PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R kit question

Shuyin
23-10-2004, 01:23 PM
hi! im new to the forum.....i juz wanted to ask whether the type R front, rear and sides would fit onto an ek4 without panel work?

and also i would like to ask how much the whole type R kit would cost....im located in sydney.?
thnx in advance!! :)

Baopham
23-10-2004, 01:26 PM
should fit straight in.. as for the price.. wouldnt have a clue.. neva really tried looking for a type r kit b4..

eknine
23-10-2004, 03:15 PM
search is ur friend. this topic is overly done <laffz>

pgclee
23-10-2004, 06:53 PM
same body...but front part, depends on what year...side and rear should fit just nice..

|N|
23-10-2004, 07:18 PM
if its <99 dan i reckon it should fit straight on ... correct me if i m wrong

EK9
24-10-2004, 04:12 AM
same body...but front part, depends on what year...side and rear should fit just nice..
:thumbsup:
btw, sides are the same as normal civic... just painted

Shuyin
24-10-2004, 01:22 PM
thnx all for their replies......sorry if this thread has been done b4....i have tried searching but i couldnt find any threads that had info on wat i wanted to find out....

juz also wanted to know if i do get the civic type R front......on the ek4....would the grill have to be changed also to the ek9 grill? and also r the civic type R lights same as the stock lights but juz tinted?

EK9
24-10-2004, 08:12 PM
have u seen an ek9 ctr kit yet? well, it's not a kit, it's just a front and rear lip and rear wing, so you wont need to change your existing grill cos it's the same shape... however, the ctr grill doesn't have the bit where the badge goes, it's just mesh, so u'll need to change that for the "ctr look".
another diff is if u have a 96-98 ek hatch, it will have bumper mouldings, where as the ctr doesn't have mouldings in both the 96-98 and 99-00 versions.
the lights are basically the same, just smoked/tinted and also there are no deflectors on the bulbs (i think).

anyways, all u need to do is search for ctr pics really... if not on this forum, then try us honda forums... then of course there's the net ;)

Civic Type R
25-10-2004, 12:12 AM
refer to my EK9 civic type R comparison page for the cosmetic differences.
http://www.dohc-vtec.com.au/pages/linked/civic-vtir-vs-typer.htm

CTR Coupe
26-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Will the CTR rear lip fit a coupe? or will i need to get a VTI-R rear lip?

BlitZ
27-10-2004, 09:13 AM
CTRs have just a front and rear lip and spoiler.... apart from that they are the same ( not a complete body kit)

the bars are std items for all civics of the same shape apart from the face lifted models (which would not fit the older shape unless your gonna change your fenders and lights too.)

the side skirts on a CTR are the same as the one on the CXI,GLi,VTi,VtiR and everyhitng else from 96-2000.
:D