PDA

View Full Version : buzzing noise from speekers while car idols and accels

DC:51:VE
27-02-2009, 04:30 PM
iv heard this problem many time b4 but never though it would happen ti me!!!!!! haha

while i idol theres a buzzing noise cumming from the speakers then soon as i hit it it gets louder??

apparanty its cause when 2 cirtain cord touch each other they make the sound

anyone kno what cords they are???

fabezzz
27-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Lol man you got the power cable and the ground cable running right next to eachother on the same side of the car i bet.

27-02-2009, 04:59 PM
grounding cable?? u talking about the earth??? the earth is mounted on the boot, the power runs from front to back **obviously** so how would that be the problem??

i woulda thought it would b the remote cable from the amp to deck or sumthing ?? or maby speeker cables??

fabezzz
27-02-2009, 05:15 PM
run the power cable on the other side of the car and run all the other wires on the opposite site, the buzzing sound is from the power cable interfering with the others.

tiksie
27-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Lol man you got the power cable and the ground cable running right next to eachother on the same side of the car i bet.

Who runs their ground to the battery from the boot ? :/ That's dumb.

Your remote + speaker wires should be on one side, and power/constant on the other side, it's causing static which excels when there is more stress on the alternator!

Easy fix, and damn annoying at first!!

27-02-2009, 06:27 PM

Your remote + speaker wires should be on one side, and power/constant on the other side, it's causing static which excels when there is more stress on the alternator!

haha hell yeahh its annoying!!!!!!

thanx everyone system will be crystal clear 2morrow morningg :)

--drew--
02-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Also run the RCA cables down the same side as speakers wires and remote wire.

ej20i
11-03-2009, 06:04 PM
wad head unit have u got??if pioneer...its a common problem...so ground the rca

tiksie
17-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Got nothing to do with the headunit man, it will happen with every headunit depending on your wiring lol.

night_wolf
18-03-2009, 12:25 AM
simple its the grounding cable. the grounding cable isnt carrying all the charge into the chasis. try mounting your cable to another spot or as i have done, bolted it to the nut on the back seat and shaved of some of the paint so its grounding cable is touching metal.

Riviera
18-03-2009, 08:48 PM
lol its the RCA's and speaker wires running down the same side as the battery wire

plain and simple not earthing issues... earthing issues can cause
an amp to turn off/go into protect mode... not affect sound....

trism
22-03-2009, 04:22 PM
omfg

very very rarely will running RCAs and power wire down same side cause buzzing, and if it doesit will be constant, NOT change with revs

the problem you are having is called a ground loop issue. it can be caused by a few things

1. your amp ground is not sufficient. make sure its secure, and on bare metal, strip all paint away.
2. your amp is directly secured to or touching metal. the amp tries to ground thru its chassis instead of the ground wire and can cause interference

civic88
24-03-2009, 08:55 PM
wad head unit have u got??if pioneer...its a common problem...so ground the rca

what do you mean by grounding the rca?

arverson
24-03-2009, 11:04 PM
im wondering what that means too..

trism
25-03-2009, 01:20 AM
with pioneers they have a fuse for the RCAs. if you let the RCAs touch metal while the stereo is on then it can blow this fuse, it will make a buzzing noise.

grounding the RCAs is just that. get yourself a bit of wire, and bare both ends. tape one end to the outer part of the RCA plug and the other end to bare metal. play musaic,. if the sound goes, thats your prob

goodle grounding RCAs pioneer headunit

zachge
02-04-2009, 04:38 PM
omfg

very very rarely will running RCAs and power wire down same side cause buzzing, and if it doesit will be constant, NOT change with revs

the problem you are having is called a ground loop issue. it can be caused by a few things

your amp ground is not sufficient. make sure its secure, and on bare metal, strip all paint away.

This man knows. It is nothing to do with cables being run down the same sides.
It's because of a poor ground connection from amplifier to chassis.
Do as everyone has said, ensure the cable is screwed/bolted onto the chassis itself, not wrapped around a bolt on the parcel shelf for eg.

typesaccord
14-04-2009, 01:39 PM
i have allso had this problem on my old car , and it can be lots of things ,did this start happen strait after the install or did it start ramdonly ?(as the way the cables are run can prevent or encourage noise), ill start with the easy things first , check all earthing points ,even the head unit i allways run 2 from it i.e the black wire and a wire from the case of the unit ,are they lose or rust is under them ? still no joy look at the way that the cables are run down your floor ,they should be as follows ,i start with main power cable i run it down the same side as the battery allthe way down the sill (between the seat and door ),then rca/remote down the middle (under console etc), then all specker wire down the other side from the power cable (allso between the seat and door), if you cables have to touch e.g front door specker wire over main power cable then make a cross , dont have them running parrallel (not even for a short distance), check that rca plug are a good firm fit ,try moving the plugs with your hand with the stereo on , if you still have the noise then its time to look at the bigger things , if you are useing an older amp (few years old or more) then try and borrow a mates one that you know is good wire it into your car and see if that works , next after that is looking at your alternater , get it checked out by a auto sparky they can drop diodes and still recharge your battery fine , but make heaps of noise , some of these thing may sound silly ,but all of them i have had happen too me and they can be very hard to find , or maybe a mix of different causes , hope this helps

MR_PEA
14-04-2009, 09:26 PM
alot of people forget to look at the ground that is attached off the battery..
most stock cars will be fine.. sometimes it helps to check the factory ground point at the battery..
for performance sound setups generally multipul grounds from the battery can help with engine performance and sound quality..

probally not the answer that you require but definatly worth a look.

12mod
16-04-2009, 10:04 AM
failing all this you may need to earth loop the rca's as it quite offen causes alot of trouble have had to fix many a car with this fault but your 2 easiest solutions are as stated above thank you trism

dwn_boi
16-04-2009, 10:40 AM
lol i had this problem too was so annoying, you could hear it when i had a tape in and there was no music playing, like a blank spot on the tape. turns out it was a loose wire causing the problem, wasn't earthed properly.

euro_tr4sh
17-04-2009, 11:30 PM
lol its the RCA's and speaker wires running down the same side as the battery wire

plain and simple not earthing issues... earthing issues can cause
an amp to turn off/go into protect mode... not affect sound....

idiot

Got nothing to do with the headunit man, it will happen with every headunit depending on your wiring lol.

idiot

roflmao at excelling static...

just listen to trism, i gave up posting advice in here ages ago due to examples like the above, does provide good lulz though

MR_PEA
19-04-2009, 10:59 PM
lol above post...

d_ice
13-09-2009, 09:47 AM
it could also be your RCAs... inferior quality RCA cables can induce noise... I had the problem... replaced my RCAs and now everything is going perfect...

But yes I run my power cable same side as the battery down the side... and the speaker and RCA cables down the other side... never had a problem in the 20+ systems I've installed... oh and make sure as said that you have sufficient ground... if you're using say a 2awg power cable then grab a small 2awg power cable from your negative battery terminal to the chassis for added measure... make sure you have sufficient ground in your whole system