PDA

View Full Version : Regarding insurance.

tokyonite
24-02-2009, 06:58 PM
hey guy,
my friend got into an accident, not his fault, got other party's license no., plate number, name, address and mobile number. It's only a tiny scratches on the rear bumper (need to be replaced instead of repair since the car is only 3 months old). Tried to ring the guy, no one answered the phone, what should he do now? ring up the company (comprehensive) and lodge the claim stright away or wait for few more days and discuss a solution with the other party since it's only a dent and scratches on back bumper.

thanks for any advice.

Sherweeeny
24-02-2009, 07:01 PM
call the guy back and see if they wanna pay cash i guess, but just call up insurance and give the guys details... its not ur problem, it wasnt you fault ( i mean ur friends )

FD2mugen
24-02-2009, 11:20 PM
fill or lodge a claim ASAP. you paid a lot for your comprehensive insurance and you should get the service you desirve. Its their job to contact the person who is on fault.

aero
25-02-2009, 03:13 PM
i got hit by a truck in my fd1 a few months ago (not my fault) got the guys details and all. went and lodged a claim when i managed to get home and the insurance company took care of it.

tokyonite
25-02-2009, 10:20 PM
thanks guyz. my friend lodged the claim already (aami). Aami then suggested him not to contact the guy personally. anything he wants, just call aami. This sounds kinda cool compared to the accident i had 9 months ago..lol

sassy_fit_vtit
27-02-2009, 12:00 PM
At the end of the day you pay $x for insurance use it. It gets complicated when you try to contact the other party. Better off to lodge a claim and allow the insurance companies to do what they're paid to do.