20k service it did stop squeaking, but the next day, there it was... its a bit irrtating because it is quite loud. :(

applio
25-02-2009, 11:58 AM
i actually do have this problem. my vti has only done less than 25000kms. after my 20k service it did stop squeaking, but the next day, there it was... its a bit irrtating because it is quite loud. :(

did you report this issue with the dealer? what did you say?

Sherweeeny
25-02-2009, 01:20 PM
mine squeaks like a bitch, and did when it was newer too but not so much. at this stage, your discs are too new to machine so honda will not really do anything about it till there is a bit of age, otherwise your brake life will decrease, so i guess you have to deal with it!

applio
25-02-2009, 02:07 PM
mine squeaks like a bitch, and did when it was newer too but not so much. at this stage, your discs are too new to machine so honda will not really do anything about it till there is a bit of age, otherwise your brake life will decrease, so i guess you have to deal with it!

ummm i don't know, already book-in for the check, and see what they can do with it.

Sherweeeny
25-02-2009, 08:04 PM
good luck!

brokenback
27-02-2009, 08:54 PM
I hear this squealing when I apply the breaks. It is more like a squealing and grinding noise coming from front wheel. it only happens at really low speeds. and it happen after the car done the 20k service.

i bring the car back to dealer when my 30k service due, and they said it was just dirty, and they just cleaned up for me, and it was just ok until the next day, same noise happen.....

anyone having the same issue?

Yes...Lots of disc pad squeal:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101015

Has done so since about 500Klms onwards. Now done 13,000Klms.

Dealer has machined discs & changed front pads at 5K extra service (the noise was too great to wait to 10K service).
Replaced Discs & new pads at 10K service.

Service Dept told us if it happens again then it is not a Honda problem but a driver issue...WTF!:thumbdwn:

Would love to hear more from you as I suspect it's pads. Or maybe I'll just go & get some Bendix pads & fix it myself.