PDA

View Full Version : TEIN Basic for DC5s Experiances? Opinions?

b18c7dc2
24-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Hello.

I have been thinking about getting this for abit now. My primary and only use will be just to drive on the street, so confortable ride is impoartant.

I want the adjustable hieght to make my car look nice too.

I thought about getting the Tein super street, or flex with adjustable soft/hard.

Is Tein Basic softer than super street and flex with them adjusted on the softest settings?

I won't be tracking or I don't drive crazy around the street taking corners at hiegh speeds or anything like that, so just a nice firmish confortable ride, and nice ride hieght is what i'm after.

Will TIEN BASIC FIT MY REQUIREMENTS?

tectalk
24-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Hello.

I have been thinking about getting this for abit now. My primary and only use will be just to drive on the street, so confortable ride is impoartant.

I thought about getting the Tein super street, or flex with adjustable soft/hard.

Is Tein Basic softer than super street and flex with them adjusted on the softest settings?

I won't be tracking or I don't drive crazy around the street taking corners at hiegh speeds or anything like that, so just a nice firmish confortable ride, and nice ride hieght is what i'm after.

PERFECT! (can always trust Tien mate and you wont need better then that if you don't track it have fun )

45SET
24-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Hello.

Sounds like you've already sold the product to yourself.

typesss
24-02-2009, 02:39 PM
I have Tien SS in my Type S and the adjustable setting do certainly come in handy for steet use when you know your going for a long distant drive and you will encounter some **** roads.

Not quite sure how hard the suspension on the basic though.

cupnoodle
24-02-2009, 03:04 PM
What would then differentiate between the SS and the basic?

EDIT: The only difference being that SS is dampener adjustable and BASIC doesn't come with top mounts.

Kyo
24-02-2009, 03:10 PM
looking to low my dc5 for the same reason, how much is a set of TEIN basic?

cupnoodle
24-02-2009, 03:20 PM
looking to low my dc5 for the same reason, how much is a set of TEIN basic?

http://firesport.com.au/otr-big-sale-tein-basic-coil-wheels-shock-brakes--ad130684.htm

$1199 from firesport

b18c7dc2
24-02-2009, 03:36 PM
What would then differentiate between the SS and the basic?

EDIT: The only difference being that SS is dampener adjustable and BASIC doesn't come with top mounts.

I also want to know how soft or hard is TEIN BASIC compared to the softest setting on TIEN SS.

cupnoodle
24-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I also want to know how soft or hard is TEIN BASIC compared to the softest setting on TIEN SS.

ME TOO! I'll probably never visit the track and rarely attack the corners are blinding speeds. Can anyone with TEIN BASIC compare the stiffness/comfort to the stock sussy?

I can't justify paying $2k for anything at the moment, let alone an SS.

SiReal
27-02-2009, 02:57 PM
just some food for thought, i've never used tein basic, BUT, tein basic damper and spring rates might end up being softer than your stock stuff, hence degrading cornering performance and handling.

this is the biggest dilemma i have in buying suspension for a type R. Please ensure u get something thats at least stiffer than what u have from factory.

edit, i strongly believe tein basic will be softer than SS and Flex on softest setting. flex is hella stiff and awesome, SS is good for street and comfortable but will roll like a mofo if presented with a decent corner. basic, well i havent experienced it before.