PDA

View Full Version : VTiR Passenger seat question

Shraka
25-02-2009, 09:09 PM
On the passenger seat, when you pull the side lever and the seat tilts all the way forward, does it automatically slide forward on it's rails? Mine requires me to pull the front handle, which is really annoying when getting passengers in and out.

T-onedc2
25-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Yes it should slide forward

Shraka
25-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Right, so mine is broken. Any idea where the cable that activates the rail sliding mechanism is?

I should probably pull the chair out and have a look.

T-onedc2
25-02-2009, 09:41 PM
yeah it's under the seat so best to unbolt it

HoBoz
25-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I own a dc2 vti-r as well and im not 100% sure but im pretty sure that the seats are made like that. Only the civic automatically sides forward when the lever is pulled. Not 100% though

Shraka
25-02-2009, 09:49 PM
yeah it's under the seat so best to unbolt it

Cheers.

I own a dc2 vti-r as well and im not 100% sure but im pretty sure that the seats are made like that. Only the civic automatically sides forward when the lever is pulled. Not 100% though

I'll take a look and post here what I find. Yours might be broken too.

I really hope it's broken. I wanna fix it. I'm so sick of having to slide that thing forward for people (especially some of my less athletic friends *sigh*)

Type-R
25-02-2009, 10:01 PM
No its not broken. My bro’s 1995 VTI-R doesn’t automatically slide forward, only tilt like yours. Its really annoying!

Shraka
25-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Blah. I'll still take a look. I just wish more of my friends would get their own cars. Or loose some weight and become a little more flexible. :P

Moey.C
25-02-2009, 10:10 PM
haha u have fat frinds.. u gotta hate dat aye.. when u got ppl equvalent to bears trying 2 get in the back kicking ur chair n shit :P

F.O.B Squad
25-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I have a 94 vtir and you got the side lever to tilt the sit forward but to move the sit forward you gotta pull the lever in the front, under the seat.

Is what you meant or you mean you like those types where you pull one lever (usually on the side) and the seat tilts forward and slide forward also?

Zilli
26-02-2009, 07:00 AM
tell them to walk... f*(K f*(king up your interior...

Shraka
26-02-2009, 09:00 AM
haha u have fat frinds.. u gotta hate dat aye.. when u got ppl equvalent to bears trying 2 get in the back kicking ur chair n shit :P
I have one in particular who has no car and always needs a lift. Most of my other friends have their own car and/or can ninja their way into the back of the car without much hassle.

I have a 94 vtir and you got the side lever to tilt the sit forward but to move the sit forward you gotta pull the lever in the front, under the seat.

Is what you meant or you mean you like those types where you pull one lever (usually on the side) and the seat tilts forward and slide forward also?

Yeah. My mothers Excel, and every other 2 door car I've come across that has back seats lets you tilt and then slide from one control.

tell them to walk... f*(K f*(king up your interior...
I feel like that sometimes.

F.O.B Squad
26-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Maybe you can change the rails to have that type of mechanism, but i think the one you have, like mine i assume, is standard like every other 94 vtir.

Shraka
26-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Maybe you can change the rails to have that type of mechanism, but i think the one you have, like mine i assume, is standard like every other 94 vtir.

All you'd really need is some kind of mechanism on the tilt control so that when the seat got all the way forward, it pulled a lever to detach the locking mechanism on the sliding part of the rail. I don't need it to slide forward on it's own, I just want to be able to pull one level to let them in, rather than fiddling about with two on opposite ends of the chair.

F.O.B Squad
26-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah true, i'd like something like that also. Makes life easier lol.
If you come across a way to do that let us know.

Shraka
26-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah true, i'd like something like that also. Makes life easier lol.
If you come across a way to do that let us know.

It's kinda annoying because this is really only a problem for one of my friends. My girlfriend is small, so usually sits with the seat half forward anyway. This means almost all my other friends can get into the back of my car without needing to slide it forward any further. This guy weighs as much as my girlfriend and I combined too, so he ruins my power to weight ratio.

*grumble grumble*

F.O.B Squad
26-02-2009, 09:18 AM
It's kinda annoying because this is really only a problem for one of my friends. My girlfriend is small, so usually sits with the seat half forward anyway. This means almost all my other friends can get into the back of my car without needing to slide it forward any further. This guy weighs as much as my girlfriend and I combined too, so he ruins my power to weight ratio.

*grumble grumble*

Yeah lol. Dw man i know what your going through. Thats how it used to be ,a lot, when i first got my car but now i restrict who i have in my car. Especially in the back.

HoBoz
26-02-2009, 09:39 AM
All you'd really need is some kind of mechanism on the tilt control so that when the seat got all the way forward, it pulled a lever to detach the locking mechanism on the sliding part of the rail. I don't need it to slide forward on it's own, I just want to be able to pull one level to let them in, rather than fiddling about with two on opposite ends of the chair.

If u happen to find a way to make the seat slide forward as well keep us updated, wouldnt mind doing the same thing.
Cheers

Rehaan Khan
01-03-2009, 08:20 PM
hey i got a 98 vtir n it slides fully once livered....cheers..

Dean Machine
04-03-2009, 03:54 PM
yer im not 100% sure but i have seen something like this before, and apparently its just a very common problem with tegs.
i think its meant to go all at once (unlike mine lol)

Shraka
04-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Still haven't had a chance to take my chair out and take a look. I might get a moment to do it this weekend. I'll keep you all posted.

Shraka
07-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Okay, got it out. Doesn't look like there's any part of the rail locking system that was ever or could easily be connected to the part that rotates the back of the seat.

I'd say for '94 model Integra, that you have to do it separately from factory.

ChiLLie
09-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Okay, got it out. Doesn't look like there's any part of the rail locking system that was ever or could easily be connected to the part that rotates the back of the seat.

I'd say for '94 model Integra, that you have to do it separately from factory.

hey dude, i asked this same question few months back.. the reason our cars' seats don't slide forward automatically (with one pedal etc) is coz we own pre-facelift models.. apparently you could go check 96 model upwards and they won't have that problem.. (correct me if i'm wrong on year dates).,

vtecprelly
09-03-2009, 10:33 AM
my 94 vti-r prelude does the same thing :(

Shraka
11-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah, it sucks. Perhaps I should look for a wrecked post facelift model and grab the seats. :D