PDA

View Full Version : jazz vti-s accelleration

bestjazz101
26-02-2009, 02:02 AM
hey has anyone knowtised that on take off the accelleration is very weak and a little bit slow in responce? and its a vtec 1.5 stock.. any ideas on how to make the acceleration better????

SSs
26-02-2009, 07:18 AM
hey has anyone knowtised that on take off the accelleration is very weak and a little bit slow in responce? and its a vtec 1.5 stock.. any ideas on how to make the acceleration better????
1. change to after market intake/clutch/flywheel
2. add turbo kit
3. Sorry but have to say, improve your take off skill:p

rossw
26-02-2009, 08:31 AM

Well, it isn't a muscle car... I have had no probs with mine. Is yours manual or auto? GD or GE? If it is new, it takes a while for the clutch to bed in and I found take-offs difficult for the first few days - then the clutch take-up was noticeably more progressive.

The easiest way to make the acceleration noticeably better is to buy a more powerful car, or turbocharge this one. I don't think you'll find anything on the market in this size and price range with better straight line performance.

Is yours perhaps a CVT? try shifting manually and see what happens.

mars_panas
26-02-2009, 08:50 AM
put the pedal to the metal hahaha

get a Pulley .... You feel the car responce a lot better.

on mine i have Summit Pulley...

and you can also get a SRI or CAI.... but some SRI, CAI are not better then the stock filter... just have to do a bit of research lar...

good luck

26-02-2009, 11:50 AM
pulley is not good for stock engine.. in long run aniway...

either its balanced or not.. still do the same damage ;)

spastic
26-02-2009, 04:42 PM
lol its a jazz dude

what u expect out of a 1.5ltr engine.

kongfu
26-02-2009, 06:57 PM
lol its a jazz dude

what u expect out of a 1.5ltr engine.

+1'
jazz is not for power unless u willing to spend big $ to do K-series engine conversion or turbo kit.

panda[cRx]
26-02-2009, 07:39 PM
if its a cvt it sounds like normal operation. they dont perform and shift like a standard auto

AutoNoob
26-02-2009, 11:35 PM
wud jazz be slower or faster than like a CXI or GLI, definitely saves more fuel. I can only get about 400kms (up until the light goes orange) driving normally from 1 tank in traffic with about 30kmh.

27-02-2009, 03:35 AM
NOT true the Jazz/Fit is NOT part of the balanced engine components package. It is JUST A PULLEY NOT a harmonic balancer like on some other cars. It has nothing to do with the engine balance. There is NO PROBLEM installing a aftermarket pulley on the Jazz/Fit engine they work just fine.

den i got a mixed .. scratch head :eek:

bestjazz101
27-02-2009, 04:21 AM
yeah mite have to invest in a pulley or a turbo kit..its CVT 07 vtis with 17 inch rimz and lowered with king springs...these springs are daymm bumpy on the stock shocks... in thinking of changing back to 15inch and stock springs...but ive had the kings on for about 8 months do u think my shocks will be the same as when i bought it when i put back the stock springs? mmmmm also changing the pistons and putting a NOS kit in 2 weeks :) bought the kit n all :P

rossw
27-02-2009, 05:51 AM
yeah mite have to invest in a pulley or a turbo kit..its CVT 07 vtis with 17 inch rimz and lowered with king springs...these springs are daymm bumpy on the stock shocks... in thinking of changing back to 15inch and stock springs...but ive had the kings on for about 8 months do u think my shocks will be the same as when i bought it when i put back the stock springs? mmmmm also changing the pistons and putting a NOS kit in 2 weeks :) bought the kit n all :P

Stock shocks and lowered springs is not a good combination. You've probably been bottoming them out.

17 inch rims might be good for bling and steering response but might hurt your takeoff if they are heavier than the stock ones. Turning four heavier wheels is a lot more noticeable to the engine than the same amount of mass added to the car. It's like having four extra flywheels.

If you are a TopGear fan, you will have seen the episode where they had to take an ordinary car and make it's laptimes match an Evo X.

When they put the bigger wheels and brakes on, their laptime increased...

NOs kit will make anything faster, just will get you defected if the bottle is connected.

INVSBL
27-02-2009, 10:00 AM
haha i read the title and all i could do was LOL.

and lol at NOS in a jazz, comon, just buy a vti-r.

dude u own a CVT jazz

i do too, and the only way to get acceleration out of it is put in L and floor it, once it gets past 5000 put into S and it will get too 100 in round 10 seconds.

o and ull need to 'stall' it to bout 2500-3000rpm when u take off, this isnt a good thing for ur box, and frankly if ur worring bout 0-100 uv bought the wrong car.

27-02-2009, 11:51 AM
truuueee that... lol....

jazz - economic =P not fast car for 0-100 but still if you modify ur sussy then it would be a nice go-kart with aircond that goes around the corners fast but low topspeed...

INVSBL
27-02-2009, 12:39 PM
exactly wat i think, were on public roads can u go over 100 legally.
jazz isnt complelty ballless, it has enough to learn with, plus with an engine that with out major money cant get over 100kw, y even bother, just do coilovers, struts and supports, lightweight rims, grippy rubber and go for corners!

mars_panas
27-02-2009, 01:15 PM
put a Type R sticker on it and it will reach 100+ KW ATW LOL

kongfu
27-02-2009, 01:38 PM
17inch on your CVT is just crazy

mars_panas
27-02-2009, 01:51 PM
17inch on your CVT is just crazy

18" is worse hahaha speaking from experience :p

hey how u been??

man loving the H tech man rides nice and smooth and yeah sagged a lil but looks hot now :thumbsup:

kongfu
27-02-2009, 01:59 PM
18" is worse hahaha speaking from experience :p

hey how u been??

man loving the H tech man rides nice and smooth and yeah sagged a lil but looks hot now :thumbsup:

glad to know you love them, best choice made ever:thumbsup:

27-02-2009, 02:33 PM
put a Type R sticker on it and it will reach 100+ KW ATW LOL

heeem i think ill get some red badge and start racing with typuu aaarrrr...

LOOL..... em 18 def to big.. but for show doesnt really matters...
VIP - nice look!, hence thats why ppl look at them becoz they are slow...

slow take off
slow corner
slow on bumps..

automatically ppl will notice AHAHAH

most u go with jazz is 17 for me... unless u have k20 or t'charge it then it would be different :wave:

mars_panas
27-02-2009, 02:35 PM
vtec on gear 1 would do the trick LOL

bestjazz101
27-02-2009, 03:12 PM
yeah im changing 17inch wheels to 15inch and changing the springs to stock....rides wayy to bumpy doing it next week before the NOS is fitted :)

kongfu
27-02-2009, 03:25 PM
yeah im changing 17inch wheels to 15inch and changing the springs to stock....rides wayy to bumpy doing it next week before the NOS is fitted :)

get full exhaust is more effective than NOS IMO:D

bestjazz101
27-02-2009, 03:51 PM
yeah need to save money first!!! hey how do pulleys really work for the jazz? and how much do they cost and where can i get it?

kongfu
27-02-2009, 04:31 PM
yeah need to save money first!!! hey how do pulleys really work for the jazz? and how much do they cost and where can i get it?

not much gain from pulley I can tell you honest.

most realistic mod plan for you

1. 15inch rims and tyres

2. Full exhaust and air filter or aftermarket intake.

These two mods will help your jazz response better and go faster

INVSBL
27-02-2009, 04:36 PM
iv herd multiple times, that if u hav a jazz with cvt, changin everythign b4 the cat is really bad for everyday driving, most zaust are made for top end, giving u extreamly laggy response from the engine which is multipliued by the cvt when ur reving below 3000rpm.

kongfu
27-02-2009, 04:41 PM
iv herd multiple times, that if u hav a jazz with cvt, changin everythign b4 the cat is really bad for everyday driving, most zaust are made for top end, giving u extreamly laggy response from the engine which is multipliued by the cvt when ur reving below 3000rpm.

not true, its better to use OEM cat for CVT otherwise will lose low end power.

Also for CVT jazz catback exhaust better use twin loop design this will help to keep low end power, for the straight pipe design like HKS Hi power its good for Manual but not CVT.

Hope the info helps

INVSBL
27-02-2009, 04:42 PM
ok then i guess its better to just keep the stock zaust on a cvt jazz :p

rossw
27-02-2009, 05:05 PM
ok then i guess its better to just keep the stock zaust on a cvt jazz :p

I think you're right. The standard system is not that bad. A big pipe you can roll a tennis ball down by itself won't do much for you.

Now with NOs that might change. Maybe the standard pipe is now too restrictive when the nitrous is running?

BTW does this NOs kit include fuel enrichment, or does it just have the NOs itself? All the systems I've heard of have had an extra injector or some other means of supplying extra fuel to avoid leaning out and melting the pistons:eek: because NOs is an oxidiser, not a fuel.

Also will the CVT stand up to the extra output? or will things break?

kongfu
27-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I think you're right. The standard system is not that bad. A big pipe you can roll a tennis ball down by itself won't do much for you.

Now with NOs that might change. Maybe the standard pipe is now too restrictive when the nitrous is running?

BTW does this NOs kit include fuel enrichment, or does it just have the NOs itself? All the systems I've heard of have had an extra injector or some other means of supplying extra fuel to avoid leaning out and melting the pistons:eek: because NOs is an oxidiser, not a fuel.

Also will the CVT stand up to the extra output? or will things break?

This is the first time I heard that jazz owner wanna use NOS on it, its very brave and challenging action IMO:thumbsup:

27-02-2009, 06:58 PM
get full exhaust is more effective than NOS IMO:D

Ballleerr... lol.. keep up updated! very interested with it! jazz + nos eeemm... yumm

INVSBL
27-02-2009, 07:25 PM
im thinkin bout removing the resinator under my door and swap the rear mufler, that should give it an actual note with out affecting power.

id love know how to get the power from the newer motors out of mine, even if its small its more :p

VT1-R
27-02-2009, 08:54 PM
get 15" is the best way to give you a faster take off..

also.. i feel that using 17" wheels(non lightweight versions,usually about 9-10kg), which usually comes with 205 or 215/40/17 tyres is wrong.. big tyres sizes are overkill for stock jazz as all the extra grip is useless and the little power the 1.5vtec block made has to overcome the extra grip to launch the car from standstill..it may prove to aid the car when taking a fast corner, but overall drivability of a 17" on a stock jazz sucks!!

and get I/h/e if u wan extra power..

bestjazz101
28-02-2009, 06:06 AM
Yeah it sucks really bad espcially when its lowered with Kings on stock shocks! its like everything rattles in the little cabin wen it drives lol..

whats I/h/e ???? and were can i get one!

k2tsui
28-02-2009, 10:02 AM
15" light weight wheel is all you need!!

4thGenExi
28-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Spin the needle to 4k and dump the clutch. She'll move a lot quicker :)

INVSBL
28-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah it sucks really bad espcially when its lowered with Kings on stock shocks! its like everything rattles in the little cabin wen it drives lol..

lol.....

I/H/E
Intake
Headers
Exhaust

kongfu
28-02-2009, 02:48 PM

You can get full js racing set up by contacting JDM CONCEPT as they are Js racing AU distributor.

prepare 2.5k to 3k for Js racing full exhaust and intake

INVSBL
28-02-2009, 02:49 PM
You can get full js racing set up by contacting JDM CONCEPT as they are Js racing AU distributor.

prepare 2.5k to 3k for Js racing full exhaust and intake

and im guessing for that money, ull get max 15kw gain???

kongfu
28-02-2009, 02:55 PM
and im guessing for that money, ull get max 15kw gain???

impossible

Stock jazz is 88kw at flywheel about 62kw to 66kw at wheel

with I/H/E it will reach 71 to 73k maximum I think

INVSBL
28-02-2009, 03:00 PM
wow 2.5k for under 10kw atw gain.

big waste if u ask me, unless u r rich.

kongfu
28-02-2009, 03:03 PM
wow 2.5k for under 10kw atw gain.

big waste if u ask me, unless u r rich.

you can say modify NA car is a waste , Honda is not about big power its about handling and control.

however modifications are truly personal interest and passion, as long as owner happy to do it.

see those js racing k24 Honda Fit project, at least $40,000 spent on it.

INVSBL
28-02-2009, 03:14 PM
you can say modify NA car is a waste , Honda is not about big power its about handling and control.

however modifications are truly personal interest and passion, as long as owner happy to do it.

see those js racing k24 Honda Fit project, at least $40,000 spent on it.
lol im the last person u need to tell bout haldining being better then power.

just saying its really expensive to modify the L15 in a jazz.

plus id rather put 3k into suspension then into I/H/E

kongfu
28-02-2009, 04:27 PM
lol im the last person u need to tell bout haldining being better then power.

just saying its really expensive to modify the L15 in a jazz.

plus id rather put 3k into suspension then into I/H/E

agree, I would spend 3k for a decent coilover rather than I/H/E

bestjazz101
28-02-2009, 04:57 PM
hey so i changed to 15" 6.5 tire size 195 i feel the tire is a little big mite need to change that plus i put the stock springs rides like a dream :) but its still a little high but i heard if u get a smaller tire like 185 like stock size it will lower it abit.. mmmmmmmmmmmm 4 days till the NOS is fitted yay :)

M@lew
28-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I want a J's mufflerbecause it's sexy, but I like daily noise of my Spoon Street. D=

INVSBL
28-02-2009, 05:59 PM
i want an EP3 mufler, they look hawt, and sound mean aswell.

k2tsui
28-02-2009, 06:14 PM
I want a J's mufflerbecause it's sexy, but I like daily noise of my Spoon Street. D=

I get the Js racing muffler, it's such a beauty and it is noise as hell.

mars_panas
28-02-2009, 06:25 PM
i am using full x-force exhaust headers to cannon.... has a nice tone to it....

kongfu
28-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I get the Js racing muffler, it's such a beauty and it is noise as hell.

js racing is for racing use therefore its loud

k2tsui
28-02-2009, 08:01 PM
js racing is for racing use therefore its loud

YUP, and i love the sound of it. Getting the js racing header next week,
CAn't wait to hear how it sound.

kongfu
28-02-2009, 08:29 PM
YUP, and i love the sound of it. Getting the js racing header next week,
CAn't wait to hear how it sound.

It will become more louder than just muffler:wave:

bestjazz101
01-03-2009, 04:38 AM
did u know mufflers actually decrease ur power and it stuffs up ur jazz engine in the long run.! badbadbadbadbad i took mine off and im selling it..bought it for 300bucks willing to sell for 50bucks it sounds daymmm cool on a jazz...took it off coz i got a sound system and interfered with it

k2tsui
01-03-2009, 09:17 AM
i know if u just change the muffler, it will decrease the low end torque for sure but i haven't heard anyone saying it will damage your enigne.Get any evidence for that?

Just do sound deadening and put a nice split for your jazz will fix the problem.
I have Focal K2P at front and get front door sound deadening done, and i enjoy my music. I mean the K2P is really loud. LOL

mars_panas
01-03-2009, 09:59 AM
hrmms i was about take off my full exhaust and put my stock exhaust back on and put a nice tip on the end.... coz yeh i have a baby and its to loud for him....

M@lew
01-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Shotgun your exhaust parts if you do that Rido. ;) hehe

mars_panas
02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Shotgun your exhaust parts if you do that Rido. ;) hehe

hehe will let u know... still deciding if i should sell my car or keep it and put the stock exhaust back on and teach my wife how to drive manual.... :p

M@lew
02-03-2009, 08:37 AM
You know you want that Fab kit. :D

VT1-R
02-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Spend $3k..$1.5k on sussy..$1.5k on I/h/e(xforce h/e, some cheap $150 custom intake)..

Only spending $3k on a jazz sussy will make it fun round tough corners.. but its too gutless.. Only cars like Civic Type R do we only mod sussy and be happy..

Without useful breathing mods, its hard to make the jazz a fun enough in the track..thats wat i tink..

03-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Spend $3k..$1.5k on sussy..$1.5k on I/h/e(xforce h/e, some cheap $150 custom intake)..

Only spending $3k on a jazz sussy will make it fun round tough corners.. but its too gutless.. Only cars like Civic Type R do we only mod sussy and be happy..

Without useful breathing mods, its hard to make the jazz a fun enough in the track..thats wat i tink..

tell me that .. mhauhauha.. :o

bc143
04-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey mate cool down may be he just love his car toooooo much and been trial n error modding cars while happens to be on the wrong side....
it's good to c everyone from ausjazz is here :)
back to the topic,. i just got a pulley from marco weight just 680g while the stock about 2kg. mine is a CVT so doesn't want to mod too much (the box will die).
the first impression is the car runs quieter start a tad smoother and the S + floor gas goes better (at least better feel) esp with stock you have to wait but now they have a instant rush then the CVT change gear ratio (then the rush gone) then after you reach 5000+ the rush back again.
not bad for just 170 + installation(50) now looking at intake may be CAI....

marcoardeno
05-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Hey mate cool down may be he just love his car toooooo much and been trial n error modding cars while happens to be on the wrong side....
it's good to c everyone from ausjazz is here :)
back to the topic,. i just got a pulley from marco weight just 680g while the stock about 2kg. mine is a CVT so doesn't want to mod too much (the box will die).
the first impression is the car runs quieter start a tad smoother and the S + floor gas goes better (at least better feel) esp with stock you have to wait but now they have a instant rush then the CVT change gear ratio (then the rush gone) then after you reach 5000+ the rush back again.
not bad for just 170 + installation(50) now looking at intake may be CAI....

:cool: thanks for the review mate hehe.

bestjazz101
05-03-2009, 02:22 AM
mufflers decrease power thats for sure on a vtis 07 jazz i did a dyno and found out with and without the muffler.. :)

bestjazz101
05-03-2009, 02:28 AM
im actually going to malaysia next week? n e one know some good shops to get jazz performance parts? in the KL area?