PDA

View Full Version : So i bought my CBR250 yesterday

Gawdam
25-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Anything you cibby riders can give me advice on.
i.e. things to look out for in the bike when riding, re-occurring problems which aren't easily picked up at first etc. :D

Anybody know of a motorbike mechanic somewhere close to Penrith/Blacktown?

Cheers

mekros
25-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Check your reg/rec is still working reasonably well, spark plugs are not fouled, and other usual road worthy checks.

RoNi_SiZe
25-02-2009, 01:37 PM
re-occurring problems

Yeh, it's consistantly too slow!

HAHAHAHAHA

nah j/kz... that's terrible. I'm terrible. =P

lookingforboost
25-02-2009, 04:45 PM
^^^lol well first off so you know its all done and dusted

1. change engine oil
2. change oil filter
3. drain coolent and replace with 50/50 mix
4. change spark plugs
5. run some carby/injector cleaner through it with a tank of 98 octane
6. clean the chain
7. "lube" the chain... :P

with this all done you know your ready to take on the road

make sure you check your tyre pressures very frequlently to... people tend to forget to and wonder why you cant take corners as good after a few weeks of riding or you fall off :P

Gawdam
25-02-2009, 08:59 PM
haha.. thanks guys.

looking for a mechanic now, to get all that done. :-s

Anybody else owned a cbr and think its way overrated.. LOL
i know i'm stepping on alot of toes, buuuut .... it really isn't as good as i thought :-P

What is the Reg/rec? < noob here. :-s

mojo the flashy monkey
25-02-2009, 09:02 PM
there's a good place over in castle hill called Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse http://www.maw.com.au/ they are quite good and nice ppl also discounts to L plates for the first 3 months :D from what i remember.

i used to take my bike there when i was riding and soon as i get a new bike ill take that there also :P

o and yer cbr is like a a cannon muffler on a lawnmower lol it sounds cool but not moving as fast as it sounds lol. but alot of the 250's are like that. ill be going for a GS500F when i get back on a bike :)

Jomsy
26-02-2009, 08:22 AM
S & R Pro are a bike workshop in penrith, they do awesome work, and are also home of some of the fastest street bikes going around

Gawdam
26-02-2009, 02:28 PM
S & R Pro are a bike workshop in penrith, they do awesome work, and are also home of some of the fastest street bikes going around

Awesome, will go and check them out.
Cheers :-)

lookingforboost
01-03-2009, 08:51 PM
they are like everything you get some great ones and then you get some average ones just depends on who as looked after them, my old cbr hooked my little brother has it now, but in saying that my vfr400 kills it :P

mekros
02-03-2009, 05:42 AM
haha.. thanks guys.

looking for a mechanic now, to get all that done. :-s

Anybody else owned a cbr and think its way overrated.. LOL
i know i'm stepping on alot of toes, buuuut .... it really isn't as good as i thought :-P

What is the Reg/rec? < noob here. :-s

You'll find a bike that you'll really like :) I think learners bikes are something that you adapt to very quickly and find most of its limits.

reg/rec It's a regulator/rectifier, the thing that is supplied from your alternator to charge your battery. Roughest way to do a check is to put a meter across the battery while the bike is running and pick the revs up and hold it around 3-4000rpm. If it's reading around 13.4V then all is good.

Most Hondas seem to be notorious for frying the reg/rec.

Crapdaz
02-03-2009, 11:32 AM
rofl yeh hahaha i had to laugh but around my area a cbr250 L plater got pulled over by cops and he was sitting on the ground with his head stooped down...:p

Gawdam
02-03-2009, 08:30 PM
You'll find a bike that you'll really like :) I think learners bikes are something that you adapt to very quickly and find most of its limits.

reg/rec It's a regulator/rectifier, the thing that is supplied from your alternator to charge your battery. Roughest way to do a check is to put a meter across the battery while the bike is running and pick the revs up and hold it around 3-4000rpm. If it's reading around 13.4V then all is good.

Most Hondas seem to be notorious for frying the reg/rec.

Noice... I could prob check that myself easily.

LOL... what a tool... as if you'd want to loose the lisence on a cbr.

EK4R
03-03-2009, 06:19 PM
ninjas are better :P

lol

Gawdam
03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
my mate has one.

he thinks otherwise :p

RoNi_SiZe
03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
it's Ok Geo, u have a better bike than the Ninja & the CBR250 now. No need 2 stick up your ex

EK4R
04-03-2009, 06:10 PM
lol just playing