PDA

View Full Version : Vtec conversion or LS Vtec

aussiemale
23-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Has anyone heard about vtec conversion? is it any good?

TODA AU
23-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Easy, works well.
Same process as B20 (basicly)

IZY-10
23-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Has anyone heard about vtec conversion? is it any good?

no but it sounds interesting:cool:

hotdc2
24-02-2009, 11:17 AM
do you mean swapping say a GSI engine for a VTEC? or VTECing a gsi, can that even be done?
I'm interested in any info you dig up man would like to get me some vtec

Q_ball
24-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Can you get any vaguer with your question? >.<
Dont ppl know how to proof read these days??

Moved.

[ricer]
24-02-2009, 11:49 AM
VTECing a gsi, can that even be done?
I'm interested in any info you dig up man would like to get me some vtec

you need a vtec head and conversion kit
and an ecu as well

aussiemale
24-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks for your posted . has anyone know where can I get Vtec engine swap or Vtec conversion in Melbourne ? Thanks

hotdc2
25-02-2009, 01:38 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GOLDEN-EAGLE-FULL-VTEC-CONVERSION-KIT-CRV-B20-B20VTEC_W0QQitemZ170299010006QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ 20090201?IMSfp=TL0902011110004r32754

Been looking into it bit i'm still abit confused myself. Can anyone go into more detail with the vtec conversion for a 99 gsi integra? IE. What else is need other than the golden eagle conversion kit? Where to buy (ecu and head) and what brands as well. Will the engine operate the same as a stock engine? Anything else you might want to chuck in, pros and cons etc.

Not meaning to steal your thread aussiemale but i think we might need to be a bit more specific to get some answers.

Cheers

dudeling7
25-02-2009, 02:16 AM
to make full use of a ls/vtec setup you should at least do the following

1. Acquire a VTEC head (B16A, B16B, B18C1, B18C7)

2. Get a Golden Eagle conversion or any other kit (many on the market)

3. Get an ECU that suits and better yet get a fully standalone ecu (powerfc or hondata etc) in which you can re-tune toget the full potential of the change.

4. Get a shorter ratio b series gearbox as the GSi gear box has pretty long ratios which will make you fall out of vtec through the gears.

5. Upgrade the rod bolts as this is the weakest link in the Gsi bottom end. While doing this you might want to change the pistons, B16 work well to raise the compression.

6. You can do much more than this to improve the reliability of the engine but im pretty sure i've covered the basics if not someone correct me lol its late at night

jdm_b16a
25-02-2009, 07:17 AM
to make full use of a ls/vtec setup you should at least do the following

1. Acquire a VTEC head (B16A, B16B, B18C1, B18C7)

2. Get a Golden Eagle conversion or any other kit (many on the market)

3. Get an ECU that suits and better yet get a fully standalone ecu (powerfc or hondata etc) in which you can re-tune toget the full potential of the change.

4. Get a shorter ratio b series gearbox as the GSi gear box has pretty long ratios which will make you fall out of vtec through the gears.

5. Upgrade the rod bolts as this is the weakest link in the Gsi bottom end. While doing this you might want to change the pistons, B16 work well to raise the compression.

6. You can do much more than this to improve the reliability of the engine but im pretty sure i've covered the basics if not someone correct me lol its late at night

To be honest I don't know why you even bother to post up this information. The VTEC conversion (either a straight swap for say a B16A or B18C, or a hybrid VTEC head on a non-VTEC block) probably has had more discussion on the Internet than the old question "Is there a God?".

A simple search through GOOGLE will throw up more info than the Encyclopaedia Britannica. There are whole sites devoted to How To ... and complete lists of parts required.

C'mon guys, do a bit of research before asking questions like this. :cool:

Besides its not the sort of question that can be answered in one or two posts!

Peter

hotdc2
25-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Calm down mate, I told you that I was looking into it but I needed someone to clarify. Why would i spend an eternity googling the topic so i can become infinitely knowledgable about it when there are people on this forum who already have such knowledge? Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm quite sure that's the intent of a forum. And instead of posting your useless comments here (thus wasting more of your 'precious' time) you could have maybe said something constructive.

If you're sick of covering this topic than find something better to do with your time, rather than being a relentless keyboard warrior.

:thumbdwn: to you, Peter.

jdm_b16a
25-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Look up the word "exaggeration" and get back to me.

Also, subscribed to this thread so that I might reap all the knowledge and wisdom of the OzHonda community that will be posted here in answer to your request.

Now look up "sarcasm"!

R - E - L - A - X

Peter

CoupeTurbo
25-02-2009, 02:01 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GOLDEN-EAGLE-FULL-VTEC-CONVERSION-KIT-CRV-B20-B20VTEC_W0QQitemZ170299010006QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ 20090201?IMSfp=TL0902011110004r32754

Will the engine operate the same as a stock engine?

Cheers

no it will turn into a race engine, with unlimited power...

Limbo
25-02-2009, 02:02 PM
all a vtec conversion does is use a vtec head & then feed oil from the block to the head for vtec.

Nothing more.

You can run a stock b16 ECU even

THe other stuff above is just extra.

barefootbonzai
25-02-2009, 03:09 PM
you can buy vtec in a bottle these days. you just add it to your fuel and you're off.

jdm_b16a
25-02-2009, 04:22 PM
That's it boys. Keep it up!

I love it!

So, Mr. hotdc2, are you writing all this down? :angel:

Peter

hotdc2
25-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Do you feel good now that a couple of spammers posted in the thread? Clearly you know alot about the topic so why wouldn't you have helped in the first place?

hotdc2
25-02-2009, 05:41 PM
no it will turn into a race engine, with unlimited power...

and i meant stock vtir engine..

jdm_b16a
26-02-2009, 07:04 AM
Do you feel good now that a couple of spammers posted in the thread? Clearly you know alot about the topic so why wouldn't you have helped in the first place?

The first post by 'aussiemale' should have been enough warning for you to realise that any further discussion based on his question would attract nothing but what it got -silly spam comments. If I'd have been you and I was looking for information on doing a VTEC swap/upgrade I would have steered well clear of this thread.

But I hesitate to say that you should have started your own thread because it probably would have copped a similar 'hiding'. Why? For exactly the reasons I gave. I wasn't trying to be smart - just pointing out that you have to do a bit of legwork yourself. No-one can give you all the answers.

Having said that I think you over-reacted to my post. I was more concerned with someone attempting to answer such a complex question in "10 words or less" and the sillines of the original post. What I was trying to say was that it takes much research to really come to grips with what is involved in a VTEC conversion/upgrade, whatever you want to call it. So lighten up and don't take things so personal!

Yes, I have quite a bit of experience with this conversion, and others, and I have spent many, many hours gathering information, compiling it, storing it, sifting through the hearsay and second-hand advice, confirming data, grabbing photos, visiting wreckers, etc so you might then understand that to just come along and say "Hey guys, please give me the answers, I can't be bothered searching myself" attracts disdain, not just from me but almost everyone who has experience with any conversions.

But, hey, I apologise if I offended you.

I got your PM and I'll PM you back. If you want to talk to me, and ask questions, then I'll try and answer them, specific to your situation, as best I can. How's that sound?

Peter

Benson
26-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Dollar for Dollar, just put a vtec conversion in.

If your going for a big turbo set-up down the road, add a vtec head to your ls block for the time being. The gearing will be horrible, but once its turbo'ed that will be a different story

ZeForce
26-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Read this thread.... pretty much covers everything

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1676914

aussiemale
26-02-2009, 07:50 PM
hey Brothers,thanks for your answers .I think all people here know how to use google and research things I raise a question for people here to sharing information and their experience but someone here trying to be a master and selfish if you do not want to share your information and experience so please keep it for yourself .Do not tell people what to do.

hotdc2
27-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Zeforce, that's a fairly helpful thread.. i haven't read all of it but from what i saw before i went to uni today it seemed pretty thorough. Peter, i got your pm I'll get back to you about it tomorrow some time.

SiR CRX
27-02-2009, 03:33 AM
hey Brothers,thanks for your answers .I think all people here know how to use google and research things I raise a question for people here to sharing information and their experience but someone here trying to be a master and selfish if you do not want to share your information and experience so please keep it for yourself .Do not tell people what to do.

What?

Are you sure you're an aussie male? With english like that I can't help but think you're a liar :wave:

NightKids
27-02-2009, 07:41 AM
What?

Are you sure you're an aussie male? With English like that I can't help but think that you're a liar :wave:

C'mon mate give him a break, give him credit for not being one of those V8 hoons. Cause VTEC >>> all V8s

[ricer]
27-02-2009, 11:34 AM
VTEC >>> all V8s

roflmao

aussiemale
27-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey sir crx of cause I'm not aussie ,aussiemale that is a nick name .You are an idiot !

tinkerbell
27-02-2009, 07:46 PM
ibtl!!!