PDA

View Full Version : honda civic restore

i_love_elmo54
24-02-2009, 09:24 PM
:)hey ppl,

just introducing myself,,i was given this address by a friend and have been reading the forum. i am learning bout cars and have bought a handa civic to do up. i actually bought it cause i loved the shape. but from what i have read and seen on the net honda is pretty popular. i can see why,, i bought my honda civic smashed up so to speak,,,but i want to get in and get dirty and do it up and be proud i did,,,i have done a little to it,,but my biggest prob is working out what model it is,,,i have looked up vin number and read it is 2 diff civics,,lol,,,no im not silly just what net says,,,so am asking u guys,,,my vin number is jhmeh then numbers,,,so im guessing is a civic eh when im looking for parts. any help be great once i know this i can go for my life,,,lol,,,thanks guys hope to hear from yas soon,,,kell:wave:

misteR_bilzz
24-02-2009, 09:27 PM
yep that would mean its an EH :D

SHOGUNOVDDRK
24-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Welcome to Ozhonda Kell,

I'm looking forward to some pics and progress.

btw you in Sydney? Should swing by a Monthly Meet sometime if you are :) (if not other states have similar meets :))

inb4MSNaddyrequestsfromtehguys.

^ indeed

i_love_elmo54
24-02-2009, 10:53 PM
thanks guys no im not in sydney im in brissy,,,at least now i know is a eh i can buy more parts,,,i bought the honda with windscreen smahed no ignition guards and bonnet to damaged to fix and didnt even know if motor went,,,had no battery and person i bought it off even new if it started,,,,so i have taken guards and bonnet off got battery and ignition and to my serprise it started,,,my brother was on holidays b4 all this said motor was worth 1500 dollars,,,not sure what that means but it starts so a good deal concidering i payed 160 dollars for whole car,,,so now on search for guards and bonnet,,,getting windscreen in 2 weeks after i clean left over glass off and taking dash off this weekend to clean it all out,,,have pics of it now i have pulled it apart,,,,but will post when i get guards bonnet and windscreen in,,,unless ppl want to see it as is,,,im so excited thanks guys,,,chat soon kell

eeKayFouR
24-02-2009, 10:55 PM
wassup brissy crew ! :D sounds like a massive project and also a lot of fun hahah gl with it!

i_love_elmo54
24-02-2009, 10:59 PM
yeh it is but all good so far,,,,i am still learning as i said above but already been in there pulled things off got greasy is the best part,,,well apart from when it is finished,,,,had one bad experience with buying parts already but live and learn they say,,,am keen to listen to any hints or ideas from ppl who know hondas,,,where r u from eekayfour???

eeKayFouR
24-02-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm from Southside (Forest lake) :D

Red_EG4
25-02-2009, 04:16 PM
160 dollars for an EH, win :thumbsup:

Welcome Kell. You'll find OzHonda is a wealth of knowledge and the guys in Brisbane will be only too happy to help you out if you need it.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
25-02-2009, 06:26 PM
thanks guys no im not in sydney im in brissy

so a good deal concidering i payed 160 dollars for whole car,,,so now on search for guards and bonnet,,,getting windscreen in 2 weeks after i clean left over glass off and taking dash off this weekend to clean it all out,

have pics of it now i have pulled it apart,,,,but will post when i get guards bonnet and windscreen in,,,unless ppl want to see it as is,,,im so excited thanks guys,,,chat soon kell

Oh goodie, Darryl my Brisbane counterpart Hosts regular meets there aswell, so once the car is in one piece be sure to go to a meet and show the car off :)

160 DORRARS!!!! HOLY SHIITTTT!!!!!

And yes Pics as is NOW

i_love_elmo54
25-02-2009, 10:01 PM
hey guys,
thanks so much for all the replies,,,i will download some pics in next cpl days,,,it is not looking like much at moment but is half the fun,,,i am taking the dash off this weekend to clean it all out and also doing filters oil etc etc,,,as soon as i can locate some guards and bonnet ill be looking even better,,,guy who ripped me off is refunding my 500 dollars so is a good thing,,,just need to know where in brissy i can get parts,,,again is part of the fun,,,,i have learnt to read what everything in vin number means so is a good start,,,lol,,,anyway chat to u all soon,,,kell,,,ps so saying 160 dollars holy shit is a good thing,,,lol

SHOGUNOVDDRK
25-02-2009, 10:03 PM
YES!!!!

I would expect to pay 160 bucks for a 86 civic NOT A EH!!!

i_love_elmo54
25-02-2009, 10:25 PM
well i am about to post a cpl pics i have of it now,,,mayb not that much of a deal,,,lol,,altho as i have said it starts and drives all the electrical works,,,like power windows,,,but i am looking into future gunna b a sweet car,,,and i cn see from u guys i be fine if i get stuck,,,dont be shocked from pics i seen worse,,,as i said for 160 and it goes im happy,,,lol

i_love_elmo54
25-02-2009, 10:27 PM
how do i add pictures to my post,,,lol,,,ps all guards etc were on when i got it i have taken them off

SHOGUNOVDDRK
25-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Well if you get a account at www.photobucket.com it will let you host the pictures there.

Then just use the 'img' code when you highlight the picture or put *www.picture.blah* in with the code where the www.picture.blah is

i_love_elmo54
25-02-2009, 10:31 PM
thx give me a minute ok

i_love_elmo54
25-02-2009, 10:42 PM
ok lets see if i worked it out i uploaded and here is adress,,,http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv334/i_love_elmo54/my%20honda/

i_love_elmo54
25-02-2009, 10:47 PM
when im ready i am tossing up wether to go harliquin or pearl,,,at this stage pearl but still not sure,,,and am also thinking of getting air brush on it,,,but again not sure,,,,at moment just want parts to get it on raod so i can sell my other car,,,then that money go into my honda

tiksie
27-02-2009, 04:38 PM
If I can be bothered to make a writeup on how to spray a car I will put it up and it could help you out to spray your own car!

..If I'm bothered..

Good luck with it all!

Aytac

PS: Here is the picture for people that can't be bothered clicking the link.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv334/i_love_elmo54/my%20honda/015.jpg

Not bad for $160

i_love_elmo54
27-02-2009, 09:00 PM
hey guys sent a private message to this joker,,,omg what r u on about,,,,i bought this car doing it up,,,u have no idea who i am what i want or what money i have to do it,,,,u need to pull ur head in give ppl a go,,,,if they do nothing after posting for a while yeh go for ur life,,,im here to talk get help not be put down csuse i love honda and working my butt off between my job and my car,,,,i hate negative ppl,,,i give anyone a go if they having a go,,,i believe in karma so good luck to u,,kell

SHOGUNOVDDRK
27-02-2009, 09:03 PM
olawdie Kell.

tiksie
28-02-2009, 01:36 AM
hey guys sent a private message to this joker,,,omg what r u on about,,,,i bought this car doing it up,,,u have no idea who i am what i want or what money i have to do it,,,,u need to pull ur head in give ppl a go,,,,if they do nothing after posting for a while yeh go for ur life,,,im here to talk get help not be put down csuse i love honda and working my butt off between my job and my car,,,,i hate negative ppl,,,i give anyone a go if they having a go,,,i believe in karma so good luck to u,,kell

Where did I say I knew you ?

Where did I ask about how much money you had to do whatever you war going to do to this car ?

Where did I 'not give you a go' ?

Where did I supposedly 'put you down' ?

Where did I question your work life and your time to work on the car ?

What drugs are you on mate ?

Don't expect me to reply to a pathetic PM like that after saying that I might attempt a DIY for it to be of use to your future plans on your car as it looks like it will definitely need a respray.

OzHonda is yet to surprise me with the current influx of children.